If we all agree as a whole...

Options
Breakking
Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
NOT to buy another thing from MPQ until/unless The devs make some kind of positive change to "True Healing" maybe we can actually affect some change. A lot of us on these forums have been playing since Day One or pretty close it. I have a feeling that more forum users have made or still make in game purchases way more often than the casual non-forum user.

If we can all agree as a collective group not to continue to fund a group of devs that constantly just try to milk us for more money and nothing else then change can happen.

I have been playing MPQ since Day One and have experienced every single tweak and/or major change. Some were great(needing only 10 covers instead of 50!), some necessary(Rags and Thorverine nerf), some obvious money grabs but still not bad(Shields!) and now we have this....the single biggest 'We don't care one bit about our veteran players' change.

I had spent months earning my Spidey covers to max him out. I have spent over $100 on this game in those months. I never felt this game was Pay-to-Win but I didn't mind spending some my own hard earned money to 100% support a game that I absolutely loved in the hopes that my money would help continue to make the game better and better. In many ways the game has positively evolved, I love the alliance system and the almost constant content. By having my Spidey that I worked very hard for, I was able to enjoy this content and be as active as I wanted to be on any given day. Some days I might only get 30 minutes in and some I could play for 8+ hours but I had earned that right.

You have now effectively taken that away from all of us who were incredibly dedicated to this game with the most obvious money grabbing move I had seen here yet. Why not just ask us all for $2 each to play the game? You have made your money off of me(most recently a $20 HP purchase last week) and now you do what you can to make my gaming experience a bad one? I don't get it.

I will not spend another penny of my own money until something gives here and I urge all of you to do the same.

Please comment below if you agree in any way with what I have said. Maybe if this thread gets large enough, someone will hear our voices

Thank you,

Breakking

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Signed.

If the developers are adament on ruining the game, let's send them a message in the only language they very apparantly speak and understand: money.
    Not spending another dime, even if it costs me awarded 3* covers because I've run out of cover slots. It's going to be a matter of principle now.
  • MisanOne
    MisanOne Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Agree. Not spending another penny on this game.
  • Unknown
    Options
    MisanOne wrote:
    Agree. Not spending another penny on this game.

Former supporter, now a free player.

I made that decision with the Spiderman nerf. I'm only about day 150 in game, finally spent on covers. Spiderman was perfect for my lineup (I had no idea how great he was, just seemed like he would be). Three days after I buy him, he is massively nerfed. I wrote to MPQ support asking for my in game currency back so I could change the selected covers, obviously I would not have bought those if I had known he was going to suck a few days later. They said no.

At that point I contacted googleplay to request mitigation, and they provided it. I sent them the changes posted to the item, my communication with support, and they agreed that it was pretty *tinykitty* of D3 and gave me a refund.

I was slowly starting to regain some amount of trust for them, then this. No chance of a penny.
  • Raezen
    Raezen Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Signed.

Wish they made this change before I picked up some HP during the bonus days. Could have spent that money on the Steam sale and actually enjoyed myself.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Raezen wrote:
    Signed.

Wish they made this change before I picked up some HP during the bonus days. Could have spent that money on the Steam sale and actually enjoyed myself.

Signed, ditto exactly to this sentiment.

Heading over to play a fun Marvel game - Lego! You know what happens when those Marvel characters die? They regenerate, and I can keep playing!
  • Unknown
    Options
    D3 will not have my money after this malicious update. Lets see if your gold\health packs sales really will rise up as you are expecting. I think not.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Players behaviour will probably change, and if it is to the bad, they will bring some better things to the system.

They too have invested (and still invest if they pay 38 devs) and I don't think they would like to see the game ending so quickly when they have signed a license with Marvel.

Have I missed something or the True Healing announcement did not mention the chars would heal faster (up to 2.5 for 4*) ?

So our threads had some influence.

They can't be deaf to a whole page of accusations and hundreds of posts. This would be suicidal.

