"The Arena" just released!

Options
13»

Comments

• ArchJojo wrote:
    Made it too 940.... got punished for it back to 702.....made it to 954...back to 768.....damn 500 gold eludes me...

you know whats the problem with the tournaments? sleeping...you wake up to a beating, lost like 200 points while sleeping lol
  • ArchJojo wrote:
    Made it too 940.... got punished for it back to 702.....made it to 954...back to 768.....damn 500 gold eludes me...

I don't think any of that was my fault this time; I haven't seen you pop up on my hit list yet. icon_e_smile.gif
  • hogunner wrote:
    ArchJojo wrote:

I don't think any of that was my fault this time; I haven't seen you pop up on my hit list yet. icon_e_smile.gif

Who is first on your bracket hogrunner?
  • johangsl wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    ArchJojo wrote:

The current top 5 in mine are:

1. Sheep - 926
    2. opather - 917
    3. Ryu - 903
    4. EvilHunter - 890
    5. Evildead80 - 848
  • hogunner wrote:
    johangsl wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    ArchJojo wrote:

1. Sheep - 926
    2. opather - 917
    3. Ryu - 903
    4. EvilHunter - 890
    5. Evildead80 - 848

I'm # 1 right now but, im not sure if its worth it to be checking all the time. I think the last 30 minutes are what decides the top 3.
  • I pierced the top 10 a little earlier than I anticipated and I'm getting the expected results (ie. a beating) lol. Whoops.
  • I've managed to top my group a few times, and just managed to hit the 1000 mark (500 Hero Points, yay!) - but I doubt I'll be in the top 25 even when I wake up. There's a lot of activity!
  • Its the 200 bracket. The reduced amount people results in a lot more of battles
  • johangsl wrote:
    Its the 200 bracket. The reduced amount people results in a lot more of battles

That'a interesting, because most of the people I'm fighting are outside my bracket - I think the 200 bracket only counts for results, not who you can fight. Maybe it's because more people think they can win it?
  • johangsl wrote:
    Its the 200 bracket. The reduced amount people results in a lot more of battles

That'a interesting, because most of the people I'm fighting are outside my bracket - I think the 200 bracket only counts for results, not who you can fight. Maybe it's because more people think they can win it?

Exactly, with the top 10 spots being the mostly hotly contested spots and the tourneys being only 200 people, you have a 1/20th chance of scoring one of those spots. This is much higher than in the old tournaments where there were maybe 25 top spots and over 2000 combatants. So while you do have a higher chance (in theory) of getting a top spot now, that means less people are giving up so the amount of battles going on has increased significantly (at least that's the way it appears to me).
  • I don't think any of that was my fault this time; I haven't seen you pop up on my hit list yet. icon_e_smile.gif[/quote]

Who is first on your bracket hogrunner?[/quote]

1. Sheep - 926
    2. opather - 917
    3. Ryu - 903
    4. EvilHunter - 890
    5. Evildead80 - 848[/quote]

I'm # 1 right now but, im not sure if its worth it to be checking all the time. I think the last 30 minutes are what decides the top 3.[/quote]

Weird I dont see this list I'm always in the top 10 I was 1015, 1025 , 993, 999
  • Ive been attacking agent coulson quite often lol. Ive saved everyone who has attacked me for the final hour lol.
  • So I was attacked by three different people within the LAST MINUTE and lost 100 points.

One or two of them was in my bracket.. and one of them attacked me FOUR times in the last hour but i still placed top 2 so HA.

My question is what counts in your final tournament score? The last battle you start before the end or the last battle you finish?
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    So I was attacked by three different people within the LAST MINUTE and lost 100 points.

Jesus, dude. I like how the timed tournaments feel contemporaneous, but this seems to be a little excessive. I'd like to see the penalties for losses toned down a little bit, so that what you do in the first 47 hours of a 48 hour tournament actually matters.
  • I was number one but attacked twice and dropped to third in last minute. The point losses were tremendous. Dunno what u would do to fix that.
  • cepage wrote:

Jesus, dude. I like how the timed tournaments feel contemporaneous, but this seems to be a little excessive. I'd like to see the penalties for losses toned down a little bit, so that what you do in the first 47 hours of a 48 hour tournament actually matters.

I agree. There's nothing you can do when a bunch of people decide to attack you at the last minute. You can only fight one battle at a time, whereas however many people who can find you in matchmaking can attack you simultaneously
  • Is there any reason why you can attack people out of your bracket? It would really help with this ridiculous loss of points in the final 2 hours of the tournament. I realize maybe you could get lucky and get a bracket with hardly any active players but its better than this!
  • Vexed wrote:
    Ive been attacking agent coulson quite often lol. Ive saved everyone who has attacked me for the final hour lol.
    Ha I saw you , fight and defeated you :3