Panhandling

Options
2»

Comments

• Psylocke is not strong enough to carry you through this tournament by herself (though she's a good second wheel). Black Panther is obviously the star of this tournament unless you have a high covered HT, but I think it should be pretty obvious that Black Panther is a very strong character the moment he's out so people should be building him up. Since I put all my resources in BP now I'll have problem building lazy Thor or lazy Cap (assuming lazy Thor is offered on round 2) but that's the breaks. If you don't have BP, save your iso to build up lazy Cap/Thor instead. You can't always have the most ideal characters for a given event.
  • Everybody knows the deal by now, the PVE after a character is introduced they are buffed to the max. D3 even warns you via the news popup every time you open MPQ that a Heroic is up next. Heroics=poor roster choices and ridiculously difficult scaling (which is the real problem, if your opponents scale based on your maxed 2-3 star roster and you don't have access to that roster it is near impossible.) It's made much easier if you prepare for it by winning the new character that will be buffed, which at least 20% will do. Of course D3 wants you to pay them, they deliver great content and do so for free, if you pick up a logan's loonies that helps them out. The bottom line is you don't have to grind an event you aren't prepared for, hit the game up once a day to get your login bonus and enjoy your weekend.
  • bob_irwin wrote:
    Everybody knows the deal by now, the PVE after a character is introduced they are buffed to the max. D3 even warns you via the news popup every time you open MPQ that a Heroic is up next. Heroics=poor roster choices and ridiculously difficult scaling (which is the real problem, if your opponents scale based on your maxed 2-3 star roster and you don't have access to that roster it is near impossible.) It's made much easier if you prepare for it by winning the new character that will be buffed, which at least 20% will do. Of course D3 wants you to pay them, they deliver great content and do so for free, if you pick up a logan's loonies that helps them out. The bottom line is you don't have to grind an event you aren't prepared for, hit the game up once a day to get your login bonus and enjoy your weekend.

I don't think characters that cannot be used in a heroic are factored in for the base scaling. Someone in alliance said there's some guy with a level 230 X-Force at the top of his bracket and he doesn't have a high level HT either, and that'd be almost impossible if a level 230 X-Force counts as 230 for this event.