How much to...

Options
daveomite
daveomite Posts: 1,331 Chairperson of the Boards
edited May 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok...Mods, if I'm putting this in the wrong section, feel free to move it. This may have been asked before, I was just not successful in finding it.

I'm considering leaving my alliance, then starting a new one, and bringing over all of the people who are active, etc. Right now, we've got three commanders who aren't overly active and, for the most part, non-responsive, and members are losing hope to achieve anything. Even though I'm a commander, there really isn't anything I can do.

I know it won't be cheap, I'm just trying to plan on how much it really is to fully upgrade an alliance to 20 members again. I hate going that route, but I've put in several tickets with no response thus far.

I know the 6th slot is 600hp, just not sure I remember what all of the other slots are. I paid to open 16-20 slots in my current alliance, so I remember those weren't overly cheap. It may wind up not being that much of an option, but, it's always good to review all options as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks to all...

Comments

• Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If you own the alliance, and have spent the majority of the HP to build it, I am sure CS can help you demote the inactives. Have you tried a support ticket? I imagine this may not be a successful tactic if you are not the one, or at least one of the ones that contributed greatly to the alliance.
  • Unknown
    Options
    600+700+800+(...)+1900+2000.

For a total, IIRC, 19500 HP.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Clintman wrote:
    If you own the alliance, and have spent the majority of the HP to build it, I am sure CS can help you demote the inactives. Have you tried a support ticket? I imagine this may not be a successful tactic if you are not the one, or at least one of the ones that contributed greatly to the alliance.

I was recruited in to the alliance. I was the 15th member, and made a commander. I paid to open the final slots and then added people. The originator of the alliance left as he was tired of the grind, and is basically non responsive. The other two, hardly active and non responsive, at least right now. I've sent numerous PM's to them and posted in alliance chat...no luck.

Yes, I have sent in 4-5 tickets, plus contacted one D3 employee that I have an email address for. No response yet.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    600+700+800+(...)+1900+2000.

For a total, IIRC, 19500 HP.

Thanks Emeryt...appreciate that. REALLY don't want to have to go that route, but may opt to do that if absolutely necessary.
  • Unknown
    Options
    CS can help you demote people, the 5Deadly alliances went from almost all commanders to 2-4 in each by sending in tickets requesting it. Although if you're trying to do it before Season 1 ends they probably won't do it in time. I think it took well over a week for the requests to go through.

Edit: What I think they did was they actually demoted all but one person from commander status, so if the original founder of the alliance isn't there I'm not sure what they'll do
  • daveomite
    edited May 2014
    Options
    SynGen wrote:
    CS can help you demote people, the 5Deadly alliances went from almost all commanders to 2-4 in each by sending in tickets requesting it. Although if you're trying to do it before Season 1 ends they probably won't do it in time. I think it took well over a week for the requests to go through.

That's part of my frustration and concern about it. We had missed being 150 in Oscorp by a few places, and on that last day, they weren't active even though I asked numerous times to help.

Season 1, where again, looking like we're going to miss the top 150, and again, no other commander was active yesterday. I've got near 12k in season, at least two at 10k, and a stack in the 6-7k range...and I admit, all this grinding, and all the server issues...it would be nice if it amounted to something. If everyone was active and we still didn't make it...ok. But when we're so close to something, all it would take is maybe one clear of nodes in a PvE, or 300 points even in PvP.

Just would be nice to be able to demote inside the game if needed for times like this.
  • Unknown
    Options
    What they really needed to do was a 3 tier system for rank in alliance instead of a 2 tier one. Having commanders is fine, but they needed another rank that could actually demote them. Your problem is what I imagine all the alliances who did the "buy your slot and you're a commander to protect your slot" strategy of growing are running into now.
  • daveomite
    edited May 2014
    Options
    Right. I hate to seem like I'm attempting to rip away someone else's alliance. That's why I asked about cost to start a new one. But, on the flip side, I feel like I became the defaco leader as I'm active and constantly chatting with the alliance, and trying to rally all the troops, etc.

So, not really sure what the best move is. Obviously, probably won't hear anything back from D3 until Monday at the earliest. And Season 1 only has so much time left.

