Lightning Rounds - Heroes

Options
So it's been what? 6? 7? weeks of Villain Lightning rounds and I am quite sure I am not the only one who is bit tired of them. I think we need somehow new mid-week event and since completely new feature would most likely take too long to develop, I came up with idea for slightly different rounds.

Heroes
The featured heroes:
  • Spider-man (Bag-man)
  • Black Widow (Original)
  • Hawkeye (Modern)
  • Magneto (Marvel NOW)
  • Wolverine (Astonishing X-men)

A buff of 80-100% would suffice, if any at all.

It's been voiced many times that current Villain rounds are not newbies friendly (and even advanced players often struggle in them). With lesser/no buff it would be easier for new players to compete even with just round-given character and bunch of starting characters. It also provides more natural progression from one stars to two stars instead of straight away to three stars.

Top players would do what many of them do now anyway - farm bit iso and leave, just bit more players would do this then icon_e_wink.gif

I reckon we could have 3 of these till the end of end and after New Year have Heroes and Villains rounds interchangeably every week.

Also it doesn't necessarily have to be the 5 listed characters by me, the main point is to have something new for mid-week and more oriented towards new players.

Comments

• astonishing wolverine buff? are you crazy?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    I'd be surprised if we didn't see new Lightning rounds in the near future. I'd be curious to see if people will still play them with the same fervor if all of the characters aren't 3 stars, though...there are only a couple of 3 star characters that are not in the current lightning rounds.
  • Nemek wrote:
    I'd be surprised if we didn't see new Lightning rounds in the near future. I'd be curious to see if people will still play them with the same fervor if all of the characters aren't 3 stars, though...there are only a couple of 3 star characters that are not in the current lightning rounds.

It'd be for the newer players!
  • In general I think it's a great idea. Mix it up some.

Or both at once...
  • OK, so from just skimming this thread, I think the take-home lesson I'm getting here is that we all want a buffed Bag-Man tourney icon_e_biggrin.gif

+5000% Bag-Man! Make it so! icon_lol.gif
  • buffed bag-man for a chance to win more bag man covers!
  • Someone still needs more bag man covers? Judging by all the moaning, I thought everyone had already gotten enough of him from tokens.
  • surprisingly haven't maxed out bagman...haha, but i'm ok with not maxing him out. i do need magneto now tho!
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    astonishing wolverine buff? are you crazy?

It can't be worse than 200% buffed Rag...
    fatcatfan wrote:
    Someone still needs more bag man covers? Judging by all the moaning, I thought everyone had already gotten enough of him from tokens.

The focus of these round would be newer players, so they wouldn't rather have him maxed out.
    forgrim wrote:
    surprisingly haven't maxed out bagman...haha, but i'm ok with not maxing him out. i do need magneto now tho!

Haha, same here icon_e_biggrin.gif Though I prefer Spidey right now icon_razz.gif