Alternatives To Healing Changes

Options
Okay, so i've been a bit vocal about my disgust with the proposed (read already decided on probably) healing changes and thought "well I should try to be constructive in between the hate". So here are my ideas for healing alternatives assuming the genuine aim is to remove prologue healing (I have strong suspicions that is a lie). I'm not adding to the IceX thread cause my hard thought out ideas would be swept away by the tide of righteous fury! icon_twisted.gif

In order of preference:

When it's done it's done!

So the easiest way (IMO) to limit prologue healing is to simply limit prologue access. What I would propose is as soon as all the rewards for a give node are give out to a player that node is locked out, in the same way a 1 use PvE node is. You can't make it total completion of the prologue because someone can just leave one node incomplete then heal on another one.

Advantages: Removes prologue healing immediately for a lot of players and after a handful of uses for others as they cap nodes.
Disadvantages: I personally never repeatedly hit prologue nodes for 20 ISO but some people might???

Refinement: The process of locking nodes only starts when you first play in a PvP event. You get a popup that says playing PvP will cause completed Prologue nodes to lock and confirm to continue. This lets people grind a bit longer if they feel they have to but they cannot abuse the prologue in PvP for any length of time.
It does mean ppl can prologue heal if they only ever play PvE but I would personally give them that icon_e_smile.gif.

Ease of implementation: There are functions in the game to lock nodes (PvE one use nodes) and give popups so should be easy to put in.

I'm not going in there! Do you think i'm a 1* icon_question.gif

Simply lock healing heroes out of the prologue. No more prologue healing!

Advantages: People can grind the prologue to their hearts content but can't heal in it
Disadvantages: A bit confusing to people who are not "in the know" that a hero can't be used.

Ease of implementation: Again very easy, despite IceX's ridiculous statement about having to update a list each time a healing hero comes out. There is a function to lock heroes out of an event (see heroics right now icon_e_smile.gif ) AND (his claim caused IceX to piss me off) THEY ALREADY ADD LOCKED OUT HEROES EVERY GOD DAMNED HEROIC!!!! They had to add Mohawk Storm to the banned list for this heroic and seem to have coped. The idea adding whatever unique identifier they use for heroes to a list for banned prologue healers is a hardship is total bollocks.

When i got here I was already as good as it gets!

This suggestion is to keep the delineation between temporary and true healing but change the mechanic. True healing heals as now. Temporary healing, on the other hand, simply can't raise a heroes health above its starting value. So a Patch on 50% health can get to full and keep it after a match but a Moonstone (dunno why icon_e_biggrin.gif ) at 50% gets knocked down to 25%, healed to full by OBW but will be at 50% again on leaving the fight (new system would have her at 25%).

Advantages: Prologue healing is over. You can't get above your starting health so get nothing out of being healed in prologue. Reduction in OBW's (and spidey/she hulk) healing effectiveness without completely gutting it (assuming you want that).
DisAdvantages: Reduction in OBW's (and spidey/she hulk) healing effectiveness without completely gutting it (assuming you don't want that) icon_lol.gif .

Ease of implementation: More work than the other 2 but no more work than what they have planned. So no difficulty based excuse for selecting one over the other.

So those are my suggestions. Personally think they are all a lot better than the proposed plans which I genuinely believe no remotely intelligent person can think are simply to "fix prologue healing". It is a massive healing nerf and massive hit to sustainable playing for a lot of people. Removing the prologue healing hurts some people, completely gimping in match healing hurts A LOT of people. I still firmly believe it's a cynical cash grab because I do NOT believe the Devs can be that dense not to see the overall impact of what they're doing.

My biggest concern is it causes ppl to ragequit (and it will, only question is how many) then even if they reverse or mitigate the change they'll not come back because they've found something else to do or simply don't know what further changes have been made. As the Devs like to say only a fraction of ppl come on the forum (although, as has been shown on SO many games, the forums are pretty representative).

Comments

• HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    I'm a big fan of the suggestion that any damage taken in a match is healed as soon as you win - the exception being any characters that get taken out. So they become revive potions rather than health packs.
  • Unknown
    Options
    A while back someone had a very good suggestion that I really liked as a solution. Split the health bars so There is a prologue health bar, maybe a pve event health bar and a pvp health bar. This means that they can heal all they want and all the health is sand boxed so I can't play a pvp event and heal in prologue because it would not affect the pvp health.
  • Unknown
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    I'm a big fan of the suggestion that any damage taken in a match is healed as soon as you win - the exception being any characters that get taken out. So they become revive potions rather than health packs.

I can see pros and cons to that but bottom line no point wishing for something that's never going to happen. They're going to increase health pack use from now and we want to ask them to reduce it instead? The best you could reasonably hope for is no change from current health pack needs IMO.

It's like we're eating a burger, they want to give us horse manure to eat instead and our counter offer is caviar icon_e_smile.gif
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    A while back someone had a very good suggestion that I really liked as a solution. Split the health bars so There is a prologue health bar, maybe a pve event health bar and a pvp health bar. This means that they can heal all they want and all the health is sand boxed so I can't play a pvp event and heal in prologue because it would not affect the pvp health.

^ This.

This is the only sane, most direct and least invasive fix if all the developers are interested in is truly to fix abuse of prologue healing.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I was thinking of healing before, with all the talk of possible OBW nerfs. I would like to see healing changed from group heal to single character heals. Make it slightly stronger or heal a %, but only heals the lowest % character in your team. Would make prologue healing less rewarding because it would be even more of a grind and would also make it harder to just "top off" your entire team before dealing the final blow. Would also make heals more effective on defense since a player is rarely going to split damage.

quick edit: this was thought up before "true healing" or whatever that is and ideally would replace it instead of being in addition too. With true healing it would be even worse because your team could spike lower with out group component.