PVE Scaling Question

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Thugpatrol wrote:
    The problem with scaling and rubberbanding is they're juggling a whole lot of things all at once. They want everyone, regardless of roster strength or time availability, to feel like they can compete. At the same time they don't want anyone to feel too comfortable, because they're trying to push people in various ways to spend money. In the end it feels awkward and unfair, because it is awkward and unfair. It seems like there should be a more graceful solution that's not such a mess without sacrificing their business goals.
    The answer is to make PvE actually mean PvE and not PvP with goons. That means they'll mainly only have to fine-tune progression rewards and it takes the pressure off players. In turn, they'll have more time for more important things, i.e. character balance, actual new and interesting content, anti-cheat, bug fixes.
    That would all be fine from my perspective. I would enjoy a low stress PvE with nothing but progression awards to play as much or as little as I see fit. But they don't want to take all the pressure off players. Pressure makes people spend money. The problem once again becomes their failure to monetize their own game in a way that allows them to do things like this that we would want and still generate income.
  • Unknown
    Options
    You know what ? It would be so nice if Nick Fury was helpful on this crazy scaling.

He's not !