"Buffed" for special missions

Is there a cap when characters get "Buffed" for special missions? In the past I thought "buffed" was a level increase but now my characters do not increase in level despite having 80% or 100% next to them in the selection screen. Do you get a damage increase or is there just a cap?

I am experience this on The Hunt and the Alaska sub mission. Android.

Thanks

Comments

• Damage and HP are increased by X%

Not sure why this is in bugs.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Buffing increases Color Strengths, Health, and ability damages (for most abilities). You can see this increase in the pre battle screens while in a mission that buffs that character. However that buff will not apply outside that Event or Tournament.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Buffing increases Color Strengths, Health, and ability damages (for most abilities). You can see this increase in the pre battle screens while in a mission that buffs that character. However that buff will not apply outside that Event or Tournament.

Is there a particular rhyme or reason to not boosting some abilities. I assume they were chosen for being too overpowered, but I'm just curious on how you decide that.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Is there a particular rhyme or reason to not boosting some abilities. I assume they were chosen for being too overpowered, but I'm just curious on how you decide that.
    Usually, they're all buffed except for heals. Sometimes we'll let a heal buff through if we want to see how usage scenarios for that ability change, but generally greater healing just results in zero downtime while that event is up. As for attack damage, it's generally just a bug when we don't buff it. See: Thor's Call the Storm.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Blue Shoes wrote:
    IceIX wrote:

Usually, they're all buffed except for heals. Sometimes we'll let a heal buff through if we want to see how usage scenarios for that ability change, but generally greater healing just results in zero downtime while that event is up. As for attack damage, it's generally just a bug when we don't buff it. See: Thor's Call the Storm.

Cool, I figured heals were the case, but I was wondering about Call of the Storm.