The Hunt

New event, Enters the punisher icon_e_smile.gif

Have to love that red skill.

Comments

• 10 day event icon_mad.gif

The good thing it is seems like its a do it at your own pace sort of thing. So I can start 8 days from now lol.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Dang, his skills look pretty sweet from the descriptions. Low AP, so curious to see what the damage will top out at, but everything is very damage oriented.
  • 10 day event icon_mad.gif

The good thing it is seems like its a do it at your own pace sort of thing. So I can start 8 days from now lol.
    I'd love to hear feedback on this from IceIX.
  • somebody figure out the point algorithm lol
  • 30,000 points max progress reward?!?! I hope rubberbanding is in effect. Also... making me chose between a cool new cover or the **Wolverine covers that I need. Furthermore, if I want those Wolverine covers, I may have to pass on some of the progress rewards in order to land in the right place. gah!
  • Nemek
    JohnduBois wrote:
    10 day event icon_mad.gif

I'd love to hear feedback on this from IceIX.

The 'Alert! Bases may be attacked again.' message makes it seem like there will be resets of some sort.

Sometimes, I'd rather we not know ahead of time and have to 'figure it out' as we go. Adds a little bit of mystery to it all.
  • So what's everyone's go to team?

Thor, IM40 and Hawkeye for environmental tiles? Widow for her tile destruction abilities? Someone not buffed? (Original Widow, Wolvie, or Cap perhaps)?

EDIT: Okay I'm at work so I can't play much but this new event is pretty cool not gonna lie
  • I'm going Rag/Wolvie/Spidey. Easy mode. When I can't use Rag, then I'll probably switch in IM 40.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    Once you unlock the new areas they'll come up for a while, expire when listed, then come back again after a bit. So it's still something you want to play whenever possible on each iteration of that base defense.
  • Ranzera wrote:
    I'm going Rag/Wolvie/Spidey. Easy mode. When I can't use Rag, then I'll probably switch in IM 40.

Ah yeah fair enough. I still haven't found a single Rag cover and my spidey only has one yellow.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Once you unlock the new areas they'll come up for a while, expire when listed, then come back again after a bit. So it's still something you want to play whenever possible on each iteration of that base defense.

Is there a bonus for rushing to play them, or as long as you play them during the listed time (looks like a day and a half) you're good?
  • What's the refresh rate on missions and now many repeatables per refresh cycle?
  • Where are you guys seeing Punisher's details?!?!?!?!?!???!??
  • Where are you guys seeing Punisher's details?!?!?!?!?!???!??

Click on his cover when you look at the event rewards
  • Man. When do I go in to avoid all the people who do nothing but grind all day.

I was thinking maybe going in 2 whole days into the event. Watcha guys think?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,312 Site Admin
    jozier wrote:
    Is there a bonus for rushing to play them, or as long as you play them during the listed time (looks like a day and a half) you're good?
    The rubber banding effect (which we've tweaked again to cut down on the leapfrogging that we saw in the last Heroic) makes it so that you can catch up to the leaders if you don't play right away, but that it'll probably take more plays to actually get ahead of them in comparison. Conversely, if you play at second 1 and don't bother for the next day and a half, others will likely overtake you.
  • Nemek
    Sooty wrote:
    Man. When do I go in to avoid all the people who do nothing but grind all day.

I was thinking maybe going in 2 whole days into the event. Watcha guys think?

Going in late for PvE events generally means that you miss out on a bunch of rewards. For me, the ISO/HP rewards are worth joining during the first timeframe (whatever that is), so I don't miss any iteration of the missions.

Going in later does increase your chances of placing well at the end, but there is still the risk that 3 other people are doing the same thing.
  • The Punisher looks awesome! I needed something to fill in that red/green AP hole. JK, I really do think he sounds awesome. Plus, with a black offensive ability, it will give you a lot of new options when choosing your team. I can't wait for the leveled stats.
  • @IceX

What's the refresh rate on the missions? Is it regular intervals?
  • The last mission on the Alaska board requires you to have Invisible Woman or you can't fight.

Not cool for those of us who didn't place high enough in the Iso8 event...