Heroic Chapter 4 - Osborn Update

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,311 Site Admin
OSCORP HEROIC Rewards Adjusted

The scoring system in the Oscorp Heroic event changed while the event was running, affecting players that joined the event between 3 PM and 7 PM yesterday. To give everyone affected a fair shot at Daken Gold, we're giving out 50% more rewards to alliances and individuals.

Updated reward structure:
Individual
    Ranks 1-3: Wolverine (X-Force) Red and 4-15 prizes Ranks 4-15: Daken (Classic) Blue/Black, 3000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points Ranks 16-30: Daken (Classic) Blue/Black, 2500 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points Ranks 31-75: Daken (Classic) Black, 2500 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points Ranks 76-150: Daken (Classic) Black, 1500 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points Ranks 151-300: Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye) Purple, 1500 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points Ranks 301-450: Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye) Purple, 1000 Iso-8, 25 Hero Points Ranks 451-600: Bullseye (Dark Avengers Hawkeye) Purple, 500 Iso-8 Ranks 601-750: 3x Standard Recruit Tokens, 250 Iso-8 Ranks 751-900: 2x Standard Recruit Tokens, 250 Iso-8 Ranks 901-1000: 1x Standard Recruit Token, 250 Iso-8

Alliance
    Ranks 1-3: Daken (Classic) Purple, 2000 Iso-8, 250 Hero Points Ranks 4-75: Daken (Classic) Purple, 2000 Iso-8, 100 Hero Points Ranks 76-150: Daken (Classic) Purple, 2000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points Ranks 151-375: 1500 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points Ranks 376-750: 1000 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points Ranks 751-1500: 500 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points Ranks 1501-2625: 250 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points Ranks 2626-3725: 200 Iso-8, 50 Hero Points Ranks 3726-7500: 200 Iso-8 Ranks 7501-15000: 140 Iso-8

This change, plus the rubber banding that normally occurs on Events with the main bracket will allow those players negatively affected to still compete for top prizes in this Event. It should be noted that the main Parent Event for this chapter has as-yet unlocked repeatable mission pins, so even if your sub-event bracket is low in points, you will be able to make up deficit points in the main bracket by playing missions in the Parent Event.

Comments

• Thank you, this was the solution I asked for at least icon_e_smile.gif

Although i am not in as bad a spot as some of the stories I have heard.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not sure if this will get the horde off your back, but it's a nice gesture of goodwill. Thanks for the update!
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really do apprecciate the news Ice IX but what about scaling? I just had my backside handed to me in the Rampage node and Ares was only L87, any increases and it doesnt matter how many rewards are given out if we cant progress.
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Thank you!
  • Thank you. I joined my bracket early, and played some games before my flight. Even after clearing everything in the sub, I'm only in 500th place. I haven't not gotten top 20 in a pve tourny in a long time.

I hope this makes up for it, but can this please not happen again. It's left a sour taste in my mouth.
  • Thank you guys. Good job.
  • Okay, I must say I'm somewhat impressed. It's not really the reaction I had hoped for, but it's a reaction, which is somewhat of a first. I'm probably not good at finding the proper words for this, being more the annoying pain in the back personality, but I really consider this a good move. One that I'd like to see more often in future, even if whoever is responsible for sales will have a minor fit each time. It makes me feel like you acknowledge that yes, things haven't been running as smoothly as they should have, but hey, we all make mistakes, so here's a little something to lighten the blow, hopefully we'll pay more attention the next time so we won't have to do it again. Thanks. I'd ask for some regular feedback to our feedback next, that would probably be pushing customer interaction though. icon_e_wink.gif

I still don't see how I'm going to make it to the top ranks with so many early birds way ahead of me. But rank 30 should be a bit easier to achieve than rank 20, it might just be doable with extremely crazy playing instead of outright insane playing.
  • This isn't a perfect solution, but "perfect solutions" are usually a myth anyway. This is a decent customer service response to dev screwups, though, and should be supported and encouraged. I hope that those unlucky souls most affected by the screwups can manage to hit some of the useful reward tiers without trashing their scaling/mmr; increasing the size of the reward tier brackets will help to some extent.

Thank you for your efforts in communications, IceIX.
  • Still a gesture of good will. Thank you.

Any chance we change that X-Force from Red to Yellow? icon_twisted.gif
  • I don't know if this solves the issues for individuals, but I think this works for alliances, so kudos for that.
  • Right, so as long as only 2 people got an abnormal advantage then it's fine then? One simple bone thrown, no-one stops to think about the figures and you get some goodwill?

This hasn't solved the issue for people negatively affected by the mid event rubber band changes unless they happen to be in a bracket with VERY few people who got an abnormal lead unless we are relying on them somehow doing far better than the people who got their advantage who I reckon number more than the increased number of decent rewards.

In fact you are primarily giving more stuff to both people who got an unfair advantage and people who were relatively unaffected.

I'll tell you what, ill grind like hell to catch up and stop complaining if you come and fix my SCALING afterwards. Deal?

It's a failure of a "fix" and relies on the abnormally large amount of gratitude devs get on forums presumably garnered from ignoring everyone just long enough that they're grateful to get any kind of response.

I would much rather you actually did something which fixes the thing you screwed up which this doesn't.

Just FYI I got 4 nodes done before the points change and I have ground my way up to a decent score mainly for my alliance and might get through the scaling just thanks to a decent roster for this heroic. This change probably DOES benefit me personally but that's not the point. The fact it helps me doesn't make it fair on everyone else.
  • nyark
    nyark Posts: 66 Match Maker
    I can't wait for these magical repeatable nodes to open up and the inevitable 2nd wave of backlash.

Best-case scenario (for me) backlash: "Hey! I was top 20 for the first 3 days of the event and suddenly I dropped 300 ranks!"

Worst-case scenario (for me) backlash: "Hey! I did those nodes and I'm STILL at rank 500!"
  • nyark wrote:
    I can't wait for these magical repeatable nodes to open up and the inevitable 2nd wave of backlash.

Best-case scenario (for me) backlash: "Hey! I was top 20 for the first 3 days of the event and suddenly I dropped 300 ranks!"

Worst-case scenario (for me) backlash: "Hey! I did those nodes and I'm STILL at rank 500!"

Don't forget: "Hey! Why are all these Daken nodes at 395?"
  • wathombe wrote:
    nyark wrote:

Don't forget: "Hey! Why are all these Daken nodes at 395?"

With the limited roster I don't think it takes Daken to be a problem...
  • As another gesture of goodwill, D3 should:

- Significantly reduce the personal scaling factor for this event.
    - Discontinue community scaling for this event (perhaps forever).
    - Make a commitment to reset everyone's personal scaling once this event is complete.

That would go a long way to rectifying some of the negative consequences of their mistakes.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Sounds like one of our alliance members went from level 300s to below 100s. Wonder if many of the other 300+ people had something similar happen with this latest patch.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Nemek wrote:
    Sounds like one of our alliance members went from level 300s to below 100s. Wonder if many of the other 300+ people had something similar happen with this latest patch.
    Definitely not me... still having "fun" at 160-240 level range
  • Appreciate the notice taken by D3 and the action that followed.
  • I like the change !!

Alliance Top 150 is a good thing.

Thanks

Fipsy
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Thank you. The communication on this issue is greatly appreciated.