Category-5 - Season III - June 18-21

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Nice last minute push noob!
    Way to push those late climbers out of top 5!
    icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Did the hamster die again?
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    game came back with about thirty minutes left. Managed to get up to top 10 tho. Shielded at the end just in time to avoid a 40 point defeat. Stupid game bugs.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    Patchneto don't work when the board has no green to take icon_e_sad.gif

I finally got the nine I needed to unleash hell (sitting on I think 22 red!) and OBW steals my lunch money so Punisher can Judge and molotov me again. I'll have to settle for a **** 60th place. Everyone was trying to keep up with Flo I guess...
  • bat_239
    bat_239 Posts: 48
    Options
    Just wondering, what is #100 alliance score nowadays?
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "Sweet, I'm in first! That guy in second has been shielded all night, he's probably European and sleeping. I got this! Oh balls! Pve! Ugh, guess I'll do the ISO nodes....Sweet got them done JUST in time"

Zero time left, go check pvp, I've been shield hopped

I hope you've enjoyed tonights installment of mpq theatre
  • tbighead21
    tbighead21 Posts: 131 Tile Toppler
    Options
    bat_239 wrote:

mine was 59th with 14083.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    "Sweet, I'm in first! That guy in second has been shielded all night, he's probably European and sleeping. I got this! Oh balls! Pve! Ugh, guess I'll do the ISO nodes....Sweet got them done JUST in time"

You did better than me - totally forgot that PVE was ending at the same time until I got my (****) rewards.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:

You did better than me - totally forgot that PVE was ending at the same time until I got my (****) rewards.

That implies you had played it at ALL before. I literally just did the ISO nodes. Thanks for unlocking those folks! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Yeah I did one pass on it yesterday (and got almost all the standard tokens!) and meant to go back to it once the ISO nodes opened up. I got caught up in all the forum drama icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bat_239 wrote:
    We squeaked in at 99th, so I can tell you that 100th was 12908, and 101st was 12873.

Also @bahukma - sorry if I hit you while you were unshielded earlier. I meant to ask on here, but I only had a few minutes before my shield would run out and since it had been a couple hours since queueing you up I assumed all was safe.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Yeah I did one pass on it yesterday (and got almost all the standard tokens!) and meant to go back to it once the ISO nodes opened up. I got caught up in all the forum drama icon_e_biggrin.gif

Thunder kittens? HISS!!!

Canglem from your alliance was the one that hopped me! We're enemies now hairy Dave
  • wade66
    wade66 Posts: 212 Tile Toppler
    Options
    So due to poor timing my shield was set to expire before the end of the event, but since I had been placing in the pve I had some extra hp. Did one quick match for almost 40 pts, and reshielded at 918 allowing me to retake 9th and get the last event token. Reshielded and cashed it in to get a green Stork, so including the fact that my alliance placed 24th I can say this event went better than expected.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I ended up finishing in 8th with 1111 points, first time I've ever passed 1100 for the featured cover. Tough bracket though, 1st place was around 1300.
  • bat_239
    bat_239 Posts: 48
    Options
    mohio wrote:
    bat_239 wrote:
    We squeaked in at 99th, so I can tell you that 100th was 12908, and 101st was 12873.

Big thanks! icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Lyrian wrote:
    I have the bug as well...

And from my perspective, the problem is fairly easy to identify.... but hard to determine a workaround.

Essentially, the MMR bucket system is not working properly. When player hit a new MMR "floor", the system is failing to transfer the player to the new bucket. So, players are running out of playable nodes, as they are outpace the players in one bucket, not are not being transferred to the next bucket. The bug hit me trying to transfer from the 1* bucket to the 2** bucket.

Trying to see if I can manually inflate my MMR in the simulator to see the next bucket and repop the nodes in Cat-5, but I don't think I can get my score high enough in the next 45 minutes (or win enough fights consecutively) to test my theory.

I'm worried that this isn't a "bug," but a "working as intended" thing.

I'm thinking that nodes disappearing/getting locked out is an issue both of MMR AND timing because of the 600, 800, etc. bucketing thing. Meaning that even if there are others around your MMR, if they've already passed 600 or 800, they won't be available to you in the PVP, and your nodes will grey out. Meaning that to maximize amount of available opponents for nodes, everyone within a certain MMR range would have to progress within a PVP at the same time.

Which is effing stupid.

I was locked out of the PVP almost the entire day. Only got a few nodes back at the very end, but not enough to get me past 741. I missed the stupid Spidey covers because of this ****.
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FoxyMulder wrote:
    I was locked out of the PVP almost the entire day. Only got a few nodes back at the very end, but not enough to get me past 741. I missed the stupid Spidey covers because of this ****.

Same here and I'm still pissed off. Started getting locked out ~500ish and was only able to get enough nodes to fight up to 600ish. Screwed me over for the event and tainted my season.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I believe a ton of us are in the same boat.
    Not only have we missed out on progression and placement rewards but this has most likely disrupted our chance of getting a top placing in season 3.

I was thinking about quitting after the end of season 2, I'm even more tempted now.
    However I still love my alliance(mates) and would have a hard time leaving them currently. I'm pretty cheesed off though and messaged CS in off chance that they would actually do me a favour (for a change) and maybe reimburse me for some of the things I've missed out on.

mckayla-love-letter-funny.jpg
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Twysta wrote:
    I believe a ton of us are in the same boat.
    Not only have we missed out on progression and placement rewards but this has most likely disrupted our chance of getting a top placing in season 3.

I was thinking about quitting after the end of season 2, I'm even more tempted now.
    However I still love my alliance(mates) and would have a hard time leaving them currently. I'm pretty cheesed off though and messaged CS in off chance that they would actually do me a favour (for a change) and maybe reimburse me for some of the things I've missed out on.

mckayla-love-letter-funny.jpg
    You're not allowed to leave.
    Ever.
    We need those pics!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    presidentobamagymnast.jpg