If we all agree as a whole...

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    Don't you think you are exaggerating? With health packs you can play a lot longer than 30 minutes in general. Not only that, this promotes people to level their characters evenly so they have multiple teams to use rather than one super team that they power level to reach end game.

It sounds like your problem is tanking, not healing. I agree, tanking needs to be fixed. Healing should not have ever been used as a crutch to fix the very real MMR problem.

All this heal nerf means is that everyone has to play less for the same amount of points. I don't understand why everyone is scared to have to play less for the same rewards.

If you have only got, say, 2x141 heroes who aren't forming an optimal combo and MMR has you against nothing but 141s then 30 mins is perfectly believable.

His problem is lack of tanking, not tanking. Remove tanking and everyone is in his position.

You don't get the same amount of points. Where do you even get that from? It's in no way correct. Play less = less points unless we're going to be offered +50 point wins every fight now and I missed the announcement..... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    All this heal nerf means is that everyone has to play less for the same amount of points. I don't understand why everyone is scared to have to play less for the same rewards.

Because there are people who dont WANT to play less. My girlfriend, for example, enjoys playing for long periods of time. But with the change, it forces her to not be able to do that. I don't understand why a company would want to make you be on their game less instead of more.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Good luck. Y'all can't even get together and put posts in one thread. How many threads is this now?
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    My level 100+ roster is as follows:

Level 141:

Patch
    Punisher
    Lazy Cap
    CMags
    Spidey

At about level 120:

Psylocke
    Hulk
    Iron Man
    Human Torch

With these guys going, I rarely face less than another all 141 team. All it takes is one Lazy Thor Call the Storm to ruin my entire experience and that's all I seem to face. I can hit the skip button 20 times and the same 5 maxed out rosters appear in my queue. All with Lazy Thors and Hulk plus whatever other maxed character they are forced to use.

Dauthi, I'm guessing you are NOT in the same boat as me in this regard or you would totally understand that 5 health packs is nothing at this level. I'm lucky to escape each battle at half health which means without healing, I'm probably not winning the next. So when you look at it like that, 30 minutes is not an exaggeration

As far as tanking goes, I've never done it and from what I understand these days it's not as effective as before.

So your big solution is I should play less or pay up to play which by no means is pay to win since every battle I face is a crapshoot anyway.

I made this thread for people who agree on the topic almost to act like a petition. Not to get into a discussion with someone who sounds like a shill for what the devs are selling
  • KillStormFirst
    KillStormFirst Posts: 140 Tile Toppler
    Options
    SIGNED.

WHAT KIND OF MONSTER AT THE D3 BOARD MEETING SAID "My fellow thieves, we have nerfed many things during our "Dark Reign" (everybody laughs) but there's still one last loose end to tie up... NERF HOT DOG STAND!(everybody claps) ...Good"

I too am not going to pay a dime for anything, my in-game currency that's be attained strictly by playing the game will only go towards beefing up my roster. Nothing going towards boosts, health-packs, shields or anything. Never again will I use actual money on this game for any reason whatsoever at any time. It's getting out of hand and is border-line Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices. I'm still on the fence if I really want to even continue after this. icon_mad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Signed.

They are seriously screwing up newcomers!
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2014
    Options
    bonfire01 wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:
    Don't you think you are exaggerating? With health packs you can play a lot longer than 30 minutes in general. Not only that, this promotes people to level their characters evenly so they have multiple teams to use rather than one super team that they power level to reach end game.

It sounds like your problem is tanking, not healing. I agree, tanking needs to be fixed. Healing should not have ever been used as a crutch to fix the very real MMR problem.

If you have only got, say, 2x141 heroes who aren't forming an optimal combo and MMR has you against nothing but 141s then 30 mins is perfectly believable.

His problem is lack of tanking, not tanking. Remove tanking and everyone is in his position.

Not tanking the verb, tanking the subject. The mechanics of it need to be fixed.

You don't get the same amount of points. Where do you even get that from? It's in no way correct. Play less = less points unless we're going to be offered +50 point wins every fight now and I missed the announcement..... icon_rolleyes.gif

That's a given. I am saying everyone is limited to how much they can play now.
    Breakking wrote:
    Dauthi, I'm guessing you are NOT in the same boat as me in this regard or you would totally understand that 5 health packs is nothing at this level. I'm lucky to escape each battle at half health which means without healing, I'm probably not winning the next. So when you look at it like that, 30 minutes is not an exaggeration.

