** Thor (Marvel NOW!) ** [PRE 2014-01]

[anchor=thor2]Thor (Marvel NOW!)[/anchor]
2 Star Rarity (Uncommon) Discussion link
At Max Level: HP: 5880 Tile damage: 49/55/10/09/43/11/3.5
    Mjolnir’s Might - Red 8 AP
    Thor brings his hammer down on the enemy, dealing 44 damage. The magical energies of his hammer begin to charge his next strike, adding 3 Yellow tiles to the board.
      Level 2: Deals 62 damage. Level 3: Deals 79 damage. Level 4: Deals 97 damage. Level 5: Deals 114 damage.
    Max Level: 1115 damage
      Thunder Strike - Yellow 12 AP
      A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the target, dealing 81 damage. A storm is brewing; 4 Green tiles are added to the board.
        Level 2: 5 Green tiles. Level 3: 6 Green tiles. Level 4: 7 Green tiles. Level 5: 9 Green tiles.
      Max Level: Deals 796 damage and Converting 9 tiles to green.
        Call The Storm - Green 14 AP
        Thor summons a violent storm to smite the enemy. The rage of the heavens rains down on the battlefield, dealing 125 damage to the target and 63 damage to other enemies.
          Level 2: Deals 150 damage to target, 76 damage to other enemies. Level 3: Deals 175 damage to target, 88 damage to other enemies. Level 4: Deals 200 damage to target, 101 damage to other enemies. Level 5: Deals 225 damage to target, 113 damage to other enemies.
        Max Level: Deals 2205 to target and 1103 to other enemies.

Original Post:
        Previously:
          Mjolnir’s Might - Red 8 AP
          Thor brings his hammer down on the enemy, dealing 44 damage. The magical energies of his hammer begin to charge his next strike, adding 3 Yellow tiles to the board.
          Level Upgrades
            Level 2: Deals 62 damage. Level 3: Deals 79 damage. Level 4: Deals 97 damage. Level 5: Deals 114 damage.
          Max Level: 1011 damage
            Thunder Strike - Yellow 12 AP
            A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the target, dealing 81 damage. A storm is brewing; 4 Green tiles are added to the board.
            Level Upgrades
              Level 2: 5 Green tiles. Level 3: 6 Green tiles. Level 4: 7 Green tiles. Level 5: 9 Green tiles.
            Max Level: Deals 723 damage and Converting 9 tiles to green.
              Call The Storm - Green 14 AP
              Thor summons a violent storm to smite the enemy. The rage of the heavens rains down on the battlefield, dealing 125 damage to the target and 63 damage to other enemies.
              Level Upgrades
                Level 2: Deals 150 damage to target, 76 damage to other enemies. Level 3: Deals 175 damage to target, 88 damage to other enemies. Level 4: Deals 200 damage to target, 101 damage to other enemies. Level 5: Deals 225 damage to target, 113 damage to other enemies.
              Max Level: Deals 2003 damage to target and 1001 damage to others.

Earlier:
                Mjolnir’s Might - Red 10 AP
                Thor brings his hammer down on the enemy, dealing 125 damage. The magical energies of his hammer begin to charge his next strike, adding 5 Yellow tiles to the board.
                Level Upgrades
                  Level 2: Costs 1 AP less Level 3: Costs 1 AP less Level 4: Costs 1 AP less Level 5: Costs 1 AP less
                Max Level: Deals 1113 damage
                  Thunder Strike - Yellow 15 AP
                  A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the target, dealing 250 damage. A storm is brewing; 5 Green tiles are added to the board.
                  Level Upgrades
                    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less Level 3: Costs 1 AP less Level 4: Costs 1 AP less Level 5: Costs 1 AP less
                  Max Level: Deals 2225 damage
                    Call The Storm - Green 17 AP
                    Level Upgrades
                    Max Level: Deals 1113 damage to target and 556 damage to others.

