150HP Covers: % Odds of pulling Rare/Legendary covers?

Options
Hi there! Great game with lots of potential.

Questions from someone who is considering purchasing Hero Points:

1) What are the actual, numerical odds of getting a 2-star, 3-star, or 4-star cover from the 150 Hero Point pool?
2) Are said odds augmented at all if the account has made a purchase / spent X# of hours playing?

I ask because I've reset the game and run through the H.A.M.M.E.R. map probably close to 60 times now trying to get the 4-star Wolverine without success...and am wondering if I’m just wasting my time at this point. So far I've pulled almost exclusively 2-star Bullseye/Bag Man/Daken/Thor, followed by 2-star Magneto (~3 times), followed by the 3-star Spiderman (~2 times- the useless blue cover, of course), followed by Ragnarok and Classic Magneto (both once).

Thus, it's become apparent to me that the 150HP random covers aren't all that random- i.e., the odds appear to be heavily weighted. Which I agree they should be to a certain extent, I’m just wondering to extent exactly.

E.g., to get 4-star Wolverine, am I looking at odds of 1/100, 1/1,000, 1/10,000, or are we talking more-likely-to-be-struck-simultaneously-by-a-bolt-of-lightning-and-a-meteor-while-holding-a-winning-Powerball-ticket odds here?

Hero Points being as expensive as they are (especially considering that they are required for training 3 & 4-star characters [BOO to that, btw], I really would like to know what to reasonably expect in return for my dollars.

Thanks!

Comments

• Maybe I'm just reading your message incorrectly or perhaps I was dropped on my head one too many times as a child but I'm not understanding what you mean by:
    I ask because I've reset the game and run through the H.A.M.M.E.R. map probably close to 60 times now trying to get the 4-star Wolverine without success
    ?
    There is no 4 star Wolverine to be won on the H.A.M.M.E.R. map (you're talking the very first map, i.e. the tutorial map, right? That's the only H.A.M.M.E.R. map I see) or am I missing something?
  • Apologies for any confusion-

What I’ve done upwards of 60 times is run through the tutorial / H.A.M.M.E.R. map to get enough HP to make a single 150HP cover purchase (which requires that you get both 50HP rewards from the 4th battle on the NON-Dr. Doom path b/c you’re forced into purchasing a Hawkeye cover after earning the 1st 50HP reward [BOO to that as well, btw]), then Cleared the App’s data and started over from scratch.

My goal is to wait for a 4-star Wolvie cover before I associate my app with my FB account, register a PvP name, and begin making HP purchases.
  • BigChris wrote:
    Apologies for any confusion-

What I’ve done upwards of 60 times is run through the tutorial / H.A.M.M.E.R. map to get enough HP to make a single 150HP cover purchase (which requires that you get both 50HP rewards from the 4th battle on the NON-Dr. Doom path b/c you’re forced into purchasing a Hawkeye cover after earning the 1st 50HP reward [BOO to that as well, btw]), then Cleared the App’s data and started over from scratch.

My goal is to wait for a 4-star Wolvie cover before I associate my app with my FB account, register a PvP name, and begin making HP purchases.

Ah ok, that makes more sense; thanks for clearing that up for me. Also, I didn't know you could keep the HP if you cleared the app's data but its too late for me since I already associated my FB account and have invested a lot of time in my covers. icon_e_smile.gif
  • You don't keep anything- you start ALL over, lose all progress, and all covers.

It's the equivalent of completely reinstalling the game.
  • Oh so you collect the 150 HP and then try for the cover; if you don't get it you clear the app and start over. That sounds like a lot of work so I can understand why you'd want to know the drop chance.
  • Got my Loki that way....stopped at the first 3* I got.....next time I shud check wether it actually qualifies to still be a rare card.....
  • Got my Loki that way....stopped at the first 3* I got.....next time I shud check wether it actually qualifies to still be a rare card.....
  • You'll get mostly the 2 star magneto and 2 star Spider Man (Bag Man)

I did pull an X-Force Wolverine, but I think the chances are pretty slim, maybe less than 1 in 100, I just got lucky. Even if you DO get one, it's pretty much useless unless you can spend hero points to level up the skill you get, then there's also the problem of getting the other 2 skills.
  • Have Classic Magneto (blue) right now....his ability* is freakin powerful for PvE, and pretty awesome for PvP as well considering that you can set up T-shapes and 4,5,6 of-a-kind rows if the conditions are right.

*(transforming any 2 tiles into Blue Protect tiles...perfect for those "you lose after 4 rounds- lol" tiles)

Debating on whether or not to move on....

I need more data on what abilities the other rare chars possess.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    I did pull an X-Force Wolverine
    Oooooh....Would you please post a description of his abilities?

Also- do you recall where his stats started at lvl 1?
  • From my experience, chances of pulling a 3* card is about 10%.

And yes, dont get too fixated about getting x-force wolvie if you aren't willing to spend money to level him up.

I spend 1500 for black widow cover only to get the same skill. I made dumb mistake to use the cover to train.

So if you guys got 3* cards, level the abilities first using HP (from 50, increment by 25 each level) until the cost of leveling up is about 500HP, then use the cover.
  • X-Force Wolverine Lvl 1 Stats: (Mine is still lvl 1 because I don't have the other covers and don't have the HP to lvl his skill)

HP: 1360
    Yellow: 12
    Green: 15
    Red: 14
    Purple: 5
    Blue: 5
    Black: 4
    Crit: 4x
    Environment: 3

X-force (Green)
    Power Cost: 15
    Wolverine Shreds, creating a 3x3 X-shaped pattern of Strike tiles centered on the selected tile's location. Only transforms basic color tiles.
    At lvl 5: 5x5 Slash

Enraged Slash (Red)
    Power Cost: 15
    Wolverine slashes the enemy, dealing 340 to the current target and shredding the selected tile's row.
    At lvl 5: +25% damage
    Next level (gains some damage each level): +3% damage

Recovery (Yellow)
    Power Cost:10
    Wolverine's healing ability kicks in. Creates a 5 turn Countdown tile that heals 340 damage, and another 34 for every yellow AP
    At lvl 5: Reduces countdown to 3 turns.

Overall, he has some pretty underwhelming skills. The only good skill IMO is his red one. Other than that, the only thing he has going for him is his high attack values and high HP, but he's pretty useless at low lvls.

and @Pucco, Rares all cost less than 500 per level to level their skills, it only costs 500 for the last (20th) level