Arena ending times

Please give european players the chance to stay top.

Right now i gues the arena deadline is at 5 or 6am every time...
So what i do right now is, try to get the highest possible points until midnight and hope that i will not get slaughtered when i go to bed.
But its the same every time... icon_e_sad.gif

The Avengers Arena was a good example. I was top10 the whole event i guess. Most of the time i was #1 or in the top3...
So i went to bed at rank 2 with 200 points over #10 and i got slaughtered the last few hours... i thought i would finish top10 maybe if things go bad top25... but i only finished top50...

This is soooo annoying. Pls do something about it icon_e_sad.gif

Comments

• coRexx wrote:
    Please give european players the chance to stay top.

Right now i gues the arena deadline is at 5 or 6am every time...
    So what i do right now is, try to get the highest possible points until midnight and hope that i will not get slaughtered when i go to bed.
    But its the same every time... icon_e_sad.gif

The Avengers Arena was a good example. I was top10 the whole event i guess. Most of the time i was #1 or in the top3...
    So i went to bed at rank 2 with 200 points over #10 and i got slaughtered the last few hours... i thought i would finish top10 maybe if things go bad top25... but i only finished top50...

This is soooo annoying. Pls do something about it icon_e_sad.gif

The ending time of the tournament isn't really the issue, the way rank and points are won/lost is the issue. You wouldn't have to worry about stuff like this if MPQ was using a better tournament ranking system. Week long tournaments shouldn't ignore those who compete actively in the first 118 hours and reward those who spam battles in the last 2. It's **** & I'm guessing it will change relatively soon as its a common complaint.
  • when i was brushing my teeths in the morning after the frustrating ending of the tournament i had the same idea.

#1 solution for me is:

take the average value of your points over the duration and we are fine.
    because activity should be rewarded and NOT the 3 hours activity before the arena ends.
  • CFacto
    CFacto Posts: 74 Match Maker
    I created an account just to request this change. It's impossible to get a decent ranking if you're based in Europe and like to sleep at even vaguely normal times!
  • I wish I didn't have to do that crazy rush during the last hour of every tournament. It's enough to give me a heart attack.

Like I mentioned in an earlier thread, the tourney should be a marathon rather than a sprint. In that way, end times will not affect anyone. At the moment, the current points system is more of the latter. I just want to put in some time everyday and see what ranking I get at the end.

In addition, you don't really want the whole world to log in during that last hour, causing massive load on the servers.

P.S. The Devs once mentioned the end time chosen was ideal for them to be around in case things happened, like the server overload during the 1 star tourney.
  • I got a solution for this:

Instead of set you back on the Rank every time you are hit with an attack to a lower level in the leaderboard, set a range lock of the Rank, so if you hit the, lets say, 16-50 Rank you'll stay there (to a minimum of 50) until the end of the tournament no matter how hard you are hit, so you'll get the reward you work so hard to get, if you want to get higher just keep playing.

I got the same problem of the the Arena ending time, got to Rank 8 (at 00:00am) next day I was at 19 or so (I'm form South America).

Hope this get fix, it's quite unfair to have a Free-To-Play game where the developers rewards only to 3 people IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!! The people, I guess, spend the most time and maybe money, I repeat "3 people IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!". How many player are enjoying and spending money in this game?? I think a lot, what do you think?
  • Maybe i have another solution...

So this is no real PVP event. Its some kind of asynchron offline event, so i guess nobody would care if the enemys you face are not from a real person.
    Maybe they can make a tournament where you face some easy opponents. And they stay the same until you beat them (in a single game, so they recover completely when you die).

When you beat them, you face the next stage - harder enemies, and so on... Maybe even some other enemies that you have to rethink your team/tactic while you rank up.
    So you can play whenever you want and your rank should be calculated with the stage you are curently at.

And if there are more players at the same stage, then the one with the fewest trys has the best rank.

This could also have some options like:

- you can not use buffs before the match
    - you can only use specific cards
    - and so on