At how many days played did you first field a 3* team

Options
2»

Comments

• r0cky143 wrote:
    I see where you guys are coming from, and I understand that placing well in tourneys will net you multiple copies of covers (currently 3 in the hollowpoint PVP). But one thing I have noticed is that instead of a tier of 3 covers (1 of each color) they have dropped it to 2 colors and put the 3rd in the Alliance rewards.

Now I am only around 50 days in, but I thought my first few tourneys i played in, they didn't have the alliance reward tier at all.

Because of the current alliance point structure, you are essentially required to join a 15+ team to get that third cover.

So right now I sit with a soon to be 3/3/0 Psylocke and still no black cover.

I am all for alliance rewards and rewarding teams for solid hard work, I just feel the current model is terrible and P2W. Sure each of your team members must play well, but you autowin just by paying for extra slots in your alliance.

You don't need a 15+ team just to get the cover. You can do it with a team of 5.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Options
    davecazz wrote:
    r0cky143 wrote:
    I see where you guys are coming from, and I understand that placing well in tourneys will net you multiple copies of covers (currently 3 in the hollowpoint PVP). But one thing I have noticed is that instead of a tier of 3 covers (1 of each color) they have dropped it to 2 colors and put the 3rd in the Alliance rewards.

Now I am only around 50 days in, but I thought my first few tourneys i played in, they didn't have the alliance reward tier at all.

Because of the current alliance point structure, you are essentially required to join a 15+ team to get that third cover.

I am all for alliance rewards and rewarding teams for solid hard work, I just feel the current model is terrible and P2W. Sure each of your team members must play well, but you autowin just by paying for extra slots in your alliance.

You don't need a 15+ team just to get the cover. You can do it with a team of 5.

This is wrong.

You do need to be a part of a bigger alliance now, and you have to explain to me why 5 uber grinders who might not need to would **** themselves and say 'we don't need a bigger roster" anyway? Remember this is a discussion regarding people trying to break into 3* territory, not people who are pro at this game and are relatively maxed already.

The list of big alliances are expanding every single hour. A week ago, this assertion may have been true. I'm in a maxed alliance myself, and some members have decided to take it easy on Hollowpoint (no big deal), and its looking like even WE won't be getting the black cover either.
  • My 16-man alliance just finished Hollowpoint in 70th with 9200 points. Best guess for the 100th place cutoff would be around 8600-8800. Yeah, you need a good alliance for that third cover (though maybe still possible with a 5-man in PvE where the third cover goes to top 250).
  • Alarron wrote:
    My 16-man alliance just finished Hollowpoint in 70th with 9200 points. Best guess for the 100th place cutoff would be around 8600-8800. Yeah, you need a good alliance for that third cover (though maybe still possible with a 5-man in PvE where the third cover goes to top 250).

I just finished top of my bracket with 837 points. Which is great, but while i get a Invisible woman cover, my guild was way back in 1500ish place.

Now we are new players, none of us have a 3* roster. And we didn't expect to get a black cover in the current environemnt, but even with 4 others at my score (enough to win your bracket) we wouldn't break top 100. We would need all 5 members to average 1700-2000 just to break into the top 100.

Now, i know i could drop out of my alliance and join another, or spend the money to open up more spots to contend with the large alliances... but that is at it's very core p2w.

I wish there was a way to trade in covers for specific colors, and i know thats not an option because it breaks the HP sink and income of d3, but it would be nice.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    r0cky143 wrote:

Agreed. I got top 10 in my bracket, but my 7 person alliance didn't even crack the top 500 alliances.

They're giving out more covers overall, but they're more difficult to obtain, especially for the "little guy". Others have proposed keeping the 3-cover reward in the player rewards, then awarding an additional cover for alliance rewards as lagniappe - I would like this.