Right, I have 0 141s and 7 100+. After tanking I end up fighting level 10 - 50 teams until around 600 points then level 85 teams around 700+. I might see 141s once I hit the 1k ceiling.

As far as tanking goes, I've never done it and from what I understand these days it's not as effective as before.

So your big solution is I should play less or pay up to play which by no means is pay to win since every battle I face is a crapshoot anyway.

I made this thread for people who agree on the topic almost to act like a petition. Not to get into a discussion with someone who sounds like a shill for what the devs are selling

I find it interesting you wanted to play the healing metagame but not the most important and easier one, tanking.
  • Unknown
    Options
    SIGNED.

WHAT KIND OF MONSTER AT THE D3 BOARD MEETING SAID "My fellow thieves, we have nerfed many things during our "Dark Reign" (everybody laughs) but there's still one last loose end to tie up... NERF HOT DOG STAND!(everybody claps) ...Good"

I too am not going to pay a dime for anything, my in-game currency that's be attained strictly by playing the game will only go towards beefing up my roster. Nothing going towards boosts, health-packs, shields or anything. Never again will I use actual money on this game for any reason whatsoever at any time. It's getting out of hand and is border-line Unfair and Deceptive Acts and Practices. I'm still on the fence if I really want to even continue after this. icon_mad.gif

I'm actually glad they did hot dog stand too. Some crazy people would try to prologue heal via hotdogs, and I'm ok with saving them from themselves
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Only by walking in different directions can we show how well we can march together!
    Only by saying different things at different times can we show how well we can speak with one voice!
    Only by putting our own threads before all others at all costs can we illustrate how well we work as well-organized team!
    Only by upvoting and downvoting the same person en masse can we show that we feel really strongly about a topic in one direction or the other!
    Only by completely ignoring and misunderstanding what our brethren have said can we show how well we understand and respect our new brotherhood!
    Only by fracturing into a gazillion ambiguously titled threads can we show our true unity and willingness to stick together, no matter what they do to us!

Yes! Together, we can fall apart! We can all get on our soapboxes and scream different things! By ripping apart all the threads of a cloth, we can show how seamlessly it might have gone together!

Or, alternately, we can stick to a few existing threads, read the available posts, and upvote the really good ones. Posts that go green can be added to the great posts compendium, which does get attention.
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    @Dauthi,

I think at this point it's fairly obvious that you don't or never prologue heal. Maybe you don't have a Spidey or OBW to properly do it or whatever. You also fully admit to abusing the tanking system(which I'm sure will be punished in the near future too). In my opinion then, you use your own little workaround the game to get your play in.

Because of this, I don't really find your opinion on this matter very valid because it obviously doesn't directly effect you. Stop tanking and come join the big boys on the playground and see how much game play time you'll actually get now. I'm sure it's real easy to beat up on those 1 star rosters with your level 100 characters. I played the game a different way and went for a real challenge with every match and I know I'm not alone in that camp.

When they find a way to properly deal with tankers and you then have to face teams of your own level every match, maybe then you'll appreciate how much damage the devs have done to the rest of the players
  • Dauthi
    Options
    Breakking wrote:
    @Dauthi,

I think at this point it's fairly obvious that you don't or never prologue heal. Maybe you don't have a Spidey or OBW to properly do it or whatever. You also fully admit to abusing the tanking system(which I'm sure will be punished in the near future too). In my opinion then, you use your own little workaround the game to get your play in.

Oh, so that is why? Tanking is not an exploit, it is common knowledge and has been noted so by the developers. The reason is because of what you are currently facing. MMR is broken.

I have a maxed cover Spidey and OBW. I don't prologue heal because I only like to play for an hour here and there through the day.

Because of this, I don't really find your opinion on this matter very valid because it obviously doesn't directly effect you. Stop tanking and come join the big boys on the playground and see how much game play time you'll actually get now. I'm sure it's real easy to beat up on those 1 star rosters with your level 100 characters. I played the game a different way and went for a real challenge with every match and I know I'm not alone in that camp.

Actually it is the other way around, what do you think the top players are doing?

