The game simply doesn't open.

Options
So, I didn't see this bug on the list, thought I would create a thread about it.

Since the last update, the game doesn't work, at all. I was able to open it a couple times, but since then, I guess my phone just gave up on it. The app starts loading (the screen fades to black, and sometimes I get the red thingie with the percentage), but then it just shuts down.

I'm running a Razr Maxx with CyanogenMod on it, based on Android 4.3.1, and I can provide you guys with any logs you need. My main issue is that I was in day almost-40 on the daily rewards, and I don't want to lose my progress.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• I'm having exactly the same problem. It loads to 4%, bounces back to 0 then says cannot link to server and won't load. This happened after the most recent update. I don't want to lose my data because i actually bought some coins!
  • majormeow wrote:
    I'm running a Razr Maxx with CyanogenMod on it, based on Android 4.3.1, and I can provide you guys with any logs you need. My main issue is that I was in day almost-40 on the daily rewards, and I don't want to lose my progress.

Whereas I cannot help you with your main problem, the least I can do is calm your nerves a little bit. In MPQ daily reward system works bit differently than in most games, the rewards do not revert to day 1 if you miss a day, two or seven icon_e_smile.gif
  • Will I lose all my data if I uninstall and reinstall the game on the same device?
  • lord_hades wrote:
    Will I lose all my data if I uninstall and reinstall the game on the same device?

Yes, unless you link it to Facebook account.
  • Not sure if I have linked it. I just remember I was logged in so that every time I got a reward, I was sending it to friends via Facebook too. Have I already linked it?
  • lord_hades wrote:
    Not sure if I have linked it. I just remember I was logged in so that every time I got a reward, I was sending it to friends via Facebook too. Have I already linked it?

Since you can send gifts to Facebook friends I would assume it's connected. But to be sure go to first screen (with light in Iron Man's palm). In top right corner you have Settings button, click it and there you can see whether you are or not connected to Facebook.
  • LOL - thanks for the tip, but I can't even get to that screen at the moment. I get the loading page but can't get to the first screen.

*sigh* Hope one of the developers sees this thread and responds. I don't mind losing the data - I can rebuild the characters, but I will need a refund for the coins I bought that I can no longer access.
  • lord_hades wrote:
    LOL - thanks for the tip, but I can't even get to that screen at the moment. I get the loading page but can't get to the first screen.

That was stupid of me icon_redface.gif I forgot you can't access the game at all.
    lord_hades wrote:
    *sigh* Hope one of the developers sees this thread and responds. I don't mind losing the data - I can rebuild the characters, but I will need a refund for the coins I bought that I can no longer access.

You just reminded me one thing. As long as you can provide support with your PVP name they can restore the data for you, it might take longer than simply reconnecting to FB, but totally available option.
  • Just sent an SOS email to the developers and put in my PVP name and facebook account as you suggested.

Gees, this sucks. I hope this gets fixed by the weekend.
  • Shikao wrote:
    majormeow wrote:

Whereas I cannot help you with your main problem, the least I can do is calm your nerves a little bit. In MPQ daily reward system works bit differently than in most games, the rewards do not revert to day 1 if you miss a day, two or seven icon_e_smile.gif

Oh, that's really nice to know! Thanks for the info!
  • lord_hades wrote:
    I'm having exactly the same problem. It loads to 4%, bounces back to 0 then says cannot link to server and won't load. This happened after the most recent update. I don't want to lose my data because i actually bought some coins!

I ran into something similar today. (Android 4.2.2, Samsung Tab 10.1)

On startup, after loading for a while (with the percent indicator), it went to the "Comm Link Disrupted" screen. I'd cancel the pop-up (using the Android's Back button) and get stuck on a black screen with the spinning red logo. At this time, other apps were still connecting to the Internet without a problem, so I assumed it was just MPQ failing to connect.

I tried re-starting the application (and even the tablet) a couple of times to see if that helped, but no luck.

Finally, I just decided to wait it out, and after 5-10 minutes it finished loading and I was able to access the game. It seems (to me) that it was actually loading behind the scenes, despite it looking like it was still in a "connection disrupted" state. (For what it's worth, I would have expected it to revert to the loading screen with the percentages if it had resumed loading.)

So the lesson in this case may be to just wait it out. Although, since the thread creator says his application crashed, it sounds like that might be a different problem...