Shake N Bake Discussion Thread

Options
Dauthi
Dauthi Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
edited April 2014 in MPQ Alliances
Current Members

Expectations of the Alliance:

In order to make sure we our alliance is competitive and active there will be expectations for participating in events. In PVE story events (like Unstable Iso) your point total can be no lower than 15% less than the alliances' average by Sunday morning (the last day of the event). This will ensure everyone is pulling their weight for these events and that we get the very valuable covers these events usually have.

For weekly PVP events (excluding lightning rounds of course) members are expected to participate in those in which the alliance has targeted. An event is targeted when I, or others, feel that the alliance can benefit from pushing that event. This gives members a break from playing every event while ensuring important covers are still obtained. Members are expected to earn at least 250 points in a targeted PVP event.

If expectations are not met, that member will be kicked from the alliance.

Feel free to discuss any of the expectations with me (too strict? too relaxed?), ideas, or anything you feel like on this thread. Make sure to follow this thread by clicking subscribe in the bottom left corner of this thread. The forums will then notify you if someone posts anything here.

Tips

I can't stress this enough, hold all your hero points to expand your roster. Deleting your single stars is up to you, though they are very useful for tanking. However nobody should ever delete 2 stars. Having a diverse roster enables you to use boosted characters for the event, a huge advantage. The amount of 2 and 3 stars in game are growing rapidly so being able to keep everyone in your roster is going to cost a lot of hero points. In an alliance of this size and ability we will be getting all the new heroes on a weekly basis so you are going to need hero points. I am currently paying 500 hero points for new slots in my roster, which is nothing to laugh at.

For PVE events spread time you have for Puzzle Quest between AM and PM. This will maximize the points you get daily. For instance if you have only an hour to spare for the day, play for 30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night. This is because of how the point system is refreshed over time and rubber-banding.

Do not attack others in the alliance, for obvious reasons icon_e_wink.gif

If you want to copy my Shake N Bake signature on these forums feel free to do so and put it on your signature for alliance pride icon_e_biggrin.gif

Future Members

Check this discussion on mid Sunday PST (optimally early, but I like to sleep in) where I will post if there was a cut or was not a cut. I will also be posting in the pinned "Looking for Member" thread. The game allows me to keep applications in game once submitted until you join a different alliance, and I keep them all in case we have to cut somebody.

Alternately you can send me a private message with a listing of your roster and I will mark it as important. When we have an opening I will go through my messages marked important and PM you back that we have an opening, but only if your roster is better than those pending.

Before the end of the weekend event, I will pick the best roster out of current applications pending. Because of this it is probably safer for you to check in on Sundays and submit an application in game so your application stays on file until you join another alliance.

If your forum name is different than your in game name send me a PM too so I can note that in my logs. Thank you icon_e_biggrin.gif

Comments

• Dauthi
    Options
    I'm going to be pushing hard on fearless defenders tonight and should get within at least the top 5. I'm sure we could all use these Hulks. If the alliance falls short, original black widow is still an amazing 2 star pickup for anyone trying to complete her.

Whenever you have time push Unstable ISO over the course of the week. Torch will likely be needed for other PVE events so lets make sure our alliance picks one up. On a side note, writing any character's name forces you to write something silly. April Fools!

He looks like an interesting damage dealing 3 star, I would hate to fight him with my DD since he is all about the attack tiles (they destroy traps). I'm not sure about his black, I'm not a fan of abilities that drain other colors. They are nice to open with but risky to use later on. His green looks fun, and his red in particular looks pretty nice even if it might be a rehash of Thor's. Hopefully it changes or drops cost as you level it. They really need to put a way to see what you get for each level on an ability in game.
  • deadlymike
    deadlymike Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Ok I subscribed, will I be notified through my email?
  • Dauthi
    Options
    deadlymike wrote:
    Ok I subscribed, will I be notified through my email?

If you go to User Control Panel in the top left corner when logged in you can check your method of notifications under Board Settings and Edit Global Settings. I think it is set to email by default. I have it set and it notified me by email of your post.
  • goalbound
    goalbound Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, pleased to be accepted into the alliance. Hoping to make a contribution to the alliance ranking. Let's have fun!
  • deadlymike
    deadlymike Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Man you guys must be killing it. I'm doing what I can with my schedule. In top 200 in my bracket. Gonna try to hit it hard over the weekend.
  • i'm top 12 in Unstable ISO with 30902 point to add to your team. Please invite OutLawRust
  • Dauthi
    Options
    Unfortunately I had to kick nessahcity because he didn't level any characters over the week we have had him. He only had 20,000 points in ISO-8 and everyone should be at least around 30,000 because our average for our alliance is 36700 per person, a solid number. If you are below 36,000 try as best as you can, I know it is really difficult if you didn't pick up 3* captain america though.

We are currently placed 160, so we will all likely get a Human Torch since we are in the top 250 (pre-gratz everyone!). Top 100 only nets us an extra 500 iso, so we only need to maintain our placement until tomorrow. Don't forget to dump some points into "the first avenger" event too when you have time in hopes of getting a grey suit BW. Good luck guys!
  • there y'all are, howdy folks, lock and load, rock and roll, go go go! icon_e_smile.gif
  • i'm a girl by the way, thanks for the warning
  • Dauthi
    Options
    nessahcity wrote:
    i'm a girl by the way, thanks for the warning

I apologize for the assumption of your sex, and if your removal was abrupt. I thought I made it clear when recruiting that I would be removing those who were not progressing, but it is possible I didn't give you that information. We aren't hardcore progression but some is required on a weekly basis.
  • Thanks for letting me join! Lets get some covers!
  • Are you still recruiting? I'm having trouble finding anyone to reply to my messages. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Dauthi
    Options
    dreyat wrote:
    Are you still recruiting? I'm having trouble finding anyone to reply to my messages. icon_e_sad.gif

I already recruited a new member Sunday (yesterday).
  • goalbound
    goalbound Posts: 10
    Options
    How should we handle the Heroics missions? Restricted list means those with rare high lvl chars available will probably do really well. Scaling will probably hit hard and fast, especially in the Hard mode.
  • Dauthi
    Options
    goalbound wrote:
    How should we handle the Heroics missions? Restricted list means those with rare high lvl chars available will probably do really well. Scaling will probably hit hard and fast, especially in the Hard mode.

It's true that those with the needed character will have an easier time gathering points. Getting the average will include many in the alliance who are also having difficulty due to missing a specific character though.

For instance a day or two before unstable ISO ended our average was 36000 points per person, our highest person having around 42,000. This means they would be allowed to have a minimum of around 30,000 points. Everyone met that requirement. By getting people to stick to the general average we can get a more even distribution of work done across any event. I think the 15% buffer should work well by giving leniency towards those who aren't hardcore players. Allowing anyone's point total to drop low at any point during the event and considering only the totals at the end of the event means that they can fully take advantage of rubberbanding on the weekend.

This next PVE event will be a test run to see how well this works. I may increase or decrease the buffer (probably increase if anything).