Season 2 rankings

Options

Comments

• ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    Options
    my alliance went through probably a dozen people to get into top 100 icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Thanks for doing that, I was kind of curious if there were any other alliances like mine that didn't try as hard this season.

59. Retribution 175673 (-47)
    62. Pax Romana 175341 (-39)
    63. ScarFighters 175112 (-54)
    64. Godlike 174846 (-43)
    80. MisfitRightIn 172271 (-60)
    83. Hubris 171988 (-54)
    84. Silver Surfers 171815 (-40)
    85. Dead Alliance 171813 (-70)

The burnout gang.

Heck yeah, Hubris represent!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Don't forget all the shuffling of alliance memberships since the end of S1.

Destro's Posse got raided for 3 guys in the past 2 weeks by SHIELD alone, including our top scorer.
  • Unknown
    Options
    GuiltTrip wrote:
    Interesting Facts:

3 New alliances in the top 10 (24 total in Top 100)

Highest new: Lost Legion at 4

Farthest Drop out of top 100: Fitted Kitchens who was 13th last season

Largest Climb (that is not new): SpotSpotGo (Up 79 Spots)

Scores from Season 1 and 2 from the breaks are down (although I should mention Season 1 was extended):
    Top 5 257642 230965
    Top 25 216864 192937
    Top 100 197320 170384

Most consistant Alliance not named "The X-Men": RBH who took 89th both times

Two things inflated the scores in Season 1: We had an extra event, and we had Kyip-gate.

I think the extra event was worth somewhere around 14k, and while any attempt to estimate the effects of Kyip-gate are an exercise in blindfolded dart-throwing, somewhere around 4k feels right.

That would mean that scores were actually down only about 5% from Season 1. It'll be very interesting to see if we take another step down in Season 3, or whether this is the new normal.
  • Unknown
    Options
    ZenBrillig wrote:
    That would mean that scores were actually down only about 5% from Season 1. It'll be very interesting to see if we take another step down in Season 3, or whether this is the new normal.

I guess it depends on how much alliance-shifting we have due to burnouts and what kind of weirdness happens with PVP bracketing.

In S1, I had to work my butt off to finish top 50 in a lot of events because the bracketing was changed to put a lot more of the competitive players in one place.

My S2 PVPs had significantly lower levels of competition by comparison, though I know there were still tough brackets out there because you'd have PVPs where the entire X-Men had 1300+.
  • Unknown
    Options
    still looking for 102-104!

First post edited.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Wow, Mikey, your Season 2 score is truly epic icon_eek.gif Kakko had more points but since they are impossible to even glimpse in the wild, it somehow cheapens their achievements for me. You, Mikey, I definitely glimpsed more than once icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Wow, Mikey, your Season 2 score is truly epic icon_eek.gif Kakko had more points but since they are impossible to even glimpse in the wild, it somehow cheapens their achievements for me. You, Mikey, I definitely glimpsed more than once icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thanks locked. I had a couple of silly PVP scores and was helping others in sim the last few days to get them up their brackets - so my score just kept drifting up. Oh and my friendly head-to-head with Slobofix who was in my season bracket gave me a little incentive too icon_lol.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:
    ZenBrillig wrote:

I guess it depends on how much alliance-shifting we have due to burnouts and what kind of weirdness happens with PVP bracketing.

In S1, I had to work my butt off to finish top 50 in a lot of events because the bracketing was changed to put a lot more of the competitive players in one place.

My S2 PVPs had significantly lower levels of competition by comparison, though I know there were still tough brackets out there because you'd have PVPs where the entire X-Men had 1300+.
    Yeah, not sure if they relaxed the gentle nudges, or burnout, or I'm just lucky, but season 2 was a lot more sane. 1k was enough to have a fair chance at staying top 10, not like in season 1, where some events it wouldn't even get top 25.

Also, while it didn't filter down quite as much as kyip gate, there was that 'check you connection' bug for a period in 2 tournaments where you could beat the easy MMR people at ridiculously low (300ish) points for full credit, but without the servers adjusting the point gains to your actual amount of points, so they were still giving ~25 points into the thousands. And also I don't think there were retaliations during that period too?
  • Unknown
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Everybody knows a roster can't be built with the ISO earned, even if you are mickeydollar.

There are plenty of long-time players on the forums who can put you straight on that one icon_rolleyes.gif

BTW I'm impressed that you can speak for "most people" and "everyone" in the same post, I only speak for myself I'm afraid icon_lol.gif

Anyway no more from me on the topic - until the next episode.....

This guy is the FBI Forum Bureau of Investigations he has read every tread and posted all facts and findings. How cab he speak for everyone? Well after going to people's homes and having them fill out a Census, then he gathers all the data and makes educated post of the forums. Well I'm not sure of this to be honest, but I think the only way to be able to speak for people would to do the following steps. Or option B open your mouth yet again, and look like a complete idiot. So arktos1971 since our bet about how many times you used the X-men's name in vain, and you owing me a dollar for each incidence my running to total is $187,124,129,657 and counting.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Just noticed that my season 2 results say there are 4999 players in the bracket and I don't see gbr33 in the top 10, which is where I think he finished. Could the devs have finally acted? Can anyone in the 10-20 range see if he is there?
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    102. Bunited 170165
    103. EmadaTeam 170055
    104. Extraordinary 169216
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just noticed that my season 2 results say there are 4999 players in the bracket and I don't see gbr33 in the top 10, which is where I think he finished. Could the devs have finally acted? Can anyone in the 10-20 range see if he is there?

Mine says 4999 as well.

Does your top 10 start with GIPSY_DANGER and end with earlofevil?
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:

Mine says 4999 as well.

No. I'm in the bracket that starts with me. icon_e_wink.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    In that case, they may have done a general housecleaning of a number of people.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Teke184 wrote:

Mine says 4999 as well.

No. I'm in the bracket that starts with me. icon_e_wink.gif
    Mine says 4998 now.
    Maybe devs are going through their backlogged tickets removing cheaters.
    Here's hoping we won't see Watercat again.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fellow alliance member showed me screenshots of his season 2 standing, and gbr33 was definitely removed from it.

Huzzah!
  • danikalil
    danikalil Posts: 502
    Options
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Thanks for doing that, I was kind of curious if there were any other alliances like mine that didn't try as hard this season.

59. Retribution 175673 (-47)
    62. Pax Romana 175341 (-39)
    63. ScarFighters 175112 (-54)
    64. Godlike 174846 (-43)
    80. MisfitRightIn 172271 (-60)
    83. Hubris 171988 (-54)
    84. Silver Surfers 171815 (-40)
    85. Dead Alliance 171813 (-70)

The burnout gang.

We did really suffer a lot from burnout. Our best scorer left right at the beginning of Season 2, and we have two commanders who don't play anymore and who so far CS haven't kicked out. Besides, many of us are having a terrible time with MMR.

We effectively managed top 100 with only 18 people. That's not too bad. It took a lot of effort from everyone to keep us there.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Just for info, Lost Legion is not a new alliance, all of us except one moved and rebuilt from BestHasArrived.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So my season 2 bracket shows 5000 players again now, after being down to 4998. I have no idea what's going on anymore.