Programmable AI?

Options
Just had an interesting thought. What if you could select/deselect which powers your team used when being fought by the AI? I know right now if two of your characters have a black ability that the AI sort of "rolls" to determine which one to use based on some weighting but I think it would be interesting if you could just deactivate certain abilities in order to eliminate color conflicts.

Example being say you're running a team with Psylocke and Black Panther, but you don't want the AI to use Psy's black so that they will save up for BP's RotP. This mitigates the negative effects of having too many characters with color overlaps and gives us a bit more control over the effectiveness of our teams when played by the AI. To add to the difficulty I would say that there's no way to tell how the opposing team is "programmed" so you would have to be prepared for the lowest cost ability to go off at all times.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• Unknown
    edited June 2014
    Options
    Totally agree with that !

On the other hand...that means tougher match against the AI, right ?
    But why not a try...

We could also think about 2 or 3 difficulty levels to adjust the enemy forces ?
  • Unknown
    Options
    I've seen the idea thrown around here a few times and it seems like a great one. I just don't see the likelihood of that happening. They seem more inclined to change the UI a dozen more times instead.

Even an 'open sandbox' that allowed the user to face user-specified AI team would go a long way in helping us understand what teams are good on defense and how they might interact.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Yeah that would nice to have a simulator of sorts (not the PvE) where you can make your own AI controlled team, set the specs, and play against them to try to develop the optimal team build within the confines of the AI's ruleset. Hopefully you wouldn't actually lose health in said simulator though otherwise it would be a burn. But can't fathom the devs creating a gameplay experience for us that doesn't directly lead to in app purchases like health packs icon_rolleyes.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Given there are like 10 viable teams in PvP all you really have to do is ask anyone who is halfway decent to assign some priority on moves and you'd be done, though I think people will hate an AI that actually uses moves in a way to make sense. I guess you'd just assign these weights (1-100, higher is more priority) like:

Green:

World Rapture - 100
    Call the Storm - 99
    Generic good green move - somewhere around 50

Red:
    Star Spangled Avenger - 100
    Fireball - 99
    2AP Magnetized Particle - 98
    Other stuff - 1

Yellow:
    Sacrifice - 100
    Thunder Strike - 99