The Hulk is Buffed???

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
If you read the event rules it says that the Hulk is one of the buffed characters. None of us have the Hulk. So does that mean that we could get Hulks before the end of the event? What happens when the "Recruit the Hulk" bar is full? Do we all get one free hulk cover? (yes please) Or does he become purchaseable in the store? Your thoughts?

Comments

• Guest slot.
  • Enemy hulk is probably buffed.
  • I wonder if the event packs have/will have The Hulk.
  • Also, it doesn't say when the free everyone hulk drops..might be mid tournement ias opposed to end if ppl reach the total goal fast enough.

My goal for this is top 1500 and some good bracket placements (hopefully? Lol..). That and reaching 50k for punisher. Now I guess I play the waiting game in my first bracket to see if there is rubberbanding or not. It is highly likely though that this is about to be a grindfest given the lack of main brackets.
  • Wow. Stinks you need the punisher for the other event.

I was so happy when I first pressed on it because I thought we were going to get a guest use of the punisher.

I went out and bought 2 200 loonie heroes hoping to get lucky and get the punisher but they were both cap America. Sigh....
  • This makes me think Hulk is in the recruit packs for this event. It says he's powered up, and the pack is for powered up heroes from The Hulk. But his picture isn't in with the rest of them on the recruit screen.
  • Also, it doesn't say when the free everyone hulk drops..might be mid tournement ias opposed to end if ppl reach the total goal fast enough.

My goal for this is top 1500 and some good bracket placements (hopefully? Lol..). That and reaching 50k for punisher. Now I guess I play the waiting game in my first bracket to see if there is rubberbanding or not. It is highly likely though that this is about to be a grindfest given the lack of main brackets.

Is it confirmed that everyone gets the Hulk when we hit the goal? Or is this speculation?
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It could be somewhere between those 2 possibilities; filling the Hulk bar could unlock him as a potential find in both basic & buffed packs, with the event itself continuing until it's allotted time.
    Though ironically a buffed Hulk wouldn't be much help anyway, since he'll be locked for all the Hulk matches!

OR

There could be a 3rd event map (The Hunt had 3 didn't it?), in which Hulk is a guest party member.
  • TheVulture wrote:
    It could be somewhere between those 2 possibilities; filling the Hulk bar could unlock him as a potential find in both basic & buffed packs, with the event itself continuing until it's allotted time.
    Though ironically a buffed Hulk wouldn't be much help anyway, since he'll be locked for all the Hulk matches!

OR

There could be a 3rd event map (The Hunt had 3 didn't it?), in which Hulk is a guest party member.

Lol why would filling the hulk bar unlock him in packs? The hulk is a reward and the progress bar maxes at 50,000 which is the amount needed to get punisher.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    TheVulture wrote:

OR

Lol why would filling the hulk bar unlock him in packs? The hulk is a reward and the progress bar maxes at 50,000 which is the amount needed to get punisher.

Look again, bar is at 50,000,000. And his theory that it would unlock him in packs makes perfect sense, since the "goal" of this is to be able to recruit Hulk.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    TheVulture wrote:

OR

Look again, bar is at 50,000,000. And his theory that it would unlock him in packs makes perfect sense, since the "goal" of this is to be able to recruit Hulk.

Lol.that's my bad, I should work on my reading. Anyways if you had to unlock the ability to get him in packs I think a lot of people would get very angry. Imagine playing so you have the ability to buy packs and get him.
  • Badman82 wrote:
    Badman82 wrote:
    TheVulture wrote:

OR

Lol.that's my bad, I should work on my reading. Anyways if you had to unlock the ability to get him in packs I think a lot of people would get very angry. Imagine playing so you have the ability to buy packs and get him.

Well no, it's more of a gimmick. Obviously we're going to hit the 50M point mark, which would assumingly unlock him as "recruitable," simply making him accessible in packs. But he's in like the top 1,500 of rewards, so everyone there will be getting him after the event.
  • Ahhh again sorry for misunderstanding, I thought you meant something else. Either way having more characters is good icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Yeah I'm thinking it's a third level or more unlocked with him as a guest character. That makes most sense to me. And maybe he will be in the packs too.

The idea of giving out free ones in my original post was a joke mixed with wishful thinking. Sorry for those who thought that was a real possibility. Would be sweet though
    the moose wrote:
    Yeah I'm thinking it's a third level or more unlocked with him as a guest character. That makes most sense to me. And maybe he will be in the packs too.

The idea of giving out free ones in my original post was a joke mixed with wishful thinking. Sorry for those who thought that was a real possibility. Would be sweet though

Don't count that possibility out, its hardly silly. One of the best ways to get ppl to spend is to make them think they are part way there already. Lots of games give out a free "first" of a card as a way to make ppl say "I already have one now! Hulk is so cool! I wish I could lvl up a hul..are you telling me that I can spend my money on something called hero points and use those go level up a card as long as I have at least one cover? TAKE MY MONEY"...especially for a character ppl clearly like, I could see this as a viable business strategy (doubles as a "christmas present").

That said, looking at the wording and how the event has worked so far I am leaning towards something QUITE heinous. What if a new level AND hulk In packs open up. BUT, hulk is mandatory for most of them similar to punisher. Kindness would mean they give everyone a free one...cruelty would be just giving us nothing and pointing us In the direction of the in game store.
  • Hulk enemy is buffed, not sure the %, because his matching damage and HP at LVL 71 are akin to LVL 115 ragnarok which can't be his default stats.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Hulk enemy is buffed, not sure the %, because his matching damage and HP at LVL 71 are akin to LVL 115 ragnarok which can't be his default stats.
    So we think it's about a 100% buff then?