Common Forum Abbreviations

Comments

• Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Mondo wrote:
    Added a spot in 3* for Falcon...but I doubt many names will pop up for him. "Falcon" is easy enough...unless we start calling him Birdman.

Harvey? I loved Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law! Stephen Colbert was such an integral part of that show! I was just thinking about Very Personal Injury when they announced Falcon. "Maybe we should just call you White Fish!?!"

http://video.adultswim.com/harvey-birdm ... njury.html
  • Added Nick Fury to the list.
  • I know there are already a lot of nicks for *** Thor, but there is a lot of Fat Thor or (Fathor) on the forums.
  • Added 3* Daken to the list.

Daken (Classic)
    Lazy Daken
    LDaken
    3* Daken
  • so what is this tl:dr thing people post???????????????
  • demiser951 wrote:
    so what is this tl:dr thing people post???????????????
    That's not something specific to this forum but that stands for "too long; didn't read". People put that at the end of a long post and follow it up with a short summary of what was said. It's basically like having cliffnotes for whatever the post was about.
  • Mondo wrote:
    demiser951 wrote:
    That's not something specific to this forum but that stands for "too long; didn't read". People put that at the end of a long post and follow it up with a short summary of what was said. It's basically like having cliffnotes for whatever the post was about.

makes perfect sense now u put it that way thanks icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    my alliance have been calling him super daken cause of his upgraded abilities, sounds so much cooler than lazy(we're starting to do the same with thor and cap)
  • my alliance have been calling him super daken cause of his upgraded abilities, sounds so much cooler than lazy(we're starting to do the same with thor and cap)

uber Daken is also being used around the forum
  • Added entry for The Sentry

The Sentry (Dark Avengers)
    Sentry
  • Mondo wrote:
    demiser951 wrote:

I just came to ask about this also. Now I know.
  • I've seen "Laken" used in multiple threads for 3* Daken, seems to be a contraction of "Lazy Daken".
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    my alliance have been calling him super daken cause of his upgraded abilities, sounds so much cooler than lazy(we're starting to do the same with thor and cap)

uber Daken is also being used around the forum
    UberDaken's my go-to nickname for him, too, after my early attempt to popularize "Dakenator" failed. icon_razz.gif

It often becomes UDaken because I am lazy.
    Amanda1983 wrote:
    I've seen "Laken" used in multiple threads for 3* Daken, seems to be a contraction of "Lazy Daken".
    Heh, I am so not a fan. icon_lol.gif Same goes for "Fathor." They just sound ugly, and UberDaken already has ugly teeth; no need to pile on. icon_lol.gif
  • HailMary wrote:
    "Dakenator"
    Haha! Good thing it did not catch on. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Added in 3* Storm (Mohawk) to the list as follows:

Storm (Mohawk)
    Mohawk Storm
    Lazy Storm
    3* Storm
  • awww I'm a little disappointed my favourite one isnt on there: Mohawkeye
  • How about 'atm'? I see that a lot.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Pcp77 wrote:
    How about 'atm'? I see that a lot.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ATM
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    As far as 3* Cap, Thor, Daken, and now Mohawk Storm, my alliance calls them Super Cap, Super Thor or whatever. We see them not as lazy reproductions, but upgraded versions of really good characters. Same abilities, but far more powerful and not so "squishy", or weak.

We sometimes call Falcon, BirdBoy and Sentry is of course, Fabio.

Now we have started calling She Hulk, Shulk. That is, after all, what Spidey calls her in the comics, among other things.

JJ
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I've recently been seeing TurDaken used on the forums for Daken (Classic).

Not sure how Tur relates to it though? (Turducken+True Daken=TurDaken?)