In addition to the "true healing" changes

Options
mjh
mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
edited June 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Did you know they changed the roster slot purchase for new players?

A friend of mine recently got his co-worker to start playing MPQ. He got into it and when he finally earned another character he was unable to simply buy ONE roster slot. They forced him to purchase THREE. Not a big deal as Hero Coins are plentiful at the beginning of the game. He continued on, built his characters some more and won more rewards and figured by now he would be able to purchase a single roster slot.

Nope. He was once again forced to purchase a 3 pack of roster slots or none. Needless to say he has not bought them yet. I have a hard time seeing this as anything else than D3 trying to force new players to purchase Hero Coins this early on in the game.

I really hate to come on here and post mostly negative things about the developers but they really give little reason not to with all these recent changes

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    This was changed a while back. 5/21.

http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=8041
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    I really hate to come on here and post mostly negative things about the developers but they really give little reason not to with all these recent changes
    Well, at least this time, your complaint actually somewhat makes sense. It's about a month late, but it's sensible, at least.

The official line is that roster slots got bundled because some players who were buying just enough HP for each successive slot were complaining about getting nickel-and-dimed.
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    The official line is that roster slots got bundled because some players who were buying just enough HP for each successive slot were complaining about getting nickel-and-dimed.

That is quite possibly the worst solution to that problem. Why wouldn't they just have the option to buy either 1 or 3?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    HailMary wrote:

That is quite possibly the worst solution to that problem. Why wouldn't they just have the option to buy either 1 or 3?
    I agree that that would be the obvious solution. I don't know why they didn't keep the single-slot purchase option, and simply add an additional bundle option.