Guess we'll see...
  • I (luckily) started playing around the Thick as Thieves event, so my team of level 20ish 1*s gained me about 8-9 covers for Patch. I've ridden on his back ever since, especially since he was buffed for several events immediately afterwards. I didn't field a great 3* team (90+ish) until about day 45-50, but it was still super early because I never really fielded a 2* team. Thanks Thick as Thieves designer!
  • hmm this ISO dump i need to take in order to level someone up to 141... this is going to be a sloooowwwww process!
  • M1Lance
    M1Lance Posts: 41 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I started playing in late October and it wasnt until around January that I was able to work up to having 3 usable *** characters on my team. Back when they first introduced shields they were cheaper than they are now and allowed you to see and attack anyone whether they were shielded or not, so all the progression awards for PVP were somewhat easily obtainable. Basically if you were able to dedicate 3-4 hours of playing for any tourney you were guaranteed 5 *** covers and at least one ****.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    I'm still fielding 2*s 167 days in. I probably fielded all 3*s when a couple were buffed or something but I'm not at the point where I can run pure 3*s quite yet. Punisher and Hulk are both at 95 with Patch and Black Widow (Grey Suit) inching upwards in the 70s.
  • IceIX wrote:
    I'm still fielding 2*s 167 days in. I probably fielded all 3*s when a couple were buffed or something but I'm not at the point where I can run pure 3*s quite yet. Punisher and Hulk are both at 95 with Patch and Black Widow (Grey Suit) inching upwards in the 70s.

Get a move on then. Or you shall get Bagman's sticker on you and be kicked. Your embarrassing the good Django name. And after HailMary's "accidental" wardrobe malfunction,that's all we need.
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Get a move on then. Or you shall get Bagman's sticker on you and be kicked. Your embarrassing the good Django name. And after HailMary's "accidental" wardrobe malfunction,that's all we need.
    Hey, Bag-Man's in the next Heroic, he gets his time in the lime-light too! And jeebus, marriages, wardrobe malfunctions, vacations... Does anybody actually *work* in Django?
  • IceIX wrote:
    Hey, Bag-Man's in the next Heroic, he gets his time in the lime-light too! And jeebus, marriages, wardrobe malfunctions, vacations... Does anybody actually *work* in Django?
    Work??? You don't know the meaning of the word. Our collective backs are sore from carrying you from event to event, in the hope one day you will repay us. We're still waiting.
  • WilsonFisk
    WilsonFisk Posts: 365 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm on day 75, and no viable 3* yet but SOOOO close on several. I've just recently got to the point where it's getting easy to consistently place top 10 in the PVP events. This, and having a good alliance has been netting me 3 3* covers each PVP event, so the 3* roster is getting more and more doable every day.
  • I've spent around 200h over 3~ months and a decent chunk of cash on this game, and I haven't managed to get even one rare to 100+ (my highest is 55? I believe). After that I simply gave up because I started to encounter rare teams in pvp without any hope of beating them. Now I just log in from time to time checking the forums or ingame to see if anything changed.
  • farlus
    farlus Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Infini wrote:
    I've spent around 200h over 3~ months and a decent chunk of cash on this game, and I haven't managed to get even one rare to 100+ (my highest is 55? I believe). After that I simply gave up because I started to encounter rare teams in pvp without any hope of beating them. Now I just log in from time to time checking the forums or ingame to see if anything changed.

Do some research around the forums on MMR tanking, it will help you if you wish to get back into the game.
  • Been playing since day 1. Haven't felt the need to use a 3-star team all that often. Only one I remember was the 3-star tourney that rewarded Spidey, since it was a requirement. I think I used IM40/Spidey/GSBW. Managed top2 finish. After that, went back to using 2-stars. I sometimes pull out a 3-star team during LRs, but not that often. I wonder if they will do another 3-star tourney.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Day 85, and I haven't. Best I have in that category is a 1/2/2 Iron Man. The rest have three or fewer covers. Seeing people say they're over twice that and still on two star builds, I assume I'll burn out this before I get any threes to a competition ready state.