Edit: Cleared.

Options
Good evening!

I recently received an invitation to join a guild, and whilst trying to do so, I received a message saying there is a problem with my account. Is this a bug going around? If anyone has some insight to share, I would greatly appreciate it!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    umm....last I heard long ago...your account may have been sandboxed...you would have to contact customer service if the problem is for any other reason...as far as I know...

Does it let you start your own alliance? Or can you just not join an alliance?
  • Unknown
    Options
    What is "Sandboxed"? I am unfamiliar with that term. And the problem occurs solely when trying to join an alliance, I am able to do everything else just fine.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do you get attacked in PVP by other teams?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Is your device "rooted" or "jailbroken" etc.?

Have you used programs that allow you to obtain HP or ISO from the store without spending any real money?

They know.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Stephen: Yes, but they stopped midway through the Loki event when I finally capped Thor. I thought people just didn't want to fight a 3* thor and Punisher. I know I skip teams like that, lol.

Ghast: Rooted, yes. And... you can do that?

I started but keep stopping, lol. I recently got back into it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was going to go with the benefit of the doubt approach, but knock on wood, the servers seemed to have been holding up pretty well the last couple of weeks.

Guess, it's true, no one notices until they stop working.
  • Unknown
    Options
    And to the getting free stuff, I would have all my guys capped if I did that, lol.
  • Unknown
    Options
    If attacks stopped and can't join an alliance, those are indications that you've been sandboxed.

The benevolent developers do not delete accounts that they suspect may have been altered (intentionally or unintentionally). They do what is called sandboxing. Sandboxed players get to playing but they are segregated from the other players. This means you cannot join/create an alliance and you do not get attacked.

You still get to win all the rewards you want. There is a thread somewhere concerning sandboxing.

If you believe this was a mistake, you can contact customer service. However, they will probably not respond before season 3 ends.

*Edit* The name of the thread: Confessions of a Self-Appointed Sandboxer.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Fascinating. Interesting decision on their part; I know I would simply ban players who did such. Hypothetically, would a player already in an alliance still stay there after becoming sandboxed?

And lol at the edited title.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That's the real name of the thread so you can search and read it.

My understanding (we would have to get weigh in from somone that has read more on it) is even if in an alliance, they would be automatically removed.

And of course there is a far worse punishment for outright cheaters.
  • Unknown
    Options
    That's the real name of the thread so you can search and read it.

My understanding (we would have to get weigh in from somone that has read more on it) is even if in an alliance, they would be automatically removed.

And of course there is a far worse punishment for outright cheaters.

So you're aware that Jozier dismembers them like Dexter?
  • Unknown
    Options
    That is eerily close to the punishment I had in mind as well.

I was thinking more like...cheaters make Jozier angry. You don't want to make Jozier angry.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Truth. I do clearly believe noone wants him angry.