What the Duece? No Holds Barred top 25

Options
Unknown
edited December 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
SOooo most importantly is that I worked for a few hours on this event only to get out farmed in the end and end up top 25, maybe 3-4 places from top 10. Which sucks in and of itself, but to add salt to the wound there's the prize...

Two blue Black WIdow Original covers...and....a purple Black Widow Modern cover? What is that, they're not even the same character, and BW Original has three abilities!? At least give me a black and a purple cover! Seriously who thought up these prizes? Was there a typo? Someone entered the wrong info from the database, I mean two of the same exact cover, which is garbage at lvl 1, and then a cover from an unrelated character? Why?

Secondly, how are your defenders chosen for pvp? From what I understand it's the highest level characters you have...so if I have 5 characters of the same level is it just chosen randomly from among them? Or is there a way for me to designate which characters I want to use specifically for defense? If there's not, or if it's a random selection, why don't I have the option? It sucks to go from first place in your bracket to twelth place because everyone is farming you and you can't keep up...Sure I can beat them all back individually in under a couple minutes but there's just too many flies to swat.

Or are your defenders chosen by what characters you use to attack with? Because if that's the case it sucks to use a low level producer, like Storm or BW Original because then their team just one shots them and moves on to your heavy hitters.

Comments

• Your defenders are the last team you fought in the tourney with unless it's a retaliation then it's whatever team you beat that person with
  • Well that explains a lot then, since I use board clears and color steals to fuel my lvl 92 ironman 40. To keep them from taking hits I left them lvl 1...but if those are the champions that they have to fight in order to beat me. Well yeah...
  • treserio wrote:
    Well that explains a lot then, since I use board clears and color steals to fuel my lvl 92 ironman 40. To keep them from taking hits I left them lvl 1...but if those are the champions that they have to fight in order to beat me. Well yeah...

Yep, that would be your problem. You were essentially a freebie for anyone doing the last minute push. Usually, I try to do my heavy grinding about 3-4 hours before the tournament ends to hopefully get all the retaliation strikes out of the way and get myself off everyone's radar so to speak. This eliminates a portion of big shifts in points against you. Then I do a massive push about 15 minutes befor tourney ends to give as little time as possible for others to retaliate. It's the times when you want to land in a specific spot (i.e. 2nd or 3rd-5th) that require some finesse.
  • I always wondered what the deal was with those lollipops I kept drawing on occasion running high level 3*s alongside level 1 Hawkeyes and whatnot. Now I know. icon_e_smile.gif
  • So again, what's up with the messed up reward for top 25? or is that intentional to give people two of the same color and one of a lower tier?
  • treserio wrote:
    So again, what's up with the messed up reward for top 25? or is that intentional to give people two of the same color and one of a lower tier?

here
  • So has any one gotten the fix for this yet?