I'm a potato: discuss

Options
I'm a potato: let's generally discuss, in this forum which is appropriate to general discussion

When you're done discussing, please check out viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7681 and add your name.

sincerely,
QTQuazar (founder, Ace of Blades)

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I would like to open you up and fill you with cream.
  • Unknown
    Options
    How does a potato win at Street Fighter? By mashing the kick button.
    What's a potato's favorite TV show? Starch Trek.
    What is the most powerful potato? Darth Tater.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Actually, I'm not eating potatoes and bread for a month now.

Not that I lost any weight since that time... icon_rolleyes.gif

Any suggestions?

Also, this: viewtopic.php?p=142880#p142880
  • Unknown
    Options
    Emeryt wrote:
    Actually, I'm not eating potatoes and bread for a month now.

Not that I lost any weight since that time... icon_rolleyes.gif

Any suggestions?

Also, this: viewtopic.php?p=142880#p142880

Depends on your body type, where you are now and where you want to be. In general carbs aren't a bad thing. Really. They aren't. They supply incredibly efficient and fast energy to your cells when needed. However, when at rest they are also quickly stored into fats which are really hardy. They don't want to be used except in dire situations.

I'll polite assume you're slightly overweight. cutting down on carbs can be a very simple and easy way to drop a little weight. Increase your exercise..take in more whole type foods (keeps you fuller longer and frankly chewing that much brocolli makes you so sick you don't want to eat anymore) and proteins can help too.

on a personal level...doing a no carb crash for 2 weeks will make you lose weight. note.."MAKE" you lose weight. you don't have much choice. You also feel ridiculously tired, crankly, groggy, and hungry for that first bit....it can help kickstart things but just make sure you do some research.

OR

Tinykitty everything there and potato it up. Frankly, they're my favorite spud especially in french fry form.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I see that Demiurge has an opening for a QA tester http://www.demiurgestudios.com/careers#qa-tester. Surely a potato could land that.
  • Spider-man 6234
    Options
    Also saw the need for a customer service rep. Lol I think they need to fill that spot asap icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Depends on your body type, where you are now and where you want to be. In general carbs aren't a bad thing. Really. They aren't. They supply incredibly efficient and fast energy to your cells when needed. However, when at rest they are also quickly stored into fats which are really hardy. They don't want to be used except in dire situations.

I'll polite assume you're slightly overweight. cutting down on carbs can be a very simple and easy way to drop a little weight. Increase your exercise..take in more whole type foods (keeps you fuller longer and frankly chewing that much brocolli makes you so sick you don't want to eat anymore) and proteins can help too.

on a personal level...doing a no carb crash for 2 weeks will make you lose weight. note.."MAKE" you lose weight. you don't have much choice. You also feel ridiculously tired, crankly, groggy, and hungry for that first bit....it can help kickstart things but just make sure you do some research.

OR

Tinykitty everything there and potato it up. Frankly, they're my favorite spud especially in french fry form.
    Well, the best choice is to make sure that whatever carbs you're getting are in "natural" foods as opposed to processed ones. Things like fruit make for a much better source of carbs if you're trying to lose weight without the grumpiness that goes with a no carb crash diet.

In other news, I just hung a chin-up bar in the door to my closet, with a goal to do 10 in the morning before I leave for work and 10 in the evening when I get home from work. A not yet achievable goal, but I'm getting close (and yes, I realize just how out of shape that actually makes me).
  • Unknown
    Options
    Do I have to live in Boston for the CS position? If not, I'm down. lol.