MPQ is a relationship...(analogy)

Options
Haven't played in 2 weeks at this point, but its because of phone/transfer/re-root issues more than giving up on the game. I don't think I've missed it for the most part though. It's like the high school sweethearts that know they have problems and are about to go to colleges in diff areas. Sure, they want to stay together...but should they? They talk about staying together, and they talk on the for...phone still but they also notice neither of them particularly miss the other(s company. plus, recently thier convo over the foru... ....phone recently have been rather boring. "Hi how are you" then some run of the mill of how the day went and then long pauses while each of them do other stuff on their computer. they don't break up more because they have so much invested in eachother than because they really want to stay together. and sure, she is still kinda hot but while some ppl get better looking going into thier 20s, she actually looks a bit worse than before.Not that you should talk thoughyou. not exactly a catch, she was lucky if you even considered paying for her meal. she knows she could do better still, your friends say you should dump her before you get attached again and you know overall she probably doesn't care one way or the other.

and then, how do you break up with her? I read on the news about this emeryt person going out with a murder/suicide or something, but that just seems wrong. its not like you hate her. heck, most of the stuff she did that annoyedyou were pretty trivial overall. Do you just not return her calls? Do you tell her and everyone else? For some reason an email just feels wrong, as does seeing her in person, 500 miles away, just to say goodbye. knowing her, you can probably stay friends...she might eve accept .you back later....but just like a bone a clean break might hurt more at first but its better than a long tentative fracture.

Then comes the real.reason you haven't already broken it off ten times before....you know .you will kinda miss her... and the single life can be hard sometimes between always looking for a new game...err..person and filling in your newly existant free time. Also, what if a newer ff is just as bad or worse? Your hs sweetie was a pretty good catch for you to be honest. she had her faults, sure, and it seems like she is really changing from the sweet shy girl in pink you knew your freshman year of high school too. yet, You still remember that time you were stuck in an airport @1 am and she was the only one who picked up the phone. You talked so long you had to find a charge just to keep talking. TSA messed with you and your horrible phone service provider billed you for roaming....but the point is she was there. Or the times where you were bored and just talked a Monday..."because". sometimes it really was the little things that made you like her...love her. Once you really thoughtthat was the case. was she the one? Everything seemed so perfect. The support from her, she was fun, she communicated. she was sleek she was shiek and she always made time for you (afterall, it was your choice to stay up till 3 am in order to get an A on your group project with her. can't blame her you wanted a good grade. maybe it would be nice if she was available at a better time...but its 5 pm somewhere right? And then...little changes started to happen and the fun times turned into "going to a museum neither of us wanted to go to about ancient cats" or "going to the same grocery store we went to 3 times that day already." Not to sound crass...but she does not put out like she used to. ISO and hp she used to give you have gone down in numbers a whole lot over time. Little more recently, and sure you "can't complain" ...but its not like it used to be. You could put it like this...if she had a new significant other, they wouldn't even know about the disparity...but you do...and you know something is different.

Maybe you give her too much leeway. the negative ways she has changed...its not just alienated you but her own friends too. sure, her best friends are still bff, but you can see it even in thier eyes sometimes that they know something is different and going more and more out of hand. Maybe they are just like you? They have been friends so long they just don't want to break it off, even if she can really be a tool. why are you bargaining though? You did that with your last gf in middle school? Remember what happened then? You went against your gut and stayed together just to find out she was kissing mark behind the basketball court...and then she became a vegetarian. remember that? Course you do. It's part of why you liked this girl so much...she was everything that middle school girl wasn't. easy going, not domineering, no chance of abstaining from meat (keep it clean ppl) and you really thought she was "different."

Maybe all women/girls are the same...no. no now you are just being jaded...jaded and you aren't even broken up yet nor are you sure you will be any time soon. "Anytime soon"...geez, that's the bedrock to build a foundation on. okay, enough. maybe you are just overthinking this. this is still working out okay. if you guys meet other ppl, then go from there. a tentative relationship then. sigh,you know yourself better than that. Your mom told you to "just get her something small" for mothers day and you bought her diamond earrings (on sale for $199 from the guy on 3rd street). "Taking it easy" isn't how you take your relationships. you get your brothers the best videogames and your girlfriend...well actually you don't buy her much of anything but you do a lot of things in "poor person" sort of ways (well, you aren't poor, its just money isn't always the answer. Who wants to buy themself a boyfriend/girlfriend anyway?). So maybe this wishy washyy stuff won't work.

well awesome....that's what we talk about when we say "back at square one" ...luckily it only took m about 30 sec in your head...err...did you say that all outloud over the phone? Babe? You there? ...*explosions, gunfire, "get to sa choppa" heh...she wasn't listening anyway. .... maybe that's part of the problem right there. you could say its.done right now and it wouldn't matter. This is probably the perfect time too. Or, maybe you'll wait a few weeks until the term ends and you can enjoy going to a tinykitty meowseum (snicker)...

I envy those who can just drop someone like a brick. I don't think I would be me if I was like that, I am a very "walk a mile in their shoes" person. What about you though? Can you dump the high school sweetheart? Will you? Should you? ....addicted to that love....CAN you?

Tl;dr ... the meme threads that way >>>>>>>

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Snikrot wrote:
    As it's an analogy, looks like I blocked her on FB, deleted her phone number and burned all the photos.

and now...
    Oh, sweet sweet bigamy times!

Actually, it was a murder suicide. think I mentioned it even lol. Was on the news and everything. Kinda sad. O wait, you are snickerbar, not emeryt (auto correct...but I kept it...lol)

Also, you are talking to some of her friends right now on her phone...using a different phone number.... ...from the grave? Sketchy lol. Is ghost bigamy a thing? Also, bigamy means multiple marriages doesn't it? ...Dang you move fast.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    LOL ....... LMAO

That was VERY well put. Very entertaining post, +1 man. Perfect description of the love/hate relationship with this game.

JJ