The Hunt

1313233343537»

Comments

  • In my experience this system rewarded consistency, but only to those that did their missions at the end of the allotted time.

    It also rewarded those who couldn't play as often, because those people were able to win sub-missions with huge point totals and capture HP prizes.


    So, I guess if you didn't fall in to those two groups. You might feel slighted. But you shouldn't because over the course of his event, 10s of thousands of ISO's, hundreds of Hero Points, and quite a number of standard and heroic pulls were doled out. It's been the most generous event by far.
  • I'm not gonna lie, for the life of me I still don't get how the recharging worked. I grinded my Savage Land missions down to 0 last night, thinking I could wake up this morning and they'd be recharged. Instead I woke up to find all my missions were worth 0, and I just had to spend the next few hours watching people pass me.
    Why didn't the points recharge?
  • Twanbon wrote:
    I'm not gonna lie, for the life of me I still don't get how the recharging worked. I grinded my Savage Land missions down to 0 last night, thinking I could wake up this morning and they'd be recharged. Instead I woke up to find all my missions were worth 0, and I just had to spend the next few hours watching people pass me.
    Why didn't the points recharge?
    There was no recharge system in place.
  • Mostly skimmed the last 10 pages of this thread, but one thing people seemed to forget is that the last Savage Land was... the last. There were no other sub-missions open for people to be getting points in and make rubber banding kick in.

    I suspect that's at least some small part of all this. I do think that the overall system was seriously chaotic; I did manage to get a couple of Punisher covers, but I'd already resigned myself to possibly not getting them simply because of the randomness.

    I never finished higher than the 50 HP reward in a sub-bracket (only once), but never lower than top 400 (minimum to get a Heroic token). I never ground the point value on a mission to zero -- there was simply too many other things going on (Bad is Good, Lightning Rounds, Doctor is In) to take that kind of time for me, plus I think I was using bad tactics on some of the missions making them harder for me than they should have been (I got full wiped by L230 missions more times than I want to count). Mostly I just tried to get the 500 ISO and token rewards on repeatables (and 50 HP in Savage) and be done with it.
  • Woke up and got all 3 covers of the Punisher, yay!
  • there actually was a recharge system if you couldnt get anymore points from a mission....its 12 hours, im surprised no one noticed this...it just isnt worth doing until the final day cause of the rubber banding
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't get people saying they got nothing from the event, playing most or all of the subs would have gotten you what, 60+ standard tokens, probably 5-10 heroics, and a few tens of thousands in iso. For pretty minimal effort.

    Ending up with *not Punisher* is not the same as ending up with nothing.
    I have to agree. I thought I was getting Punisher, I didn't -- but I got red/green Rags, yellow Hood, purple Classic Magneto, and black Original Widow (all new to me); maxed out powers and added ~45 levels to Modern Hawkeye; added ~15 levels to Grey Widow, added ~7 levels to Thor, and got to kill Bullseye with Devil Freakin' Dinosaur about a dozen times.

    I'm a little disappointed, but I still made out like a bandit.
  • SpoitSpoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Grazzt wrote:
    Woke up and got all 3 covers of the Punisher, yay!
    Seriously? what kind of bracket were you in icon_rolleyes.gif
  • DayvDayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Spoit wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:
    Woke up and got all 3 covers of the Punisher, yay!
    Seriously? what kind of bracket were you in icon_rolleyes.gif
    Well someone *had* to.
  • I was in the top 10 and usually 1st for the entire tourney. The only time Id drop was when I slept, but played in about 12 hour cycles. Thats when most of the repeatables reset it seemed. Finished first without much trouble with about 41k points. I didnt notice many forum goers in my bracket icon_e_sad.gif
  • Nephilim3 wrote:
    I was in the top 10 and usually 1st for the entire tourney. The only time Id drop was when I slept, but played in about 12 hour cycles. Thats when most of the repeatables reset it seemed. Finished first without much trouble with about 41k points. I didnt notice many forum goers in my bracket icon_e_sad.gif
    Yeah, the spread among brackets is usually pretty strong. I doubt 41k placed top 100 in my bracket. Maybe not even top 150.
  • Nephilim3 wrote:
    I was in the top 10 and usually 1st for the entire tourney. The only time Id drop was when I slept, but played in about 12 hour cycles. Thats when most of the repeatables reset it seemed. Finished first without much trouble with about 41k points. I didnt notice many forum goers in my bracket icon_e_sad.gif

    Yea same here. I finished with I want to say around 45K. Top spot.
  • Went to sleep with 4 hrs. to go. Was at 2nd at the time. Woke to find that I dropped to the 100 range. Ah well, at least I maxed my wolverine covers now.
  • Spoit wrote:
    Grazzt wrote:
    Woke up and got all 3 covers of the Punisher, yay!
    Seriously? what kind of bracket were you in icon_rolleyes.gif

    I was #1 with 300 points ahead when I went to bed, that was 2 hours before the event ended.
  • With my bracket you needed about 53K to even make the top 200.
Sign In or Register to comment.