*** Loki (Dark Reign) ***

Comments

• Haha Phaser, looks like there are more Loki fans than you thought icon_e_wink.gif
  • Here is an idea which would add that third power but not be over-used.

Level 1 green - 30 AP - Loki becomes a half health "illusion/mirror image" of an enemy unit.

One less AP cost per level down to 25 AP at 5 covers. Maybe increase the health of disguised Loki with more covers 75% at Level 5?.

A late game ability that you wouldn't use very often but a potential game changer. And it could be really funny in PvE where you would be able to play as a goon icon_razz.gif

EDIT: I like the idea of Loki as is, although a slightly cheaper Trickery would be nice. I decided to ignore everyone saying he is bad and I dumped 25K ISO into him. I want to have an anti-Daken hero. More heroes are being given strike/defense tile abilities (Psylocke/Black Panther/etc.) and Loki seems like the most fun way to deal with these threats.
  • Does anyone else find Loki anyone to play against? I'm not sure if he is responsible for it, but I get quite a few defensive wins with him, the hood and a powered up character
  • I find Loki annoying to play against. His purple power drives me nuts and seems sure to generate multiple matches. And it's relatively cheap, so it's very hard to prevent.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Can anyone tell me at what character level Loki's purple or black tile damage exceeds OBWs? OBW at 85 has 50 purple, 39 black. I currently have Loki at 78 with a soft cap of 89, but don't want to level him too high to where he takes tiles from her. He currently has 42 for purple, 37 for black.

Or is this even a legit concern?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    farlus wrote:
    Can anyone tell me at what character level Loki's purple or black tile damage exceeds OBWs? OBW at 85 has 50 purple, 39 black. I currently have Loki at 78 with a soft cap of 89, but don't want to level him too high to where he takes tiles from her. He currently has 42 for purple, 37 for black.

Or is this even a legit concern?

I can't tell you when he passes OBW, but my max-lvl (115) Loki does 57 purple damage and 51 black damage.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Buff loki please
  • How about changing Trickery so if there are no protect tiles to convert to strike tiles, it creates a strike tile, and the same with strike -> protect? That way it'd always be useful, and the tiles could be pretty strong given how expensive it is (and how few HP he has).

For green, my fantasy would be:
    1) Turn enemy attack tiles into (or just create) regen tiles that heal him or the whole team each turn. It'd fit with Trickery but would maybe be OP, depending on how much healing it did. Also not sure it's very in-character.
    or
    2) Turn X basic color tiles into countdown tiles that work like the Human Torch's green (activate each turn and stay around forever) that steal one AP of their color. Stealing random AP each turn is really Loki-ish. You might have to limit it somehow (e.g. have it max at 3 tiles, level 2 and 4 just reduce its cost) because it's a pretty powerful effect.

I like Loki, and he has so few HP that a lot can be done with him without making him OP. I hope he gets some love soon.
  • What about creating a countdown tile that causes all of the enemy's matches to generate AP for your team instead of theirs until the countdown expires? Maybe 2-3 turns?
  • Teke184 wrote:
    Toxicadam wrote:
    This would probably be impossible given the architecture of the UI, but an ability that scrambles the colors needed to launch abilities would be pretty wild. If you find yourself deficient in a certain color, or your enemy overloaded in a color they need .. you can have Loki scramble them and take your chances.

A way to pull off the same effect would be to change the color of the tiles already collected by the other player.

Example - Red becomes Green, Green becomes Yellow, Yellow becomes Blue, Blue becomes Purple, Purple becomes Black, Black becomes Red.

This sounds really cool. Although the AI would most likely be really bad at using this ability appropriately.. So it might help Loki's offence but not pvp defence.
  • Honestly given that Loki is also a Frost Giant I would personally love to see that side of his character be represented. In a clever or maniacal way of course. Like 6 Blue Loki freezes his opponent stunning them for a turn and creating a blue protect tile strength x
  • BUFF LOKI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gificon_twisted.gif

or, you know.. don't.
  • Phaserhawk
    Hold on!!!!

We know Lazy Daken is coming out.

Now we get Loki as a reward in Army of One from 04/30-05/02

OMG, could that mean they are going to be possibly thinking about buffing/adding a third skill? Loki would be great counterplay to Lazy Daken, oh D3 please make it so.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Hold on!!!!

We know Lazy Daken is coming out.

Now we get Loki as a reward in Army of One from 04/30-05/02

OMG, could that mean they are going to be possibly thinking about buffing/adding a third skill? Loki would be great counterplay to Lazy Daken, oh D3 please make it so.

Following Army of One we'll get a Loki tournament with Lazy Daken as the prize. Then we'll get a Lazy Daken tournament with Loki's 3rd ability as the alliance prize.
    Seems reasonable, right? icon_lol.gif
  • Dormammu wrote:
    Following Army of One we'll get a Loki tournament with Lazy Daken as the prize. Then we'll get a Lazy Daken tournament with Loki's 3rd ability as the alliance prize.
    Seems reasonable, right? icon_lol.gif

And then we wake up. And all we see is even more levels added to opponents in the ongoing PVE.
  • Phaserhawk
    A decent Loki would have actually been helpful in the Falcon Hunt, being able to deal with all those Daken strike tiles would have been nice. I strongly beleive Loki if giving a third skill could seriously fix some of our PvE issues.
  • A simple change would be to make his Purple...which swaps tiles up to 32 tiles. That anytime during the swap a 3/4/5 match happens...it counts as a match. The tiles currently only "match" at the very end of the swapping. Not during. That could cause for some very good cascades and damage.
  • MajinDavid
    MajinDavid Posts: 234 Tile Toppler
    Buff his purple skill to do dmg which switching like cmags. Like 15 dmg per swap.
  • buddy2034
    buddy2034 Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    Posted in the Sim event thread, but I'll ask here too. Does trickery have a limit to tiles affected? I only got about half of Falcon's protect tiles and wolvie's strike tiles to convert and was wondering if it was an error or if I can only change so many. Thanks for any insight.
  • So in this current Loki tournament, there's a graphic of Loki that I am not familiar with on the node selection screen.

Could this be the yet-to-be-used graphic intended for his third ability? Is that third ability incoming?