Unfortunately for me, I have bought enough packs to level the next characters. And I am so hooked on the game I don't see myself pulling the plug. icon_redface.gif
  • billsrule7
    billsrule7 Posts: 46
    Options
    Agreed. I was all set to spend $20 during the sale last week, but decided to hold off mostly because developer communication has been so.... lacking.

Now I'm really glad I made that decision.
  • Unknown
    Options
    +1 to agree with this post.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Agreed and signed.

That said, unfortunately not enough players frequent the forums for this to change anything. I think its clear the game is being changed in an effort to make more money under the guise of "roster diversity" There is nothing I'd like more than to be wrong, because I've got a lot of enjoyment out of this game, but I dont think I am. I remember when this happened to Marvel: WOH too... very sad.

Once it all becomes about the cash, its too late. There's no going back.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I fully agree with the OP's sentiment but, depressingly, I think we might even see a slight uptick in spending as some people DO buy health packs because they convince themselves a few good placings through spending will somehow alleviate the need to do it in the future. It won't of course BUT if D3 look at their metrics and see increased sales they'll come to the conclusion the healing change is just fine and dandy. OFC if the spending then crashes later (which I suspect it will) they'll fail to make the connection and will make some other ridiculous change to try and milk us....
  • peanut_gallery
    peanut_gallery Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Agreed and signed. I was a causal player that invested some real cash to support a game I really enjoyed. Not another dime unless D3 reverses or 100% mitigates this update through some other mechanic.
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is the exact reason why I don't spend any money on online live games. They can change something in the game at anytime that totally ruins it. The money you have spend Is all for naught. At least it would be for me because I am done with this game now.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Breakking wrote:
    until/unless The devs make some kind of positive change to "True Healing"

Didn't we already get this in form of increased healing rates?
  • Unknown
    Options
    grimeon wrote:
    Breakking wrote:
    until/unless The devs make some kind of positive change to "True Healing"

Didn't we already get this in form of increased healing rates?
    Technically, yes it was a positive. Is it enough? Hell no
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Breakking wrote:
    I have a feeling that more forum users have made or still make in game purchases way more often than the casual non-forum user.

The opposite is actually true. You do realize how many players play the game and how many post on the forums? Not only that, forum goers gain the experience and knowledge to gain great prizes without having to spend much, if any, money.
    I have been playing MPQ since Day One and have experienced every single tweak and/or major change. Some were great(needing only 10 covers instead of 50!), some necessary(Rags and Thorverine nerf), some obvious money grabs but still not bad(Shields!) and now we have this....the single biggest 'We don't care one bit about our veteran players' change.

If they didn't care about their players they wouldn't have fixed OP charcters. Having OP characters drives sales. Shielding allows players to hold ranks they otherwise couldn't while forgoing offense. It also allows people to go to work or to sleep without losing all their hard earned points. How is this bad again? It's not like you can't still play without spending money, you just have to be available when events end.

By having my Spidey that I worked very hard for, I was able to enjoy this content and be as active as I wanted to be on any given day. Some days I might only get 30 minutes in and some I could play for 8+ hours but I had earned that right.

And on the 8 hour binge plays you force other players to play the boring metagame of consistently going to prologue and healing so they can compete with you.

There have been so many posts like this, however the developers will not bend knee even if you have been here since day 1. They will change the game to benefit everyone, not just a small privileged few who feel entitled.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    They will change the game to benefit everyone, not just a small privileged few who feel entitled.

Good. Then they can revert this ridiculous change and give Steam players back a fair chance to compete.
  • Vinmarc43
    Vinmarc43 Posts: 266
    Options
    I`m definitely not spending cash for Hpacks, or anything else for that matter but we should all stop playing regardless of our needs completely for say one week, boycott MPQ.
    I can`t see myself dividing my time to check if my hpacks have regenerated, come on D3, and who`s running that business anyway, should get fired and replaced by a bot, probably have more common sense........keeping my last comment to myself, thanks D3.
    By the way, I want my money back from last week....
  • Breakking
    Breakking Posts: 56 Match Maker
    Options
    Dauthi wrote:
    Breakking wrote:
    I have a feeling that more forum users have made or still make in game purchases way more often than the casual non-forum user.

