Pay It Forward HP Alliance

Options
Unknown
edited April 2014 in MPQ Alliances
We are a small alliance looking to add members and eventually get up to 20 but we are not too interested in micro transactions. We would love you to join if you are mid tier in the game and looking to join a big alliance and don't have money to spend but there is a catch. I am more than happy to pay the 600 hero points for member 6 but I ask that once you join you put 600 hero points in the pot for the next person to join and so on and so on till we get to 20. The alliance is NoMoneyMoGrind, if you are interested and down with the rules on engagement. Based on the current game economy we should be able to make our hero points back in no time.

Thanks,
PuzzlePoser

Comments

• I'm already in an alliance, but I'm confused as to how this would work. You can't share HP currently. You can only pay for slots in increments of 100, so 600, then 700, and so on.

Am I missing something?
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The problem here is that the 7th slot is 700, the 8th is 800 and so on...

While this is how many alliances were built (including ace of blades) it's not 600 a slot so plan accordingly
  • Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize that it was an increase for each slot but I should have figured. I thought a little more about this and I figure that I could potentially separate out my hp versus the hp awarded to the alliance. I could build up the alliance hp and use that to unlock slots however this would be very long term play but maybe it would scale nicely. Any thoughts on other strategy and whether they pay off in the end? At this point I am stuck with a maxed 3* iron man and a couple months of grinding to get enough covers for grey suite or spidy for them to add any value. ough.
  • Arogntbastrd
    Arogntbastrd Posts: 1,009 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I didn't realize that it was an increase for each slot but I should have figured. I thought a little more about this and I figure that I could potentially separate out my hp versus the hp awarded to the alliance. I could build up the alliance hp and use that to unlock slots however this would be very long term play but maybe it would scale nicely. Any thoughts on other strategy and whether they pay off in the end? At this point I am stuck with a maxed 3* iron man and a couple months of grinding to get enough covers for grey suite or spidy for them to add any value. ough.

My alliance is usually around the top ten always top 50' we've gotten 2nd twice. The pvps are set up to give you 100 ISO for top 50 alliance finish and then 50 hp further down the chain so yeah, it'll take a while to use alliance hp for more slots.

Honestly the way to advance is just keep playing. Im40 isn't a great 3* transition bc his main benefit is feeding ap to someone else, except you don't have that "someone else" yet but if he's maxed that's still a ton of health and good match damage. Try to find some synergy between your im40 ap generation and your other characters, for example 2* wolverine reds awesome (it's no patch but still respectable) and just keep trying to get top 50 to get atleast one 3* cover and eventually you'll have a team that can get top 10 consistently for 2 covers.

As far as the alliance, I'd try asking specific people if they'd like to join instead of the generic "does anyone want to join" until you have 10 or more. Given a choice people will want to try to join a larger alliance but once it gets a little larger people will be drawn to it.

Otherwise if you have no ties to your current alliance, or don't have time to recruit. it'll be easier to just join one yourself. Getting a guaranteed 3* cover every tourney is awesome! especially once you have all the 2*s and tokens become rubbish

And finally, if you haven't already read polarity's transition guide, it's really good viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3939

Good luck