Best use of ingame purchases.

Options
Dninot
Dninot Posts: 214
edited October 2013 in MPQ General Discussion
I love this game and I want to put my money where my mouth is. Whattayou guys think is the best way for me to plunk down my cash?

Comments

• Personally I'm holding off on getting anything but cover space ATM.

With the 1* and 2* recruitment coins coming frequently, I'm not as tempted to use my HP for cover draws, but I need a place to store them.

Other than that... ISO-8, ISO-8, ISO-8!!! If you have any sort of decent characters, this will get your levels up to par.

Oh! I'd probably also use the HP to level the powers of any 3* characters or the 4* Wolverine if I needed to. The 3* and 4* draws are pretty rare indeed.
  • Dninot wrote:
    I love this game and I want to put my money where my mouth is. Whattayou guys think is the best way for me to plunk down my cash?

Currently I have 17 covers (with no dupes) so I need way more ISO than HP so I have yet to pay for HP. Once I start powering up my 3 & 4 star covers I may change my tune but for now ISO is king.

Also I've already spent as much money as I can (around $40) until stuff goes on sale again. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dninot
    Options
    hogunner, I didn't notice when things went on sale. How much was the discount?
  • Dninot wrote:
    hogunner, I didn't notice when things went on sale. How much was the discount?

It was actually more of a bonus than a sale if memory serves (the prices stayed the same but each tier got progressively more of a bonus of whichever resource it was). I want to say it was around 20% but I can't remember for sure. That was my first purchase ($4.99) but my other purchases were after the sale which is why I'm waiting for the next one. It's been 2 weeks (?) since the last sale so I'm hoping it won't be very long until the next one. With ISO being in such high demand after the last patch, I was kind of hoping they'd roll out another sale soon after (fingers crossed).
  • Dninot
    Options
    I don't really feel the need to buy Iso because grinding in the tournaments will get me there. I'm maxed out on cover space though (15) and any cover tokens I get will need some space.
  • Dninot wrote:
    I don't really feel the need to buy Iso because grinding in the tournaments will get me there. I'm maxed out on cover space though (15) and any cover tokens I get will need some space.

Yeah I only use HP for cover slots now. I am going to need even more soon with all these free recruit tokens and new covers popping up. icon_e_smile.gif

PS. I like your sig but which Wolverine are you referring to? 4 star or 2 star? icon_e_wink.gif
  • Dninot
    Options
    I WISH it was a 4 star.
  • I have a 4 star wolverine...it can take a hit, but I find myself hardly ever using it because hes skills right now are 2/1/0 so any other 2/3 star deals more damage than him. Still a nice backup with my heavy hitters are recovering
  • There was a sale during the New York Comic Con, I believe it was 25% bonus HP/ISO for your buck.

First of all, you should probably expand your cover slots as others have suggested. As of right now I believe there are 24 different characters you can recruit, 25 once the 3-star Iron Man comes out. Don't waste your HP on upgrading 1 or 2 star covers. Use it on 3-star covers if you have a good one, but it's pretty expensive (1250 per level). If you don't really have any 3-star covers now's probably a good time to snatch a few with the heroes/villains sale. It'll be a bit easier to get what you're looking for since they basically divided the regular 150HP draws into 2 categories.. although I have a feeling you'll be getting lots of Magneto (Marvel NOW!), Thor, Hawkeye, and Dakens
  • Dninot
    Options
    Well I went and splurged and got myself some HP.

Expanded my hero slots and bought a bunch of covers. Unfortunately I got a few bag head spidermans, not a big fan of that. Upgraded my Thor and Cap a few times, so that's nice.

Still have a bit to spare, gonna dole it out wisely depending what comes out and when.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    If you don't really have any 3-star covers now's probably a good time to snatch a few with the heroes/villains sale. It'll be a bit easier to get what you're looking for since they basically divided the regular 150HP draws into 2 categories.. although I have a feeling you'll be getting lots of Magneto (Marvel NOW!), Thor, Hawkeye, and Dakens

It does say (under the Heroes one) "High chance of Captain America and Spider-Man" for whatever that is worth. icon_e_smile.gif
  • hogunner wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:
    If you don't really have any 3-star covers now's probably a good time to snatch a few with the heroes/villains sale. It'll be a bit easier to get what you're looking for since they basically divided the regular 150HP draws into 2 categories.. although I have a feeling you'll be getting lots of Magneto (Marvel NOW!), Thor, Hawkeye, and Dakens

It does say (under the Heroes one) "High chance of Captain America and Spider-Man" for whatever that is worth. icon_e_smile.gif

Yeah, I have yet to spend anything on those packs but with the recent events, Spider Man and Captain America covers are abundant if you can rank well. I've actually sold 2 Yellow Captain Americas already since I don't plan on maxing out the yellow skill.
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    hogunner wrote:
    ZzzWolph wrote:

Yeah, I have yet to spend anything on those packs but with the recent events, Spider Man and Captain America covers are abundant if you can rank well. I've actually sold 2 Yellow Captain Americas already since I don't plan on maxing out the yellow skill.

The yellow defense skill is amazing in the Avenger's tournament with his current +150%. Mine is level 2 and with my lvl 31 Cpt, it does something like 63 points of defense each (and there are 3 of them). If you can keep them on the board you can basically negate every attach except criticals & power attacks; still it takes a ton of AP to use so I usually just use Iron Man's instead.
  • hogunner wrote:
    The yellow defense skill is amazing in the Avenger's tournament with his current +150%. Mine is level 2 and with my lvl 31 Cpt, it does something like 63 points of defense each (and there are 3 of them). If you can keep them on the board you can basically negate every attach except criticals & power attacks; still it takes a ton of AP to use so I usually just use Iron Man's instead.

Yeah, but in the long run I don't see it being that useful, especially with the high cost. Also, I'm not a big fan of putting tiles on the board. I like big combos and destroying everything too much for that skill to be of use to me. Perhaps if you could CHOOSE the tiles it would be worth it, otherwise it's too risky for 19 AP
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

Yeah, but in the long run I don't see it being that useful, especially with the high cost. Also, I'm not a big fan of putting tiles on the board. I like big combos and destroying everything too much for that skill to be of use to me. Perhaps if you could CHOOSE the tiles it would be worth it, otherwise it's too risky for 19 AP

Um...you can choose the tiles for all of Cpt.'s abilities. icon_e_smile.gif When I use his yellow I usually use 1-2 of his yellows to make a critical and then stash the other yellow some place is not likely to easily be matched. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • hogunner wrote:

Um...you can choose the tiles for all of Cpt.'s abilities. icon_e_smile.gif When I use his yellow I usually use 1-2 of his yellows to make a critical and then stash the other yellow some place is not likely to easily be matched. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Oh I didn't realize that. Haven't used Cap at all but now it seems I'm forced to for the new tourney. ****. I shouldn't have sold those yellow covers -_-
  • ZzzWolph wrote:
    hogunner wrote:

Oh I didn't realize that. Haven't used Cap at all but now it seems I'm forced to for the new tourney. ****. I shouldn't have sold those yellow covers -_-

Omg, are you me? I have the worst seller's regret after I find out that we need him for the tourney D: I know exactly how you feel