Seriously, people?

Options
I'm seeing a lot of complaining posts lately. It was legit at first, but it's getting realllly annoying. I agree that MPQ has had quite a lot of problems lately and I'm as dissatisfied about it as most of you are- But does it seriously deserve this much hate? Multiple 'This game isn't fun anymore' threads on one page, in a forum where many people visit to discuss the game they still enjoy(like me)? No. Some of these posts at least state a good reason and suggest a way to improve the game in a proper manner, but the others are nothing more than a whiny mess. If you're going to quit playing because you don't like the game and the community anymore, go ahead. Suggest something on the suggestions board, if you think you still care about it. Maybe even file an official complaint to the customer service center. But don't post an emotional rant(that doesn't have a use for anything)in a website that is designed for the users in the same position as yourself. Plus, this game is like, what, a year old. It's not completely developed- This is just the unstable stage where major changes will and are supposed to be made, which you might like or not like. If that's the case, leave quietly or learn to use constructive criticism. Also, with what many people think of as cashgrab- understand the basic concept of making profit from developing games. D3 is a private company('private' as opposed to controlled by the government) and what private companies try to acheive is making profit. Money. MPQ is a free application with no ads or any indirect way of making money in it- it is completely natural and fine for them to try and lure players into making in-game purchases, and you can just not pay if you have a problem with that. Not everything goes the way costomers want them- They are in control, and whatever the devs do someone will be unhappy about it so get over it and stop(or at least make it more logical) complaining. My part of the rant over.

Disclaimer: I have nothing to do with D3/Demiurge.

Comments

• OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Firstly, paragraphs help. Secondly, it's much easier to just ignore it. Stay out of general chat for a while unless a new update discussion hits. We have been seeing these posts since the Rag changes and that was ages ago.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Peacemaker wrote:
    I'm seeing a lot of complaining posts lately. It was legit at first, but it's getting realllly annoying. I agree that MPQ has had quite a lot of problems lately and I'm as dissatisfied about it as most of you are- But does it seriously deserve this much hate?

Deserves more, but we're as tired writing it as grinding in the hell. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    I have an idea!! Let's rage and complain about the ragers and complainers!! Then, we rage and complain about those ragers and complainers too!! WOOHOO!!! RAGING GOOD TIME!!!
  • Unknown
    Options
    These forums are about the only practical way for players to provide feedback to the developers. The forum population is made up of those people who cared enough to find the forums in the first place, and then bothered to post their thoughts--this would be the most engaged fraction of the overall MPQ playerbase.

Most of the players on the forums are disgruntled because *so far as it is possible to tell* the developers lack either the desire or the capability to communicate well. IceIX provides most of the small amount of communications that have happened, but he often does not post for days at a time, and does not comment on many frequently-voiced concerns.

There are certainly issues with gameplay, mechanics, character balancing, server stability, etc., that people have opinions about, but those opinions would probably be voiced with less frustration if the developers had bothered to build up a sense of goodwill by frequently engaging with the players on the forums and explaining their thinking--or even acknowledging those opinions.

If you have problems with the substance of various complaints, make your argument. Some complaints are well-founded; others are poorly-founded. But if you just want to complain about complaining, that whiff of hypocrisy isn't making your opinion more palatable.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How funny is this post now that the servers are down?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Peacemaker wrote:
    Plus, this game is like, what, a year old. It's not completely developed- This is just the unstable stage where major changes will and are supposed to be made, which you might like or not like.
    Exactly. This game is a year old. It is not alpha. It is not beta either. I guess all these early access **** got people thinking like this. It is sad.
    Peacemaker wrote:
    If that's the case, leave quietly or learn to use constructive criticism. Also, with what many people think of as cashgrab- understand the basic concept of making profit from developing games.
    AAA games usually cost 60$ on release. I have friends who spent way over that on this game. Are you aware of the cost of making a single maxed 3* character in this game? I don't think D3 is following the "basic concept of making profit". Maybe they are. I don't know. However, it doesn't change the fact that the stuff that you can buy in this game are ridiculously overpriced.
  • Unknown
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    Peacemaker wrote:
    Plus, this game is like, what, a year old. It's not completely developed- This is just the unstable stage where major changes will and are supposed to be made, which you might like or not like.
    Exactly. This game is a year old. It is not alpha. It is not beta either. I guess all these early access tinykitty got people thinking like this. It is sad.
    Peacemaker wrote:
    If that's the case, leave quietly or learn to use constructive criticism. Also, with what many people think of as cashgrab- understand the basic concept of making profit from developing games.
    AAA games usually cost 60$ on release. I have friends who spent way over that on this game. Are you aware of the cost of making a single maxed 3* character in this game? I don't think D3 is following the "basic concept of making profit". Maybe they are. I don't know. However, it doesn't change the fact that the stuff that you can buy in this game are ridiculously overpriced.

There is no way in hell D3 is following the "basic concept of making profit". They are trying to become the richest company in mobile gaming. It's a hugely competitive industry of greedy mofo's icon_e_smile.gif

And we are their willing sheep being let to the wallet slaughter!
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Peacemaker wrote:
    I'm seeing a lot of complaining posts lately. It was legit at first, but it's getting realllly annoying. I agree that MPQ has had quite a lot of problems lately and I'm as dissatisfied about it as most of you are- But does it seriously deserve this much hate?
    Yes it does. It does deserve this much hate and it deserves to keep receiving this much hate for sustained time.