The opposite is actually true. You do realize how many players play the game and how many post on the forums? Not only that, forum goers gain the experience and knowledge to gain great prizes without having to spend much, if any, money.

If they didn't care about their players they wouldn't have fixed OP charcters. Having OP characters drives sales. Shielding allows players to hold ranks they otherwise couldn't while forgoing offense. It also allows people to go to work or to sleep without losing all their hard earned points. How is this bad again? It's not like you can't still play without spending money, you just have to be available when events end.

By having my Spidey that I worked very hard for, I was able to enjoy this content and be as active as I wanted to be on any given day. Some days I might only get 30 minutes in and some I could play for 8+ hours but I had earned that right.

And on the 8 hour binge plays you force other players to play the boring metagame of consistently going to prologue and healing so they can compete with you.

There have been so many posts like this, however the developers will not bend knee even if you have been here since day 1. They will change the game to benefit everyone, not just a small privileged few who feel entitled.

I didn't used to use Spidey in prologue healing before he was nerfed. I used him in the PVE and PVP matches so I didn't have to prologue heal. When he was nerfed, I never said a peep on the forums or anywhere else. I just adjusted my play. Unfortunately, this meant prologue healing.

In reference to my 8 hour sessions, do you honestly feel that someone that plays 30 minutes a day should be able to compete with a player that wants to invest more time? Because the way it is set up now, unless you are buying health packs with your HP everyone will be limited to playing a couple hours a day maximum. Is that the level playing field you are striving for?

My current MMR is so ridiculously high that there are no easy PVP matches for me nor is PVE a walk in the park. I'm lucky to get 4-5 matches in before my health packs are gone. I have multiple level 141 characters so even with the increased healing speed, I still have to wait hours. Just so I can play another 4-5 matches which by the way lasts a whopping 30 minutes tops.

To address the OP characters thing, I completely and totally get that and even said so when saying that they were necessary changes.

The one thing I have spent my money on in this game is HP for shielding purposes. If I am playing in an event that has a reward that I want/need, I'll use a shield or two or three or more. I never had a problem with that because if I wanted to buy a cover directly, it would cost HP. I actually save HP and get to have the pleasure of ACTUALLY PLAYING by using shields for PVP reward purposes.

So many great and positive changes have occurred over the last 8 months that I hate to see one devastatingly bad knee jerk reaction change ruin everything that this community has.

If you want a level playing field where everybody can only play the same amount of time as everyone else then go back to little league ball where everybody gets a trophy and there are no losers. Some of us want to play like we always have without spending $10-20 a day to do it
  • Dauthi
    Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Breakking wrote:

In reference to my 8 hour sessions, do you honestly feel that someone that plays 30 minutes a day should be able to compete with a player that wants to invest more time? Because the way it is set up now, unless you are buying health packs with your HP everyone will be limited to playing a couple hours a day maximum. Is that the level playing field you are striving for?

Don't you think you are exaggerating? With health packs you can play a lot longer than 30 minutes in general. Not only that, this promotes people to level their characters evenly so they have multiple teams to use rather than one super team that they power level to reach end game.

My current MMR is so ridiculously high that there are no easy PVP matches for me nor is PVE a walk in the park. I'm lucky to get 4-5 matches in before my health packs are gone. I have multiple level 141 characters so even with the increased healing speed, I still have to wait hours. Just so I can play another 4-5 matches which by the way lasts a whopping 30 minutes tops.

It sounds like your problem is tanking, not healing. I agree, tanking needs to be fixed. Healing should not have ever been used as a crutch to fix the very real MMR problem.
    If you want a level playing field where everybody can only play the same amount of time as everyone else then go back to little league ball where everybody gets a trophy and there are no losers. Some of us want to play like we always have without spending $10-20 a day to do it

All this heal nerf means is that everyone has to play less for the same amount of points. I don't understand why everyone is scared to have to play less for the same rewards.