Heroic Chapter 4 - Osborn Update

2»

Comments

• Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really cannot believe that you are happy and content with this what can only be called lip service. They can open reaard brackets all they want to, but if you are being scaled out of the competition then it doesnt matter as you wont be able to progress any way.

Deimurge Will has already stated that it will take playing at the correct times and also playing a lot is the way to be able to cat h those with a huge lead. Are they seriously going to go on record with the "adjust your life for a game" statement? Oh and if you do play a lot and at the right time if wont be for long as soo you will face L200+ Daken, and we all know how much fun that is.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    I really cannot believe that you are happy and content with this what can only be called lip service. They can open reaard brackets all they want to, but if you are being scaled out of the competition then it doesnt matter as you wont be able to progress any way.

Deimurge Will has already stated that it will take playing at the correct times and also playing a lot is the way to be able to cat h those with a huge lead. Are they seriously going to go on record with the "adjust your life for a game" statement? Oh and if you do play a lot and at the right time if wont be for long as soo you will face L200+ Daken, and we all know how much fun that is.

It's 35% less painful with the Daken nerfs at least.
  • Linkster79 wrote:

"Happy and content" would not be my reaction. However, d3's historic reactions to their own screwups has been abysmal on a customer-relations level; baby steps in the right direction ought to be praised, in hopes that the trend continues.
  • Linkster79 wrote:

It's all about phrasing: Adjust your life for a game sounds terrible but the most dedicated players sounds good. And there is something to be said for giving the brand new character out to the people who are willing to go to the furthest extremes to get it right away. Other people will still have opportunities to get Daken for less effort but they will need to wait a week.
  • L1ndros88
    L1ndros88 Posts: 20
    edited November 2016
    [deleted post]
  • honestly wish every event was top 150 alliance reward, really hard to find an alliance that can make top 100 that isn't already full.
  • Linkster79 wrote:

It's all about phrasing: Adjust your life for a game sounds terrible but the most dedicated players sounds good. And there is something to be said for giving the brand new character out to the people who are willing to go to the furthest extremes to get it right away. Other people will still have opportunities to get Daken for less effort but they will need to wait a week.

Only a week? Well damn. I should have waited. LOL. icon_lol.gif
  • L1ndros88 wrote:
    Wouldn't it be great, D3, if you could feed your model a set parameters (number of nodes, min-max point values, personal scaling factor, environmental scaling factor, rubberband factor, etc) and run simulations in order to understand how these parameters affected the game? I assume the senior devs have all pushed for this, only for business to decide it's not worth the cost. Well how much are these screw-ups continually costing you, both in dollars and reputation?

They could actually do this without incurring any cost. Just recruit players to be beta testers for each roll out. Say a group of 5000 very active members for every roll out.
    They could put an option in the menu settings for people willing to Volunteer and randomly choose players each time.

Put them in their own little world during an event to test out the new parameters and code and give them all extra bonuses/covers/HP/whatever to do so. Then evaluate the data and fix the bugs where they need to fixed before you roll it out to the masses.
  • I was rank 400+ after my first clear of the sub. I have now rubberbanded my way to 30, but I'm still 3000 points behind the bracket leader. So a top rank will probably be unattainable, but 3 Daken covers could work. My alliance rank REALLY appreciates the change to Top 150 there.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    *premature snigger*
    Osborn

on to read the thread
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Linkster79 wrote:
    Really do apprecciate the news Ice IX but what about scaling? I just had my backside handed to me in the Rampage node and Ares was only L87, any increases and it doesnt matter how many rewards are given out if we cant progress.

That same node has now increased by 20 levels in difficulty without me even playing. Seriously how many times are you as a company going to just ignore the scaling issue or any questions about it?
  • L1ndros88 wrote:
    Vairelome wrote:
    "Happy and content" would not be my reaction. However, d3's historic reactions to their own screwups has been abysmal on a customer-relations level; baby steps in the right direction ought to be praised, in hopes that the trend continues.

I understand the sentiment but strongly disagree. Like many, I've been waiting for 3* Daken for months, only to be put in a situation where I'm unlikely to compete for the all-covered rewards (i.e. top 30).

Same here. Daken is my most anticipated character since LT and I'm incredibly disappointed that I'm not going to be able to get all three covers. Maybe I'll be proven wrong, but my assumption is that in a 1,000 person bracket, 3% of them are either going to be able to intentionally or accidentally manage their play to keep the huge head start. I'm trying to be as magnanimous and understanding as possible, but offering platitudes about "being heard" isn't where I am right now since this really hasn"t "fixed" anything for me.
  • Vohnkar
    Vohnkar Posts: 158 Tile Toppler
    Well, thanks for doing "something" to fix the mess, although for me its not enough. With the absurd scaling the PvE always have, we are punished for grinding and playing the game, so even with the top 150 reward I'm out of competition. I won't be able to play every 12 hours to clear every reset, and ruberbanding didn't seems to work for me, even being top 20 on the sub I'm far behind on my main bracket... so I suppose no daken for me :-/.

I would appreciate a fix on the PvE events. My main bracket has on the top 10 a lot of people with characters at lvl 40? come on! guys, how is that fair, I'm not saying you hand me and my 2/3 star roster top rewards, but if at least my top 10 would be all maxed out 3* I could understand not having a chance at daken. But seeing lvl 40s filling the top ranks while I have a superior roster is frustrating.

but, even not agreeing how they are doing things, at least I apreciate the comunication and "doing something", its better than stay in the dark.
  • Rubberbanding doesn't seem to have worked for me at all. Patch-only nodes are stuck at about 200 points or so at best and I'm about 15k behind the leader in my group. No chance of Daken cover now. Sad times.