CREATE a CHARACTER: Thorverinares

Options
Simple exercise. Lets see if we can come up with any type of consensus character build for a ideal R/Y/G ** character.

A few guidelines:
The character (Thorverinares) will be a maxed lvl ** (lvl 94 and 13 covers).
Will have the Health of Thor/Ares, so 5,340.
ONE ability from each of the source characters
Consider your build for a PVP team of "Oh Bee Dub" + lvl 60 loaner + Thorverinares
Give your preferred cover spread.

My build:
lvl 5 Thunder Strike. Really solid damage plus 9 green tiles for the ap ramp.
lvl 4 Onslaught. Its still a quick move at 6 ap for an early smack to the face, or can be a mid game bomb after a successful Thunder Strike.
lvl 4 Adamantium Slash for red . i love to have a few big bomb moves, and at 4 covers it still does really good damage.

Some of you may like the massive AOE damage of Call the Storm or the strike tiles from Feral Claws? Prefer the chunk damage of Sunder or the "True Healing" sustainability of Healing Factor? MAybe you like my ability set but want to twaek the cover ratios? Lets get some opinions and ideas on the ideal THORVERINARES!!!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Lvl 4 Rampage. Love me some AOE damage.
    Level 5 COTS. LOVE ME SOME AOE DAMAGE.
    Level 4 Sunder. Love me some... uh, Damage.

Nobody would want to fight that. Every time it hit 10 AP, BOOM massive nuke (and yes, Rampage is kind of a big deal).
  • Unknown
    Options
    I hated sunder at 4 covers. a 2 turn countdown felt way more likely to go off than a 3 turn one. and with healing the way it is now that tile is a good bit more valuable than it used to be. i like rampage, but it doesn't say nuke or me. i almost always use it without ares dropping below the double damage threshold.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lvl 4 Rampage. Love me some AOE damage.
    Level 5 COTS. LOVE ME SOME AOE DAMAGE.
    Level 4 Sunder. Love me some... uh, Damage.

Nobody would want to fight that. Every time it hit 10 AP, BOOM massive nuke (and yes, Rampage is kind of a big deal).

Doesn't qualify, said has to be one from each character. So if AOE obsessed, healing factor is the last one.

Pretty sure I agree with the OP's build. COTS is awesome, but when you have the periodic big HP opponents (like Hulk), you'll want Onslaught's versatility. Adamantium/COTS/Sunder is a close second.
  • OneenO
    OneenO Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    My build:
    lvl 5 Thunder Strike. Decent damage and generates greens for strike tiles
    lvl 5 Feral Claws. Strike tiles, Strike tiles, more Strike tiles.
    lvl 3 Rampage . Good AOE plus some extra damage from all the strike tiles.

I think this would be my ideal. I just love strike tiles especially if OBW is on my squad.
  • Unknown
    Options
    See, I just don't like Feral Claws. It's not enough damage and the strike tiles don't seem substantial enough. Plus you need lots of red AP as well. I especially can't shake the feeling that you'd be way better off with Thunder Strike + Onslaught, because being able to just straight nuke a 3* is fun.