*** Doctor Doom (Classic) ***

Comments

• Just leveled my Doom to max, just in time for his Simulator event. 2k punches each turn, pow pow dead. Brilliant!
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah lvl 148 doom is a beast. I've been running his with spidey and either ares or lazy Thor. I was going with spidey and hood but patch and Thor were hitting me too hard without the secondary tank character. Only having black for damage wasn't really working either.

I also ran some with punisher and his green is great if you can drop it before demons. Not quite as nice after. His red also speeds things up a little but doom rarely needs it once he is spooled up.
  • I'm getting good mileage pairing him with 2* Magneto & Spidey.

Mags purple is great for generating blues to fuel Spidey. Once you've got your stun down then Doom can use blues to create blacks.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    "Hey look, I'm relevant for the next 2.5 days!"
  • Isn't there already a doom thread? Feel like this thread should be locked.
  • Meto5000
    Meto5000 Posts: 583
    grimeon wrote:
    Isn't there already a doom thread? Feel like this thread should be locked.

Yep, looks like you're right - this was just the first one I found. Maybe a moderator moved it from another board.

Anyways, please lock thread - correct thread here: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=757
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whoa... Doom is in a tourney again.
  • Wouldn't Sentry's sacrifice + Doom demons be the most efficient punch? Too bad I don't have a max Sentry to test it out.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Toxicadam wrote:
    Wouldn't Sentry's sacrifice + Doom demons be the most efficient punch? Too bad I don't have a max Sentry to test it out.

Not sure, I know though that you want Doom at 5/5 as best build icon_lol.gif
  • icon_lol.gif

i didn't even notice that those posts were from months ago.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can someone confirm that a max level Doom now has over 10k health in LRs?
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Can someone confirm that a max level Doom now has over 10k health in LRs?
    I can confirm this is the case. In LR maxed Doom has 10678 health.
  • Soooooooooooooo, is the bad Doctor ever going to get a 3rd power? You know, maybe a defensive purple so he can be used in place of Spidernerf?
  • PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    muz1kman wrote:
    Soooooooooooooo, is the bad Doctor ever going to get a 3rd power? You know, maybe a defensive purple so he can be used in place of Spidernerf?

He'll probably get his 3rd around the same time as Rags & Loki.

So don't hold your breath.
  • Ethelka
    Ethelka Posts: 2
    That guy really need a 3rd power, coz hey, i usually fight the FF alone (and IW is a 4* character, HT a 3* one)!

Here what i thought about, using the Doom-bot trick DrD use so frequently:

Summon Doom bots - Black 12 AP
    Doctor Doom summons a cadre of Doom bots, replacing 2 basic Red tiles with Attack tiles.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Summons 3 Doom bots.
    Level 3: Summons 4 Doom bots.
    Level 4: Summons 5 Doom bots.
    Level 5: Summons 6 Doom bots.
    Max Level: 185 damage per Attack tile (1110 damage total)

Technopathic Strike - Blue 9 AP
    Doctor Doom lashes out with his sinister inventions, swaying the battle in his favor. Transforms 6 basic Blue tiles to Black tiles.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: Transforms 7 tiles.
    Level 3: Transforms 8 tiles.
    Level 4: Transforms 9 tiles.
    Level 5: Transforms all basic Blue tiles.

It'a a Doom bot! - Yellow? Passive
    (PASSIVE) Dr Doom's superior intelligence let him escape all situations alive, leaving behind him exploding Doom-bot(s) to confuse heroes. If Dr Doom's life is reduced to 0 and one Attack Tile is on the board, set Dr Doom's life to 20% of his max life. Additionnaly, when Attack Tile are matched by the enemy, deals X (low) damage.
    Level Upgrades
    Level 2: set life to 25% of max life. X damage on enemy match.
    Level 3: set life to 30% of max life. X damage on enemy match.
    Level 4: set life to 35% of max life. X damage on enemy match.
    Level 5: set life to 40% of max life. X damage on enemy match.
    Max Level: ?

Hard to say what low damage can be...

Any idea to make it a good power?

(sorry for the english!)
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man, it's been so long since Doom was depicted as a total Villain. To many times now where he just get caught up in things and Hickman's run really put him in a new light during the second half of that series. Hickman's set of Fantastic Four books from 570-611 to Future Foundation #1-23 had some of the best moments of Doom and the FF in any modern book.

A third power would be nice but I really couldn't come up with a unique skill that would fit with his current theme. All I know is that he just needs one. Stronger demons would always be a plus. A passive would be good but a 6AP Purple would be even better in my opinion.

Edit: It would also be nice if they also showed the damage on the skill in-game as well...
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    So, I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like if icon_doctordoom.png got a third power (which would need to be purpleflag.png because A. that's his match color already B. 3* needs good purples and C. purple usually=trickery, which is Doom's specialty) then a good team would be
    icon_doctordoom.png + icon_magneto.png + icon_punisher.png

Full active coverage, multiple good options in several colors, I dunno. Just seems good.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    One of The Gauntlet (finale) fights has Fury paired with 2 Shield troops. They passively generate purple for him. It makes him BONKERS powerful.

Why not give Doom a Doombots ability that puts down a yellow, or green Doombot tile that does Torch-like damage (uses black) and, if maxed, generates blue AP?
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    So, I don't know if it's just me, but it seems like if icon_doctordoom.png got a third power (which would need to be purpleflag.png because A. that's his match color already B. 3* needs good purples and C. purple usually=trickery, which is Doom's specialty) then a good team would be
    icon_doctordoom.png + icon_magneto.png + icon_punisher.png

Full active coverage, multiple good options in several colors, I dunno. Just seems good.
    I'd like to see icon_doctordoom.png get a third power, too (but greenflag.png because that's the color of his cloak/cape icon_razz.gif ). Oh, and for me, icon_doctordoom.png + icon_magneto.png + icon_loki.png should be a strong team also, when Loki gets his 3rd greenflag.png or yellowflag.png . I have hope still ...

In the thread for suggestions how to make "meh" characters better, I've read this idea
    Doom: new purple ability, Master Tactician: convert an increasing number of enemy special tiles (up to 5) into strike tiles. if no viable tiles exist, deals moderate damage to enemy team
    plus, from above
    ronin-san wrote:
    ... Doombot tile ...
    and it got me thinking about what would Doom say, if he heard that a punk like Daken can defeat Him by just brute-force spamming all the red tiles quicker? So, with that in mind, I'd suggest an ability like this one:

Doctor Doom:
    greenflag.png - Master Tactician - Green 9 AP
    Doom is always prepared to turn his enemies' strengths to weaknesses against Doom. Transform a random enemy Strike or Attack tile into a basic red tile. If there are no valid tiles, deploy a Doombot on a random purple tile to help by generating 2 AP in blacktile.png every 3 turns.
    Level Upgrades
      Level 2: Transforms 2 tiles. Level 3: Doombot also generates 2 AP in
    bluetile.png .
    Level 4: Transforms 3 tiles.
    Level 5: Doombot is deployed regardless of enemy special tiles.
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    That's pretty interesting for a third ability! It sorta reminds me of Moonstone's purpleflag.png though, in that you want there to be no special tiles because the other effect (damage for Moonstone, Doombot for Doom) is better, or have it at five.
    I see your reasoning for his third ability being green, but green is the best and most contested color in the game right now, while purple is completely underrepresented. Also, changing enemy tiles and generating AP is very representative of purple. I think the ability idea is quite cool though.