Abilities without a home

Just a place to suggest abilities without characters in mind. There probably was one a while back but I couldn't find it.

Quick shot
Green
Select a tile to shatter. Does not generate AP. Turn ends. 1 AP

Level 2: Generates AP
Level 3: Tile does triple damage.
Level 4: Costs 0 AP.
Level 5: Generates double AP.

Fortify
Yellow
Places a 2 turn countdown tile that adds 1 protect tile and resets automatically for 2 yellow AP. Costs 6 yellow AP to cast.

Level 2: Increases protection strength.
Level 3: 1 AP needed to reset.
Level 4: Increases protection strength.
Level 5: Countdown tile is 1 turn.

Nuclear Football
Black
Places a 10 turn countdown tile on the board encompassed by a box. The box protects the tile from being shattered but is removed. The countdown tile downs the opponent with the highest current health. 12 AP

Level 2: 9 turn countdown. Cost +1 AP
Level 3: 8 turn countdown. Cost +1 AP
Level 4: Box protects against 2 strikes. Cost +2 AP
Level 5: Downs entire enemy team. Cost +2 AP

Liquid Nitrogen
Blue
Turns one blue tile into a freeze tile. If the tile is shattered by the opponent, that opponent is stunned for 1 turn. Cost 8 blue

Level 2: Costs -1 AP
Level 3: Stuns for 2 turns
Level 4: Costs -1 AP
Level 5: Stuns entire enemy team.

Power Build
Red
Hits opponent for 10 damage for each red AP and 5 for each Green AP. Drains red AP. 5 Red AP.

Level 2: Damage opponent 5 for each Black AP
Level 3: Damage opponent 5 for each Blue AP
Level 4: Damage opponent 5 for each Purple AP
Level 5: Damage opponent 5 for each Yellow AP

Mimicry
Purple
Places a special mimic tile. While on the board, when an opponent matches purple or blue tiles, you generate 1 AP of that color. Cost 10 AP.

Level 2: Cost -1 AP.
Level 3: Applies to Black and Yellow tiles.
Level 4: Cost -1 AP.
Level 5: Applies to Green and Red tiles.

Comments

• I like the "Liquid Nitrogen" freeze tile for board control, though the AI probably won't care and still match it anyway, so it would only potentially work on defense. Even then, your own team controlled by AI would probably mindlessly match it and stun themselves.
  • I was about to post that your Quick Shot was horribly overpowered, "0AP are you crazy!!!" and then saw that it ends turn, /rage rant dies.

This is an interesting list, I like it. It sounds like Nuclear football would be hard to implement though.
  • fatcatfan wrote:
    I like the "Liquid Nitrogen" freeze tile for board control, though the AI probably won't care and still match it anyway, so it would only potentially work on defense. Even then, your own team controlled by AI would probably mindlessly match it and stun themselves.

Good point on the AI. I pictured it as only able to freeze the other team. It's kind of clunky. Maybe it should be written as a special tile that while on the board it stuns an opponent when you match blue. Level 2-5 is -1 AP, +1 tile, -1 AP, +1 tile.
    I was about to post that your Quick Shot was horribly overpowered, "0AP are you crazy!!!" and then saw that it ends turn, /rage rant dies.

This is an interesting list, I like it. It sounds like Nuclear football would be hard to implement though.

Ha Ha, yea, it has to end your turn, unless you get a match 5+.

Yea, it would be hard to tell that there were 2 layers on the nuclear football.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    Quick shot
    Green

This would be great for Wolverine and Daken - you could just go to one of the early levels, and keep casting it until they've healed to full health. I suspect nothing like this skill will be introduced because of this...
  • Humphrey wrote:
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    Quick shot
    Green

This would be great for Wolverine and Daken - you could just go to one of the early levels, and keep casting it until they've healed to full health. I suspect nothing like this skill will be introduced because of this...

Yea, it would have to be basic tiles only. Modern storm would actually be a counter in that case. icon_razz.gif Still, I think this skill would be a little OP. The character would probably need to be squishy.

I don't see it being that much of an advantage for Wolverine and Daken though. If it costs 0 AP then it does the same damage as a match. I don't think it would be that much different than if you played an early mission with them now.
  • Blue Shoes wrote:
    I don't see it being that much of an advantage for Wolverine and Daken though. If it costs 0 AP then it does the same damage as a match. I don't think it would be that much different than if you played an early mission with them now.
    I assumed it would just do the damage from that one tile, eg 1/3 of a match, so the low level early opponents would survive for longer than if you were matching tiles, giving Wolverine/Daken/X23/Deadpool/Native/who else self-heals?/etc more time to regenerate.
    So it would be a way to save on health packs, if your Wolverine/etc is damaged you could just go to an early level, and use "Quick Shot" - you'd kill the enemy three times more slowly than normal, so you'd have three times longer to heal.

It is an interesting idea for an ability though, as are the others in your post too.