When they find a way to properly deal with tankers and you then have to face teams of your own level every match, maybe then you'll appreciate how much damage the devs have done to the rest of the players

They can't stop tanking until they put a max on how far your opponents scale due to MMR. It isn't a problem, but a solution to a problem they have yet to fix. I strongly oppose the tanking system despite using it, but it is what it is if you want to progress.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What bothers me most in this whole situation is how they seem to have time to create huge changes (that almost no one wants), new characters and all that. But no time at all to properly fix a sunder bug, crashes, server lag, shield lag and all those little things that we constantly report.

I found hilarious and depressing when IceX said that had to choose between fixing little things and fixing big things. They just keep pushing more and more covers and changes, and more and more bugs are made, to a point where there's so many that you don't got the time to fix it all?! At this pace this game will just start crashing everywhere very soon and get tossed away. You already can see how poor is their coding, every time they release a new R## something already "fixed" gets broken again, sunder's case is even worse, they just said it was fixed but in fact wasn't.

So, it's pretty obvious that they don't see a future for this game, all they want is to push as fast as possible and make us spend as much as they can before the game gets unplayable and they start something new. It was released in Oct/2013, do you REALLY see this game surviving one more year?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Bye folks, it was great while it lasted.

So long and take care!
    Breakking wrote:
    NOT to buy another thing from MPQ until/unless The devs make some kind of positive change to "True Healing" maybe we can actually affect some change. A lot of us on these forums have been playing since Day One or pretty close it. I have a feeling that more forum users have made or still make in game purchases way more often than the casual non-forum user.

If we can all agree as a collective group not to continue to fund a group of devs that constantly just try to milk us for more money and nothing else then change can happen.

I have been playing MPQ since Day One and have experienced every single tweak and/or major change. Some were great(needing only 10 covers instead of 50!), some necessary(Rags and Thorverine nerf), some obvious money grabs but still not bad(Shields!) and now we have this....the single biggest 'We don't care one bit about our veteran players' change.

I had spent months earning my Spidey covers to max him out. I have spent over $100 on this game in those months. I never felt this game was Pay-to-Win but I didn't mind spending some my own hard earned money to 100% support a game that I absolutely loved in the hopes that my money would help continue to make the game better and better. In many ways the game has positively evolved, I love the alliance system and the almost constant content. By having my Spidey that I worked very hard for, I was able to enjoy this content and be as active as I wanted to be on any given day. Some days I might only get 30 minutes in and some I could play for 8+ hours but I had earned that right.

You have now effectively taken that away from all of us who were incredibly dedicated to this game with the most obvious money grabbing move I had seen here yet. Why not just ask us all for $2 each to play the game? You have made your money off of me(most recently a $20 HP purchase last week) and now you do what you can to make my gaming experience a bad one? I don't get it.

I will not spend another penny of my own money until something gives here and I urge all of you to do the same.

Please comment below if you agree in any way with what I have said. Maybe if this thread gets large enough, someone will hear our voices

Thank you,

Breakking
  • Raekwen
    Raekwen Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    Oh, so that is why? Tanking is not an exploit, it is common knowledge and has been noted so by the developers. The reason is because of what you are currently facing. MMR is broken.

I have a maxed cover Spidey and OBW. I don't prologue heal because I only like to play for an hour here and there through the day.

So great, it works for you because it brings everyone to the same playing field as you, forced to only play a few hours a day. It screws the people who have the game and used it as a longer source of entertainment. Good for you.
  • Dauthi
    edited June 2014
    Options
    raek13 wrote:
    Dauthi wrote:

So great, it works for you because it brings everyone to the same playing field as you, forced to only play a few hours a day. It screws the people who have the game and used it as a longer source of entertainment. Good for you.

I am still here since the beginning because it isn't my only source of entertainment. I can only imagine the burnout that happens in the top 10 alliances due to over-playing. X-Men (all of them) must burn through players like none other. I have to recruit new members fairly consistently due to it, and I run a more casual top 100 alliance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry to break the bad news. They made the change right before the end of a heroic pve with a new character. The only thing Iknow ffor certain is that they made a fortune today on health packs....
  • Dauthi
    Options
    Sorry to break the bad news. They made the change right before the end of a heroic pve with a new character. The only thing Iknow ffor certain is that they made a fortune today on health packs....

Really? I had only tried to heal towards the end for the long haul. Being uninformed of the update can be just as devastating it seems.