Suggestion: Fire Your Level Creator

Options
2»

Comments

• palenoue wrote:
    Humphrey wrote:
    So, yeah, this kind of attitude really gets under my skin.

What attitude is that? What post from this team has said they're not interested in your input and suggestions because you can't code? I think you're projecting your past experience and preferences, and even the attitudes of other players on these boards, onto the developers of this game.

I've been playing this game a while and it's got the most responsive dev team I've ever seen. The frequency and quality of updates is quite impressive, and a very large proportion of changes are in direct responses to suggestions and requests made on these boards. Obviously not all are - some are made in what they see as the best long term interests of the game, and many are probably made in order to squeeze as much money out of us as they can without driving us away (the game was created in order to make money, after all).

Please keep in mind that decisions that ruin the game for you improve the game for others. Fun is subjective, preferences are personal, and the change that causes you to tell your friends not to play might cause other people to convince their friends to check it out. The change that makes me uninstall might drive some guy to spend an extra $20 on consumables. In the end they may come up with a game that I love dearly but that others don't and it fades away. They may come up with a balance I have no interest in and neither does anyone else and it fades away. They may tweak it to the point where I'm not interested, but others pour in money hand over fist and they're whistling all the way to the bank. Nobody - including you - knows 100% which direction any changes will push things.

Please remember that you might disagree with the decisions they make, their design philosophy, their f2p/p2w approach, and even their game design. I certainly have my issues with the game, and in fact I'm not sure if I'm going to keep playing it or not. But failure to agree with you or me does not make someone a moron, or automatically mean they have an attitude. When someone disagrees with you, they may be making a mistake - or you might! Only time will tell, as the game thrives or whithers.

Most of all, it's worth pointing out that an abrasive attitude, rude statements, hostile wording, and generally making a bad name for yourself with the dev team and other players is unlikely to convince anyone of your point of view. Nobody was ever convinced to do something buy a guy on their ignore list.
  • Well said, Bartok.
  • palenoue wrote:
    Humphrey wrote:
    palenoue what's your problem? Are you like this all the time, or is something going on in your life at the moment?

This is the third game in the last few months that could have been great, that I really liked, only to be ruined by bad game mechanics that the creators refuse to change. All three are failing, losing money and getting bad word-of-mouth in gaming forums, yet they still won't listen when players point out the problems. And now I see it happening here, about a game I'd really like to play and build up over a long time. I still play the original Puzzle Quest even after all these years and this Marvel version holds so much promise that's being killed by a dozen fatal wounds.

I have studied games all my life. I'm fascinated how simple rules can make for hours of fun gameplay. With real-world games the creators actually listen to their players and seriously consider rule changes for the next edition or a completely new game. Computer game creators, however, seem to treat non-programmers with disdain, which really annoys me when they ignore serious flaws that most people spot after a few minutes of play. Just look at how they are incapable of letting us know about upcoming patches until after they release it, as if giving us advance warning (so we can give them feedback) is beneath them. Who has a bad attitude now?

I have been trying to get into the mobile gaming business but since I'm not a programmer nobody will talk to me. Yet they keep hiring programmers who haven't a clue on how to design games properly and they crank out flawed games that they refuse to alter, as if the code were carved in steel and immutable. So, yeah, this kind of attitude really gets under my skin.

you sound like a sour grapes game dev
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    palenoue wrote:
    I have been trying to get into the mobile gaming business but since I'm not a programmer nobody will talk to me. Yet they keep hiring programmers who haven't a clue on how to design games properly and they crank out flawed games that they refuse to alter, as if the code were carved in steel and immutable. So, yeah, this kind of attitude really gets under my skin.

he'd need some form of job experience for that title
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Puritas wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    palenoue wrote:

he'd need some form of job experience for that title

I believe the term "wannabe" applies here.
  • palenoue wrote:
    I bring in a 1-star ten level, the opponent is a 1-star twelve level. I bring in a 4-star 80 level against the same opponent, it's now a 3-star 110 level.

I don't get it. palenoue, are you for real or just a forum troll?

You complain in seveeral threads (how many nw, 4, 5?), how "un-fun" and "impossible" the game is, and how "useless" recruit tokens are, and yet you have a level 80 4-star?!

Clearly either:
    A) you've been playing the game a long time despite alegedly hating it
    B) you've had some lucky recruit pulls
    C) you've done well in some tournaments
    D) you've over-exaggerating everthing you say
    E) all of the above
  • MrMeer wrote:
    palenoue wrote:
    I bring in a 1-star ten level, the opponent is a 1-star twelve level. I bring in a 4-star 80 level against the same opponent, it's now a 3-star 110 level.

I don't get it. palenoue, are you for real or just a forum troll?

You complain in seveeral threads (how many nw, 4, 5?), how "un-fun" and "impossible" the game is, and how "useless" recruit tokens are, and yet you have a level 80 4-star?!

Clearly either:
    A) you've been playing the game a long time despite alegedly hating it
    B) you've had some lucky recruit pulls
    C) you've done well in some tournaments
    D) you've over-exaggerating everthing you say
    E) all of the above

I think the 4-star comment is meant to be a representation of the fact that the "villains" could be leveled to match the player.

That being said it would never realistically work. If I bring in a joke team of 1-stars that are around level 10 to fight the bad guy the game would have to give you an extremely low set of points for the sake how simple the mission is. Whereas somebody who plays with a bunch of 3-stars would get massive points for having to "do more".

The same way palenouse has complained in the past about a desire to fight only opponents in the pvp that shared similar characters which also wouldn't work. Since again you'd be forced to hand out less points to somebody with the weaker team in the same bracket as somebody who is using a higher star/level team. And even if they limited a set of specific brackets to the newbies to play in who wouldn't have to deal with a lvl 85 Thor only a couple would get the good prizes and everybody would be crying foul.