Season 2 rankings

Options
124»

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I was in Jozier's bracket and it was down to 4995 earlier and now seems to be back to 4997 - no names changed that I could see.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Mine (with Kakko aka Gipsy_Danger in the lead) has been all over the place, too. From 5000 to a whopping 4993 then to 5000 again then to 4999 or so. My rank hasn't moved.
    Cheetahs, too fast too furious.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Thanks for doing that, I was kind of curious if there were any other alliances like mine that didn't try as hard this season.

59. Retribution 175673 (-47)
    62. Pax Romana 175341 (-39)
    63. ScarFighters 175112 (-54)
    64. Godlike 174846 (-43)
    80. MisfitRightIn 172271 (-60)
    83. Hubris 171988 (-54)
    84. Silver Surfers 171815 (-40)
    85. Dead Alliance 171813 (-70)

The burnout gang.

I wonder how many bounce back. My alliance dropped 21 places in Season 2 and definitely tried less hard (I know I did), partly due to being stuck with a couple of all-but-inactive commanders. This Season we're in 28th overall even though we're temporarily down to 19 players on the roster due to someone leaving yesterday- which would be up 69 places (!!) if the season finished right now, and my personal score is already past last season's with a couple of events and some shield simulator time to go...

If Season 3 scores are up on Season 2, good luck telling D3 that PvP is broken I guess.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Zhirrzh wrote:
    I wonder how many bounce back. My alliance dropped 21 places in Season 2 and definitely tried less hard (I know I did), partly due to being stuck with a couple of all-but-inactive commanders. This Season we're in 28th overall even though we're temporarily down to 19 players on the roster due to someone leaving yesterday- which would be up 69 places (!!) if the season finished right now, and my personal score is already past last season's with a couple of events and some shield simulator time to go...

If Season 3 scores are up on Season 2, good luck telling D3 that PvP is broken I guess.

If scores are up, it will likely only be at the very top. The 1700+ scores in pvp aren't coming from the average player, and the players who are doing that are congregated in the same few alliances. Everyone else seems to be putting up either the same type of scores as the previous seasons, or lower.

As for alliances dropping...my season one alliance would not have made the cut in season two. Same thing with my season two alliance and season three.

There's a substantial level of burnout, and not just at the tippy top. Those were both alliances that finished 50-100.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My score is up for season 3. There was a large chunk of season 2 where it seemed like I could not win a cover to save my life and had the scores to show for it and stopped trying so hard. Season 3 has been better.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My score is up for season 3. There was a large chunk of season 2 where it seemed like I could not win a cover to save my life and had the scores to show for it and stopped trying so hard. Season 3 has been better.

Same was true for me in seasons 2 and 3. Despite similar scores in the Shield Simulator in both seasons my season 3 score was more than 3000 points above my season 2 score, for the same reasons- it was just too competitive and the effort-for-reward spectrum was out of whack, on a number of events I wouldn't bother shielding because I wasn't going to get a cover even at like 800 or 900 so I just let myself sit in the open and take the hits back to 600 or 500 or whatever. Maybe they fixed MMR a bit better, maybe I got luckier with the brackets I got in, I dunno but this time around the reward for effort was there and so I bothered to play more and bothered to shield more.

Most of my alliance has carried over through all 3 seasons and I reckon all of those people have scored higher in season 3 than in season 2.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Someone lock this thread already.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Please don't, so we can up it on a regular basis.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Please don't, so we can up it on a regular basis.

Why bump it? If anyone really wants to look up previous rankings, the search function works well enough, especially since all of these threads have similar names.