Leaving the game

Options
Just "finished" my final push in Cat 5.

For the time I've been playing, this seemed like the kind of early access game with waaaay too many rough edges, but with a gem of a game inside... one of those games that takes a lot of flak on release for its obvious flaws and bugs, but after a few months of patching comes into its own.

But that just hasn't happened. Most of the rough edges are still there, or even made progressively worse. For every positive change, there's a dozen terrible ones.

I've lost placement a few times to hamster fatigue leaving me vulnerable, including a crucial purple LDaken cover that I'm STILL mad about, and CS's "no problems here" responses are frankly insulting.

So as I said, finished up in the PVP. Recently, I've noticed more and more "suspicious players" in the game as they either get more clever than the cheat detection or d3p just stopped caring. Obviously, this has culminated in a bit of rage in the forums on the past couple of days. As I was trying to push to 1100, I unshielded and in the space of ONE battle my max LThor/Hulk team was beaten by the same guy's loaner/OBW/Ares team three times. In the next battle I ran into the "feature" I've seen a few others mention where my opponent's OBW gets way, way more AP than espionage should be allowing her. And I'm one of the lucky ones, a lot of players are being locked out of the event entirely for some reason.

And here's the kicker - I realized that even the cheaters don't matter that much. Heck, I'm still in top 10 in the tournament right now and can in all likelihood keep it, so what if I missed the 1100 cover? But there are just too many problems, big and small, holding this game together, that it just isn't fun. I realized I DREAD playing it. I dread slogging through the same dark avengers and goons in 80% of PVEs, I dread trying to push and shield hop in PVP, and I dread always having to schedule play at the most inconvenient times instead of when *I* have time to play.

This game is just too broken, I no longer have faith it can be fixed, and I have even less faith that d3p has the competency or will to fix it.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Man, I feel exactly the same.
    The worst part is that with so many flaws in this game, their CS is as terrible as the game
  • Trojax2010
    Trojax2010 Posts: 34 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Very close to quitting too, blacked out in both PVPs now. If they dont want us to play why dont they just say so. I saw IceIX was lurking in here earlier too, took off fast. Not like I blame him with the playerbase trying to beat him to the door.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I understand why, but it's still a shame. Enjoyed meeting you!
  • Unknown
    Options
    Trojax2010 wrote:
    Very close to quitting too, blacked out in both PVPs now. If they dont want us to play why dont they just say so. I saw IceIX was lurking in here earlier too, took off fast. Not like I blame him with the playerbase trying to beat him to the door.

He does that frequently. I am surprised he didn't ninja lock the cheaters thread on his way out tho. LOL icon_lol.gif