The only options I really have are to just accept it for what it is, plunk down $100 to start and gather a new alliance, or just give up and walk away from this one.
  • Clintman
    Clintman Posts: 757 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Now, wouldn't it be cool if you could apply to an alliance that is at say 18/20 and have a pop up when you apply allowing you to pay for the alliance upgrade? Pop up would say "if accepted do you agree to XX HP to purchase an alliance roster slot"
  • daveomite
    Options
    Clintman wrote:
    Now, wouldn't it be cool if you could apply to an alliance that is at say 18/20 and have a pop up when you apply allowing you to pay for the alliance upgrade? Pop up would say "if accepted do you agree to XX HP to purchase an alliance roster slot"

That's actually a great idea.

Also...I wanted to add, when I said my "only options"... I meant to say one of them is sticking it out with the team here. I feel bad for them, more than for me. It actually aggravates me that they may lose out on something. The team is what is important to me, not my own personal rewards, etc.
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This really just sucks. Was reading that Alpha Wolves have a similar situation. Expanding alliances is a HUGE cash grab for D3, and for that reason I can see them being stubborn about it. There really should be some type of inactivity limit that would automatically deactivate a commander.
  • daveomite
    Options
    WilsonFisk wrote:
    This really just sucks. Was reading that Alpha Wolves have a similar situation. Expanding alliances is a HUGE cash grab for D3, and for that reason I can see them being stubborn about it. There really should be some type of inactivity limit that would automatically deactivate a commander.

Completely agree. It really sucks not being able to do anything to fix the situation. And yeah... I saw that later in the day after posting mine... the thing about Alpha Wolves. Looks like they got stuck in the same situation. Really horrible.

The issue is, it would have to be a mass shift of most of the crew for it to even work, regardless of how much it costs - it's not an instant fix. To go from one 20/20 alliance where you can't replace 3 people - to a new 20/20 alliance would mean having to hopefully bring at least 15+ from the original alliance, and then adding in 5 more. That's a big, risky move unless everyone shifts at the same time, etc. It's possible, but not easy I'm sure.
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    D3 should change the way that alliance ranks are bought. Instead of attaching ranks to any given alliance, they should attach them to the player that bought them. There should be an electronic item, in form of a cover that doesn't need a slot purchase, that has a HP scale on it. So, if you've bought the last rank, it fills in the scale to that length, and allows you to access however many ranks that invest would buy in a new alliance, as rank investment varies. So if you bought the first rank, you only have invested enough for the first rank in a new alliance, whereas the 20 slot invest, should open up more ranks if you leave.... if you get me? Whatever you invest, remains with you.

This would mean that disgruntled commanders could leave without loss of investment, inactive commanders could be kicked without them loss of any investment. Allowing people to bypass CS and tickets. As the players purchases are protect there would be no legal issues over the removal of a player that has invested heavily in an alliance, but are not as active any more. And this would combat the problems some alliances are having now.

But sure, this wouldn't be a perfect system either, as if the person with the ranks leaves, the alliance would shrink, causing players to be kick involuntarily. But maybe that would be an opportunity for D3 rather then a problem, could offer them a buy-out or in or something, and sell more ranks and hp. Pressure selling is always good.

But as I say it's a good basis for a better system - am sure it could be made workable if someone thinks about it enough.
  • daveomite
    Options
    Blergh wrote:
    D3 should change the way that alliance ranks are bought. Instead of attaching ranks to any given alliance, they should attach them to the player that bought them. There should be an electronic item, in form of a cover that doesn't need a slot purchase, that has a HP scale on it. So, if you've bought the last rank, it fills in the scale to that length, and allows you to access however many ranks that invest would buy in a new alliance, as rank investment varies. So if you bought the first rank, you only have invested enough for the first rank in a new alliance, whereas the 20 slot invest, should open up more ranks if you leave.... if you get me? Whatever you invest, remains with you.

This would mean that disgruntled commanders could leave without loss of investment, inactive commanders could be kicked without them loss of any investment. Allowing people to bypass CS and tickets. As the players purchases are protect there would be no legal issues over the removal of a player that has invested heavily in an alliance, but are not as active any more. And this would combat the problems some alliances are having now.

But sure, this wouldn't be a perfect system either, as if the person with the ranks leaves, the alliance would shrink, causing players to be kick involuntarily. But maybe that would be an opportunity for D3 rather then a problem, could offer them a buy-out or in or something, and sell more ranks and hp. Pressure selling is always good.

But as I say it's a good basis for a better system - am sure it could be made workable if someone thinks about it enough.

I think that would be great..I mean, if your investment followed you. Could be tricky system wise, but would think it should be possible