Original Post:
                    Archjojo wrote:
                    16-10-13%2B-%2B116-10-13%2B-%2B1

** Thor, Marvel Now! - uncommon character

10 AP - Mjolnir's Might - at lvl 5: costs -1AP

Thor brings his hammer down on the enemy, doing 100 damage. The magical energies of his hammer begin to charge hid next strike, adding 5 Yellow tiles to the board

Nice dmg. And the yellow tiles can trigger combo's doing damage and generating AP.

15 AP - Thunder Strike - at lvl 5 costs -1 AP

A lightning bolt pierces the sky and rips into the target, dealing 200 damage. A storm is brewing; 5 green tiles are added to the board.

Gonna check it out.

17 AP - Call The Storm - at lvl 5: costs -1 AP

Thor summons a violent storm to smite the enemy. The rage of the heavens rains down on the battlefield, dealing 100 damage to the target and 50 damage to other enemies.

Nice damage and ya hit the rest of the opponents too. Takes a while to set up though

Comments

• From what I understand star indicate the strength of the characters. So where in all this is Thor. It is stronger than Magneto, loki (all are stronger than him;), black widow, in my opinion even 4 star volverine... It has the largest number of "good" offensive skills, has a large amount of hp, great statistics for individual gems.
                      All in one.
                      90% of players is thor+smth.
                      It look like puzzle quest thor legend;]
                    • What do you think would be a better Thor build? 5/5/3 or 5/4/4? 5 red is a must, because 6AP is just two matches, 4 yellow would be 12AP which is 4 matches. The decision comes with the green power - lvl 3 (15AP). My Thor is currently 3/2/3, and I have one spare green cover. Maybe I should just use it because Thor covers are not so easily obtainable through missions?
                    • I personally want him to be 5/5/3 because the yellow skill does crazy amounts of damage and I really like him together with storm classic and she has better ae and better Green Power. His green ae in general is not that strong, for example hawkeye modern had also now a better one. All in all I see thor as a single target nuke tank
                    • I went for 4/5/4, but with retrospect would have gone for 5/5/3.

Some max level stats for Thor, with a 4/5/4 build:

2* Uncommon Character
                      Level 85

HP 5340

Damage
                      45 Yellow
                      50 Red
                      10 Blue
                      39 Green
                      9 Pink
                      11 Black

3.5x Multiplier
                      3 Environment Tile

Mjolnir's Might
                      1113 damage to target, adds 5 yellow tiles

Thunder Strike
                      2225 damage to target, adds 5 green tiles

Call The Storm
                      1113 damage to target, 556 to their allies
                    • I am angry about this character. I don't play it, and he is in 90% of the teams I face .

Why does a lvl 40 Thor can manage 2 times to destroy my whole team of characters lvl 60, 60, and 40.... I know maybe I had bad luck... But I don't get it and I won't fight against him in tournaments, I'll pass m'y turn....
                    • ds108j wrote:
                      I am angry about this character. I don't play it, and he is in 90% of the teams I face .

Why does a lvl 40 Thor can manage 2 times to destroy my whole team of characters lvl 60, 60, and 40.... I know maybe I had bad luck... But I don't get it and I won't fight against him in tournaments, I'll pass m'y turn....

He's in 90% of teams because he's bad-****. His red attack hits hard for low AP and generates yellow tiles, (hopefully) leading to his devistating yellow attack which generates green tiles, (hopefully) leading to his green power which simply cleans up whatever few health points any enemies might be lucky enough to still possess. His only rival for sheer devistation is Ragnarok.

You can build a team where Thor is the only one doing any damage, and the other two are simply there to support him with healing or AP-generating skills. I like to pair him with Black Widow (3*) for her purple attack, which generates a s#!t-ton of green AP and Spider-Man (3*) for his stun/healing.
                    • one of the best characters in the game right now
                    • Thor no longer gets stronger special attacks upon levelling up. Could it be part of the change where you don't heal upon levelling up? He's levelled up 3 times and his red ability still does the same dmg, but he has gotten more hp and normal attacks.
                    • Pretty sure what you are seeing is normal behavior. You will get a bump in another level or two.
                    • I'm not sure how to post pictures here. But my 67 Thor has different (lower) damage than another level 67. I assume it should be equal, since the cards only reduce ap, and don't affect damage. Plus for the last few levels I have not had a bump, i check every level.
                    • If you're comparing to another Thor within the Thor tournament, and checking yours from the training window, they are going to be different. Within the Thor Tournament there is a buff to all of his damage.
                    • I've noticed that thors Red and Yellow ability when turning tiles into colors (Yellow for the red ability, green for the yellow ability) will target any tiles including already yellow or green tiles.

