When's the last time you went for 1st in PvP?(non lightning)

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I like many have probably been spending the last few weekly PvP tourneys shooting for 2nd place. I spend more time in the last hour checking the rankings than playing. Hoping I don't over or undershoot. I finally 'won' by hitting 2nd place this morning on No Holds Barred.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Just last week. I happen to like IW.
  • Purty_Hawkeye
    Purty_Hawkeye Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I also have been adding covers to my IW and am happy to take 1st if everyone else wants the other places. I've still found I have to work pretty hard to hold on to it despite the lack of general enthusiasm for IW.
  • Last time I thought I had a shot at first was the last tournament where retaliations broke.
  • For the Hunt, I was definitely shooting for a Punisher cover (only ended up with 1 due to not understanding rubberbanding at the beginning of the tourney).

But I only have 4 covers on my BW Original so I'm pretty happy with any of the top spots in recent tourneys.
  • I go for first in non lightning rounds every single time as long as my job doesn't get in the way. I am way too competitive. Lightning rounds I just play for ISO and hero points. Covers are bonus ISO at this point
  • I shot for #2 because I didn't have GW Sniper Rifle yet and I needed one more purple level. Got it, and now I can take it easy for this next tourney and just hit the top ten for another Sniper Rifle cover.

I already sink too much time into this game...I can't imagine what it'll do to me when I run out of stuff to do and start trying to level up legendary covers. Don't even tempt me, Sue Storm. Stay off my roster.
  • I got first in the Top Shot tournament and was kind of excited to get a red X-Wolvie. Even then, I recognized that I would have been better served aiming for second, I just liked the idea of having his red. Since Invisible Woman, though, I have had no interest in getting first.

I'm not enough of a monster to end up with huge point leads that I can just fritter away in the last moments; so it's not like I have a lot of strategy to bring to bear on the situation. I stalled for a few minutes at the end of the last Dark Avengers tournament in the hopes of falling from first to second, and ended up losing more points than I thought and falling to 3rd or 4th. Such is life.
  • 1st in Bad is Good (US time) in my bracket.
    Then some TOP8 Lightning round but playing non-stop more than 1 hour is two difficult for my eyes on a phone icon_e_ugeek.gif .

I spend too much time on this game so I begin to stop playing all the tournament. icon_e_confused.gif Just aiming progression reward.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't have a 1st place team yet, but I'm able to compete in top 10 or higher now. Got somewhere in 3-5 on the first NHB tournament, which is too bad because I don't need the red. 6-10 would have been just as good for me but I was trying for 2nd.

Even if I could hold 1st, I wouldn't try to unless I had all the cards I needed below it already. Not until IW is fixed.