Smartphone Battery Life with Marvel Puzzle Quest?

Options
Hey everyone,

Just out of curiosity, how much battery life are you all getting while playing Marvel Puzzle Quest with your cellphone? I got a Moto X and only get about 2-3 hours of MPQ gaming. This game seems to drain the battery pretty quickly for a 2D puzzle game.

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    On my Xperia Go, it is quite the guzzler yes.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Samsung galaxy It used to kill my phone in 1 1/2 hour. now 2-3hours same.
    and the huge batt usage is probably cause by data transfer. If u are using 4g network try switch it to 3g ur batt will last longer and won't affect the game play so much
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have a Samsung G2 phone and a Galaxy 3 tablet. Both give me about 2 hours of play time. If I play while they are on charge I can get 4 hours.

JJ
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have a nexus 5 which doesn't have the best battery. But if I turn my brightness all the way down I can play 4-5 hours
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have a dual sim ZTE N986 with CDMA and GSM, and playing on EDGE seems more battery saving than EVDO while still performing similarly.. With EVDO it is around 1,5 hours while with EDGE it can last 2-3 hours..

I also want to blame all these seizure-inducing flashes of lights and shiny new UI for the battery drain icon_lol.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have puzzle quest screen burnin on my GS3 amoled screen so its like I am playing even if I am not. Usually attached to a power outlet so I forget how long I get.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think part of the problem is the game's need to constantly use data - even in the middle of a game. Sometimes I wonder if we're going to end up getting cancer on our fingers
  • Unknown
    Options
    On my Samsung S4 - 30 minutes = 30% of battery usage.
    On my Samsung Note - 30 minutes = 40% of battery usage.

And if I'm plugged in, it just stays even. No charging, just even usage. It's quite insane. I blame all the flashes and animations. They have WAY TOO MUCH (Do you hear us devs) of all of that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm on an iPhone 4S and it is about 1.5 hours. Need to get a power bank if I want to constantly play on the go icon_mad.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    prash wrote:
    I think part of the problem is the game's need to constantly use data - even in the middle of a game. Sometimes I wonder if we're going to end up getting cancer on our fingers

Haha.... This made me laugh
  • Unknown
    Options
    prash wrote:

i fully expect a huge change to cellphone tech 20years from now when we start seeing research showing that this is (though not the fingers) something that the constant cell useage is causing. that and bad eyesight (unless you use the lowest brightness, which few do)
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This game is really a monster who loves to devour battery life. Even in my iPad Air over wifi it drains a lot. And the drain is far worse over 4G than over Wifi.

I suppose it is because it tries to stay always connected and sends a lot of info over the net. I don't know if the game is 30fps locked or it tries to go to 60fps.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Samsung Note 3, after the recent patch, it's like 20% for 30 minutes of gameplay, but it seems to have a relatively high drain on the battery for a few minutes after shutting it down. It will drop a further 2-3% even after shutting down the app. But that makes me think its got something to do with the app not shutting down properly because sometimes as I restart the app soon after shutting it down, the app will freeze and require me to restart my phone.

Before the last patch, battery life was actually much better and not as high as stated above
  • Unknown
    Options
    Polares wrote:
    This game is really a monster who loves to devour battery life. Even in my iPad Air over wifi it drains a lot. And the drain is far worse over 4G than over Wifi.

I suppose it is because it tries to stay always connected and sends a lot of info over the net. I don't know if the game is 30fps locked or it tries to go to 60fps.

I thought I was the only one suffering from battery life. They need to make this game more battery friendly.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    prash wrote:

i fully expect a huge change to cellphone tech 20years from now when we start seeing research showing that this is (though not the fingers) something that the constant cell useage is causing. that and bad eyesight (unless you use the lowest brightness, which few do)

http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/1 ... &hpt=hp_t3

Its cnn, so take it with a grain (okay: chunk) of salt. Good thing I had my kids before finding MPQ......
  • Unknown
    Options
    I think I lose about 20% battery life for 20-30 minutes of playing on a S3.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "&#91 wrote: »
    "]I'm on an iPhone 4S and it is about 1.5 hours. Need to get a power bank if I want to constantly play on the go icon_mad.gif

Same here and yep, it absolutely canes it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    My iPhone battery is exceptionally happy that I decided to put this game down. Ridiculous levels of drainage on the battery, was having to charge my phone several times a day (leaving it plugged in on charge for much of that time).
  • Unknown
    Options
    I find that games that have lots of flashy graphics (literally) will consume more battery life because of your screen brightness. If I know I need to conserve battery, I will turn brightness almost all the way down and it works well.