*** Magneto (Classic) ***

Comments

• Bainee
    Bainee Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Twanbon wrote:
    I'm at 5/3/4 right now with a purple in my collection pending. My question is how often does the difference between lv 4 and lv5 come into play? Does the ability require 13 red AND 13 blue on the board to fully go off?

You can only swap as many times as the lowest number of tiles of red and blue. So 5 red and 15 blue = 5 swaps

Ive had it swap like 15 reds with 2 blue before

I have seen this as well. It's nice when you are expecting it to hit for 3-4k and it hits for 6-7k instead.
  • I did some test
    8 red and 3 blues on screen
    336 damage for one swap
    I did 1008 damage - so only 3 blue swap.
    Anyway - skill is really powerful
  • What about the other way around? The way it is worded, it could be only blue that is limited by the board. Or maybe it goes in order so sometimes a blue is moved into a place where it is counted twice. That could be why some have seen it, but it doesn't always happen.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    What about the other way around? The way it is worded, it could be only blue that is limited by the board. Or maybe it goes in order so sometimes a blue is moved into a place where it is counted twice. That could be why some have seen it, but it doesn't always happen.

Well true icon_e_smile.gif I am positively surprised

5red and 7blue
    336 damage after one swap
    damage 2352 so 7 swaps - cool

so before purple it is good to place some blues on screen with blue skill. Cool. So skill damage is higher when you have more blues on screen and you can only have one red tile. Glad to have 5/3/5 now icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sweet, I didn't actually think that would work.
  • Another test
    1 red and 10 blues
    Although on screen there is visible only one swap I did 3360 damage so it was 10 swaps- wow
  • Really interesting stuff, I'm really surprised it took so long for the community to figure that out ^^ there are these little wonders from time to time icon_e_wink.gif
  • Today I drank few beers so please test it by your own...
    Almost 100% sure that this works .. hehe
  • Good thing you can only have one Magneto on a team...sheesh icon_e_confused.gif
  • You're welcome, mags community icon_e_smile.gif (shoutouts to crazy Polkio too)
  • Got a purple and red of this guy today from diabolical. 0/3/3 now. Still waiting on that 1st blue cover but even at lvl 50 with 3 purples I still hit really hard. Pretty happy with this cover but then again I find the value in every 3* cover for their different roles.
  • Just came on here to post my "discovery" to find that you all figured it out first lol... Yeah it will deal damage = to the number of blue tiles out, regardless of how many red tiles there are.
    I'm loving mags more and more every day. Mags with a purple/blue +ap boost is a happy boy.
  • Mine 2/5/4. Blue/red/purple. Any suggestion? 3/5/5 or 4/5/4.
  • Kcwei83 wrote:
    Mine 2/5/4. Blue/red/purple. Any suggestion? 3/5/5 or 4/5/4.
    3/5/5 if with Spidey, but I think I like 4/5/4 overall.

Tough to call. I used to think 4 purp was enough, but given the hidden mechanics (increased damage on skill up, only needs blue tiles) 5 is certainly very good.

I wonder, however, if they will "fix" his Translocation.
  • Kcwei83 wrote:

Tough to call. I used to think 4 purp was enough, but given the hidden mechanics (increased damage on skill up, only needs blue tiles) 5 is certainly very good.

5/3/5 is the best, even with spidey.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Kcwei83 wrote:

Yeah, but he said he already has 5 red. I wouldn't restart. His red is actually still good.
  • FoxInSox
    FoxInSox Posts: 75 Match Maker
    So glad I went 5/3/5 with him, now that we know it is only the number of blue tiles that matter for his purple.

I also only just discovered that his blue power lets you place the protect tiles anywhere, including over countdown tiles. Getting rid of two countdown tiles for 5 blue AP, and having the ability to create a "free" critical tile when you use it with 3 existing blues, makes his blue power one of my favorites in the game. Very fun to use.
  • FoxInSox wrote:
    So glad I went 5/3/5 with him, now that we know it is only the number of blue tiles that matter for his purple.

I also only just discovered that his blue power lets you place the protect tiles anywhere, including over countdown tiles. Getting rid of two countdown tiles for 5 blue AP, and having the ability to create a "free" critical tile when you use it with 3 existing blues, makes his blue power one of my favorites in the game. Very fun to use.

Yup, his blue can be used in so many different ways. It is very flexible.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    Kcwei83 wrote:

Yeah, but he said he already has 5 red. I wouldn't restart. His red is actually still good.
    Looks like im unable to enjoy his full potential and have to play him in a different way. Go for 5 purple. Red is like some sort of warm up attack. Minor rearrange board to your advantage. It has to be spammable for it to work effectively, thats why initial thought i went for 5 red...
  • Kcwei83 wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    Kcwei83 wrote:

Looks like im unable to enjoy his full potential and have to play him in a different way. Go for 5 purple. Red is like some sort of warm up attack. Minor rearrange board to your advantage. It has to be spammable for it to work effectively, thats why initial thought i went for 5 red...

Did you not try it first? @ lvl one you can already tell it won't be that useful. @4 ap its basically useless. @3 its very situational. @2 it actually has a purpose as sometimes you can in theory spam it to open up the board a little. For all the love of his blue and purple I think a 4/5/4 is still a very good build. 6 blue is enough to use his blue turn 1 with boosts still and you can still gain enough blue black for another use if you go for 2 separate matches. 4 purple is not that bad a dropoff from 5.

I would not do 3/5/5 though. 7 blue and its a little off from its "amazing
    mode" lvl. @ 7 isn't a game changer like 5 or go a lesser extent 6 is.