Backup to Facebook with new update (iPad 1)

Options
I have an iPad 1 so I can't update to the new version so I'd like to continue playing on my phone. When I start the app on the iPad an update message locks the splash screen so that I can't click the icon to get to the backup to facebook option.

I don't mind not being able to play on the old ipad, I'm due for an upgrade anyway, but could you please make it so that people in my situation just have access to the Facebook backup button to link our account to move to another device since the App is now locked for us?

I will become a very powerfull evil supervillian IRL if I lose all my progress. I play A LOT.

HELP! THANKS!

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    I have the same problem, hopefully something can be done so we don't have to start all over again. I am sure there are more players with this problem.
  • Unknown
    Options
    I appear to be in the same situation. I installed the app on an android tablet but see no way to move my account over unless I can get past the splashscreen on my Apple device at 5.1.1
  • Unknown
    Options
    They fixed it for me! (But see note at end of this post)

Send a tech support email through the App on your other device. They were able to restore me to my iPhone. But...

If you have hit the restore Facebook button on the new device already trying to restore your account (like I did), DO NOT try to save to Facebook after they restore your account.

I didn't want this to happen again so I tried to link to Facebook and it wiped everything out again. So I sent another tech support issue to see if they can restore me again and also to ask if there is a way to save to Facebook with the new device without wiping everything out again.

I'll post when I hear back from them and the save to Facebook issue. But for now, you can just send them support issue and they should be able to restore you so that you can continue playing with your account on another device.