For example. I use Thor's Red ability....and 5 random tiles, 2 which are already yellow, get turned yellow. Is that a bug or is it meant to be like that?
                    • I've noticed that thors Red and Yellow ability when turning tiles into colors (Yellow for the red ability, green for the yellow ability) will target any tiles including already yellow or green tiles.

For example. I use Thor's Red ability....and 5 random tiles, 2 which are already yellow, get turned yellow. Is that a bug or is it meant to be like that?

I opened up a subject in the bogs forum about this. They are changing it for when you are adding critical tiles, but they didn't mention a change for thor's ability. I'm guessing they are just leaving it the way it is. It doesn't specifically say that it is changing 5 non yellow tiles to yellow so maybe that is what they intended.
                    • I guess it's not bug and mean to be this way.
                      If not Thor will be too powerful for the game even thought he's a 2* character.

I guess he's the character character that create two different tiles that link to his power.

I was lucky enough to have him in full power stats. icon_twisted.gif
                    • areacode212
                      areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
                      Who are some characters that synergize well with Thor? Someone brought up Loki, because when Thor generates yellow or green tiles but with no matches on that initial strike, you can use Loki's purple to rearrange the board.

I've been using Daken, just for that extra strike damage when I match green tiles.
                    • C-storm and black widow grey suit. Tempest generates red ap, and the purple bw skill generates green like crazy.
                    • Who are some characters that synergize well with Thor? Someone brought up Loki, because when Thor generates yellow or green tiles but with no matches on that initial strike, you can use Loki's purple to rearrange the board.

I've been using Daken, just for that extra strike damage when I match green tiles.

A common tactic that people use is to bring Classic Storm, Thor and a weak character (that is strong in black or purple).

You put the weak character in the way of harm (by making a match). The damage triggers Classic Storm's Tempest ability, which then generates 5 Red AP. Which can be used by Thor.
                    • I use Thor lvl 85 with c-storm lvl 69 and marvel now magneto lvl 38 he's squishy so storm uses her ability and where possible I link purples to generate blue ap for storms are. Seems to work quite well icon_e_smile.gif
                    • mags1587
                      mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
                      Using IM40, Classic Spider-Man, and Thor has been working pretty well for me in the double shot tournament. IM40's recharge gives me blue and red, Spiderman stuns everyone, Thor uses his red power (and generates more yellow for IM40), repeat as necessary and then heal everyone at the end for the next match.
                    • Been playing this game since day 1, and I've come to notice more and more how bloated of a character Thor is, especially for a 2 star.

The main focus of this post is his ability (and to a greater extent rags, but that's a whole other ballgame) to generate tiles in addition to having relatively low cost/high damage abilities and natural tankiness.

If you remove the tile generation, he becomes a bit more balanced. Now, an argument can be made her for his synergy with other characters, but I don't really see that as a synergy more as a bonus effect. There are plenty of combinations out there that don't generate tiles to maintain synergy.

There is now not a single battle that you don't face an 85 Thor, because he really is too good of a character. True, he is the one of the first 2 stars you obtain and level. However, he never drops off even after obtaining other covers, whereas others loss usefulness as you upgrade team comp. Alas, you still always see Thor in nearly every team comp.

His whole build has allowed him to break the 2 star barrier, which does not offer much variety in team composition. Being strong is fine, as any game needs go to characters, but to the degree I have been seeing his usage in Pvp tells me that either he is too powerful to give up for another character, or that other 2 stars are too weak to justify using.
                    This discussion has been closed.