Category-5 - Season III - June 18-21

Options
191011121315»

Comments

• reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    The lockout really sucks. This event is going to have a huge bearing on the season, not just because some players were locked out, but because other players scored so much higher than in any previous PVP. Since I know the Devs won't remove this event from the season score, I thought of one possible way of addressing the problem: give the players who were locked out the scores they obtained in the first PVP. Scores generally were higher this PVP, so it's not likely that someone who got 1000 in the previous PVP would have scored lower this time. In fact, the cure probably doesn't even give players as many points as they would have earned had they been free to play, but at least it's some way of raising scores and undoing some of the damage.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I wouldn't have thought it would be hard to look at player averages in past events.
    I however can't see the devs doing anything to rectify this.
    I hardly expect an kind of written apology (if they stay true to form) and at best they'll maybe put in an extra event -because that'll make a difference. icon_neutral.gif

They have shown change recently though which has been promising and I hope to be proven wrong. My expectations aren't high though. icon_cry.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    My expectations aren't high though. icon_cry.gif
    Working as intended
  • Twysta
    Options
    owl-laugh-hahaha-no.jpg
  • Unknown
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    They have shown change recently though which has been promising

HAHAHAHAHAHA when did that happen
  • Twysta
    Options
    They increased PvP rewards - albeit they broke the event to counter that.
    They gave people tokens for updating early.
    They gave people a pittance worth of HP and ISO for server issues, it wasn't much but it's better than nothing.

Hey, it's a start... and that's more than they did the previous 6 months before!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    They increased PvP rewards - albeit they broke the event to counter that.
    They gave people tokens for updating early.
    They gave people a pittance worth of HP and ISO for server issues, it wasn't much but it's better than nothing.

Hey, it's a start... and that's more than they did the previous 6 months before!

Yeah, I guess the extra HP and ISO and those two Bagface covers were a start. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Twysta
    Options
    Note, I did say promising, not up to standard icon_e_wink.gif
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    I believe a ton of us are in the same boat.
    Not only have we missed out on progression and placement rewards but this has most likely disrupted our chance of getting a top placing in season 3.

I was thinking about quitting after the end of season 2, I'm even more tempted now.
    However I still love my alliance(mates) and would have a hard time leaving them currently. I'm pretty cheesed off though and messaged CS in off chance that they would actually do me a favour (for a change) and maybe reimburse me for some of the things I've missed out on.

I nearly quit during season 2, but my alliance convinced me otherwise (good group of people). I'm having fun again (mostly), just gotta keep this event outta my head. Hope you decide to stick around as well.