help, "prodigal son" opps too strong

Options
2»

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    Hi Stefania68. First and foremost, welcome to the forum. On your issue, this problem of scaling has been prevalent and talked about in this forum many a times. You are experiencing high level goons (opps) because you have been winning too much in previous PVE's and the game is designed to raise the level of your goons to ensure the game stays fun (devs' words, not mine). We call it "MMR" here, the higher your MMR, the higher your goons' level are.

Some of the things you can do to lower/manage this MMR are
    1) Kill off your characters by either retreating or going down to zero health, the latter seems to work better if you have the time. This trick the game into thinking you are losing, and lower your MMR.
    2) Refrain from playing too many games. This help prevent your MMR from peaking. In order to place well, I recommend you only start playing in the last 1 or 2 hours.
    3) Stop playing for a while and let your MMR come down.
    4) Perhaps you want to tell us your roster? Maybe there are other characters that works well in lieu of spidey's nerf.

People in this forum are usually friendly. Ask and you shall receive. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does suicide still work? I tried it last tournament, but it didn't seem to effect it very much. Of course, the roster was limited so you really only had 2 or 3 teams worth of characters, so you couldn't tank that often
  • Unknown
    Options
    Spoit wrote:
    Does suicide still work? I tried it last tournament, but it didn't seem to effect it very much. Of course, the roster was limited so you really only had 2 or 3 teams worth of characters, so you couldn't tank that often

I usually have to kill about 15 guys level 85 or higher before I noticed any effect. There seems to be a floor on how low things can go that seems to be based on your roster.
  • Unknown
    Options
    UncleSam wrote:
    Joeblack wrote:
    and AI seems like cheat too much, 1 cascade 6 color fill to 30, lv25 hawkeye and 2 goon wipe my lv85 Ares/C storm/MN mag, just lucky or? unbelievable......

The AI appears to be getting more cascades than I do at a ratio of 4:1. I'm not talking about the 2-4 match cascades. I'm talking about the MEGA cascades where the AI gets 16 of one color and 6+ of just about every other color. It's really hard to overcome that when going up against a cStorm or Psylocke. And the cascades are hitting hard in PvP too.

I know there are some naysayers out there but one just has to look at Rags when the AI plays him. Almost every time the AI uses Godlike power he gets a cascade. 90% of the time I use it I get bupkiss.

Sure, it's possible it's just random and we've run into a string of bad luck, but most of the cascades fall from the top of the board where the AI could very well be cheating.

You mean cascades like this that happen about a 20:1 ratio them to me?

oK2A4oZ.jpg