Adjust rubber-banding (it's set to ludicrous)

Options
I like the idea, but it feels punishing since I'm on often during the day. I can't compete in the various hunts because of this. I can do the repeatables until they yield zero and not break top 50, while being number one in the overall event. I suspect rubber banding will boot me well out of the top 10 despite my grinding.

I suggest:
1.) Time constraint. I.e. after 10 hours you gain no more rubber band effect.
2.) Event restricted. Saving the rubber band effect to dominate particular hunts doesn't seem like an even playing field to more active players.
3.) Put a cap on the diminishing returns. Instead of going to zero pts, perhaps it can stop at 10% point yield.

Comments

• I assume everybody else is just enjoying not having to play and rocketing a couple thousand points while I'm fighting impossible fights for under 20?

:p
  • I think it's more that there have been dozens of other discussions and threads about this and many of us realize that it's still a work in progress.
  • To be honest, I really enjoy this implementation of rubberbanding and hope it will stay more or less unchanged. Finally I am not forced to grind every 2 hours if I want to get reasonable place.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Shikao wrote:
    To be honest, I really enjoy this implementation of rubberbanding and hope it will stay more or less unchanged. Finally I am not forced to grind every 2 hours if I want to get reasonable place.
    Maybe if there was a cap (both lower and upper) on the points. And/or it was explained better. But heavily penalizing people for actually playing seems pretty silly
  • How about a system where the mission rewards are dynamic? i.e. the less points you get for leaderboard the more ISO you get. So you have to decide whether you want to grind early for a nice source of ISO or play late and maximize leaderboard placing.

This simultaneously evens the playing field against Rags/Mags as being the #1 moneymakers during Lightning Rounds (yes I do realize Rags/Mags can still be used during many Hunt missions). It's nice to have options for those without these characters.
  • This situation of being all out of capability to earn points AT ALL for a competition is (in my opinion) ridiculousness. I understand narrowing the field and making it more difficult for players to gain points as they "use up" the higher values... so that repeatable matches suffer from diminishing returns. That is not an issue. However, leaving players with NO capability to maintain their rank is bordering on punishment. Having a scenario bottom out a value above zero would certainly be the logical choice... whether that be even 1-2 points for a situation on the Trivial level, and other situations higher depending on the difficulty.

I know that offering a situation as evidence is just that... one situation... however I watched myself, a player who topped in the 50 or higher for most (if not all) of the events in the Hunt manage to get to the top 6 in my bracket, only to lose position to (what I was able to see) 16th or less simply because I ran out of the capability to even earn a single point within 25 minutes of the event ending is a bit... unbalanced. Please give points to those willing to continue to play (as I was) and yes, please do make it more difficult for me to maintain my position at the top. Make me work for it. But don't punish me because I didn't wait to play 25 minutes later in order to keep my top 15 ranking. Please consider changing that aspect of the calculation at the very least... I understand having a need to have the fluxation of points be part of the game, lest ONLY those players who devote all day every day to the game will ever win. Just... give those players who did play a chance. Thanks for listening.
  • To help with that, I busted my ****, spent money, and stayed consistent. I had my #1 spot and then there was no points. The fact we spent our own money towards getting punisher and then This **** planing and system screws us. I sign this and I was spending a lot on this game but I won't spend a cent if they don't compensate us. Simple solution, give everyone all three punisher cards, no cost. That way for those who where cheated will get the punisher cards and those who already have them you can level them up... Fair for everyone..
  • Aeros wrote:
    This situation of being all out of capability to earn points AT ALL for a competition is (in my opinion) ridiculousness. I understand narrowing the field and making it more difficult for players to gain points as they "use up" the higher values... so that repeatable matches suffer from diminishing returns. That is not an issue. However, leaving players with NO capability to maintain their rank is bordering on punishment. Having a scenario bottom out a value above zero would certainly be the logical choice... whether that be even 1-2 points for a situation on the Trivial level, and other situations higher depending on the difficulty.

Well said, I agree. +1
  • What annoys me about the current set up is that it punished players such as myself who played the game outside of the last two hours or so. I played for about an hour and a half last night before going to bed, then set my alarm to wake me up two hours before the end so that I could maintain a decent rank amidst the endgame rush. But from my current understanding, if I had forgone that 90 minutes of play last night, I would have not only gotten a better night's rest, but I would have been able to earn more points this afternoon and actually get a good rank.

I understand why some people like the system - it allows people who don't play religiously to have a chance at the top prizes. But it's silly that the optimal strategy for a PVE event is to purposely not play as much. It's even more confusing that such a system is in a free to play game. You should WANT me to play more and should WANT me to spend money to buy health packs so I can do so. The last thing you should want is for me to find another game to play and spend money on while I wait for the optimal time in this game to strike.

There needs to be some sort of balance, where you can get high placement rewards without playing for hours a day without ruining the chances for those that choose to do so. I don't know what that scoring system is, but the current one certainly isn't it.
  • How about a system where the mission rewards are dynamic? i.e. the less points you get for leaderboard the more ISO you get. So you have to decide whether you want to grind early for a nice source of ISO or play late and maximize leaderboard

Interesting idea... I like it... icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To help with that, I busted my ****, spent money, and stayed consistent. I had my #1 spot and then there was no points. (...)
    The more often you post the exact same comment, the less anyone will care.