Thor is a woman now

Options
SnakesArrows
SnakesArrows Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
edited August 2014 in General Discussion
Now that marvel has announced Thor will be a woman in the comics going forward will or should MPQ update the character? If so both 2* and 3*?

Comments

• eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Incoming 4* Thor (female)
    based on how Demiurge has done alternates, it will be based on the same character model as the Thor we have now icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm all for the change. Norse Mythology is littered with gender swapping. (And Loki tying his beard to a goat's balls) Plus she looks completely badass.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Epic Uber Super Lazy Thor 4*? Season 4 reward? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    I wouldn't mind a She-Loki, if they aren't gonna improve the one we already have. But She-Thor? Booooooring.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Don't forget this game takes place within the Dark Reign story arc, which wrapped up years ago. I don't see any reason they would alter current characters retroactively
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Gambit002 wrote:
    Don't forget this game takes place within the Dark Reign story arc, which wrapped up years ago. I don't see any reason they would alter current characters retroactively
    Yes, but they already have characters that never appeared in Dark Reign in the game so they could do it.
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Options
    From what I understand, isn't this temporary? I mean, they're not literally retelling Thor's origin starting from Asgard & now Odin's offspring is a daughter? (<- genuine question here) I assume it's kinda like a character taking over Capt. America's mantle until Steve Rogers reclaims it again.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    From what I understand, isn't this temporary? I mean, they're not literally retelling Thor's origin starting from Asgard & now Odin's offspring is a daughter? (<- genuine question here) I assume it's kinda like a character taking over Capt. America's mantle until Steve Rogers reclaims it again.
    You are correct. Thor is not being gender swapped. Something will happen for Thor to (once again) become unworthy of wielding Mjoliner and a female Asgardian is deemed worthy and takes up the mantle of "Thor" (apparently Thor is a title as well as a proper name).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    Going a bit out of topic here, but stuff happened and Steve Rogers will not be Cap anymore.
    It was recently announced that The Falcon will be the new Captain America.
    It's unclear how long that will last, it feels something more temporary than the new Thor, but it would be a nice solution to the movies after the contract of 6 movies for the main lead of Captain America runs out.

Since the comics are more popular because of the MCU, maybe they are willing to change the status quo and start a new age, one started and created for this current wave of Marvel fans. It would also create this line of Disney era Original Marvel superheroes. That would be nice.

Also according to the internet:
    Odin = King. Odin = Thor's Father. Marvel belongs to Disney. New Thor = Disney princess
  • M C K
    M C K Posts: 96 Match Maker
    Options
    Falcon as Captain America = Captain Falcon

And Marvel/Disney/Nintendo massively up their crossover game
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think all of this is just a ploy to allow them to keep rebooting the movie franchises...
  • Unknown
    Options
    Marty17 wrote:
    You are correct. Thor is not being gender swapped. Something will happen for Thor to (once again) become unworthy of wielding Mjoliner and a female Asgardian is deemed worthy and takes up the mantle of "Thor" (apparently Thor is a title as well as a proper name).

I don't believe "Thor" is a title, weather it be Norse Mythology or in the Marvel Universe................ but I am not Odin, so I do not know icon_e_wink.gif

When in doubt, check the etymology.

Etymology of our English word, THOR:
    Old Norse Þorr, literally "thunder," from *þunroz, related to Old English þunor

Personally, I am not a fan of the female Thor idea.
  • Unknown
    Options
    People are taking this media attention grab too seriously. The comics aren't even faithfully based on Norse mythology anyways. Thor could never be not Thor, and someone doesn't magically become daughter of Odin just because they are worthy of wielding Mjolnir, even if they take Thor's name. I think they're just trying to increase sales to girls and those who support feminism by having a 'strong' female character.

Maybe the spoiler is she's Odin's long lost daughter. Gods like to get around.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    People are taking this media attention grab too seriously. The comics aren't even faithfully based on Norse mythology anyways. Thor could never be not Thor, and someone doesn't magically become daughter of Odin just because they are worthy of wielding Mjolnir, even if they take Thor's name. I think they're just trying to increase sales to girls and those who support feminism by having a 'strong' female character.

Maybe the spoiler is she's Odin's long lost daughter. Gods like to get around.
    Actually, Thor's long lost sister (who is also Odin's daughter) is Angela. She will be part of the Avengers team along with the replacement for Thor. Thor Odinson will be off doing other things during his time away from the main Avengers team.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If anyone is curious, in the past, Thor has been an actual frog and a bird person. A mere woman is the opposite of a shock.
  • and considering marvel was bought out by Disney I guess that makes thor a dysney princess now.. lmao