You see, the company's modus operandi for handling problems with this game can be summed up as "this too shall pass"; i.e. they figure that if they ignore problems and complaints long enough, they will eventually die out.
    Keeping the pressure on with complaints, even if non-constructive, will at the very least make it clear to them that such a policy does not work. Not anymore atleast; they've crossed the line a few times too many.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Instead of this post we need much more a post witht the title "Seriously, devs?" The game is a joke right now. Glitches, heroes that change abilities a few days after they are out when they were tested, apparently, for months (I am seeing you Spiderman) only to have s spreadsheet to blame in the end, multiple connection errors and today I play matches, but I don't gain any points for the last 30 minutes. As I said the game is a joke. Today I was reminded of the fiasko with the release of X Rebirth, only that game becomes better with time, while MPQ becomes more and more unstable. The honest thing to do would be to take the game down until the fix it instead of asking people to spend money on it.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I give no companies a free pass. If you want my money and my business deal with me and sell me on your product.

What is so hard about that concept for some people to understand? Our parents and grandparents would be ashamed of the complacency our society shows these days. As would the pioneers of business who spent their lives trying to please the customer as to gain their trust and business.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Maybe it's time to add a tinykittying subforum.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Locking complaints away to be ignored?
    No. No, this needs to have a level of visibility where it continues to bother people.
    Any other way and complaints would just die out and remain unresolved.
  • Unknown
    Options
    The problem is that you can clearly see how good this game COULD be, and then you're just disappointed by what it actually is. Then when you jump on the forums to point out what could be fixed, for example fighting OBW on every single match for weeks and weeks, you just get ignored while they roll out three star after three star, some even lazy versions of two stars they previously designed. So eventually you quit. That whole process can build up some serious anger. There's just so much stupid, wasted potential in this game. It's understandably frustrating.
  • Unknown
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Locking complaints away to be ignored?
    No. No, this needs to have a level of visibility where it continues to bother people.

I was just saying that we have enough of these to fill a subforum.

The reality is that our complaints are ignored and problems remain unresolved. We're really only bothering the other players.

Devs clearly don't give a ****. I don't know why people give them slack. As a dev myself, I just can't ignore the incompetence.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    The reality is that our complaints are ignored and problems remain unresolved. We're really only bothering the other players.
    Agreed. I'm puzzled as to why people pretend that spamming General Discussion with variations on the theme of "your game sucks because you suck like a cross between a vampire and Rupert Murdoch" can still plausibly masquerade as "providing feedback."

There are definitely still some constructive feedback threads (see Clintman's recent threads), but most of the "Look, I'm providing feedback!" posts are simply rage-spam at this point.

Also, I'm shocked that no one recognizes the ramifications of D3 admitting that any change is a direct result of forum ranting: General Discussion would become a fetid morass of empty, grandstanding vituperation precisely 17 minutes after that announcement.
    _RiO_ wrote:
    And how's this way workin' out for you so far?
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Keeping the pressure on with complaints, even if non-constructive...
    Or, they realize that forumites represent a tiny fraction of their active playerbase and paying playerbase (seriously, a couple hundred active forumites vs. well north of 200K active players?), and refuse to get flamebaited, preferring to quietly work on problems like server outages.
    CoolB76 wrote:
    I give no companies a free pass. If you want my money and my business deal with me and sell me on your product.
    You're playing it, and have done so for quite a long time. Ergo, they've already successfully sold you on their product.
    CoolB76 wrote:
    What is so hard about that concept for some people to understand? Our parents and grandparents would be ashamed of the complacency our society shows these days. As would the pioneers of business who spent their lives trying to please the customer as to gain their trust and business.
    Yes, D3's lack of forum responses to idle rants is clearly a grave hallmark of the downfall of modern society.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Vairelome wrote:
    These forums are about the only practical way for players to provide feedback to the developers. The forum population is made up of those people who cared enough to find the forums in the first place, and then bothered to post their thoughts--this would be the most engaged fraction of the overall MPQ playerbase.

Most of the players on the forums are disgruntled because *so far as it is possible to tell* the developers lack either the desire or the capability to communicate well. IceIX provides most of the small amount of communications that have happened, but he often does not post for days at a time, and does not comment on many frequently-voiced concerns.

This precisely, I mean compare, just for a moment, these forums with the League of Legends forums. On its worst day, Riot is exponentially more communicative than D3.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I wrote a massive rant about why the complaining is warranted and how it may have led to some improvements and fixes of BAD changes but then I scrapped it.

The fact is that if the game was more enjoyable there would be a lot of more positive posts in the forums. I remember when I came to the forum 3 months into the games life-span. There were only a few negative posts.

One obvious reason is some people have simply played too much and coupled with a few of the recent "disasters" people have been pushed over the edge.

I think a lot of things are starting to recuperate following some of the unfortunate changes and other hiccups.

My prediction is that we'll start seeing less negative posts. However the reduced drop rates from packs will always breed some frustration posts as they are just SUCH A BAD VALUE PROPOSITION.

@BelligerentGnu: Comparing this forum to LOL forum is like comparing the US to a third world country that lacks running water and internet. The difference in resources between the two developers is STAGGERING. LOL is one of the most profitable F2P games.

However you do get the feeling like they don't communicate as well as they used to. I don't know when the last time I saw IceIX comment on a post that wasn't his own.