No commander alliance

Options
2»

Comments

• If it really is true that the last commander cannot willingly leave and the only way to become a commanderless alliance is by having a cheater sandboxes, then they really ought to be disbanded. I have seen more aggravation and griping about people whose alliances cannot place well because of size than almost anything else. Disbanding cheater alliances would be at least some balm to those complaints.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    dlaw008 wrote:
    If it really is true that the last commander cannot willingly leave and the only way to become a commanderless alliance is by having a cheater sandboxes, then they really ought to be disbanded. I have seen more aggravation and griping about people whose alliances cannot place well because of size than almost anything else. Disbanding cheater alliances would be at least some balm to those complaints.

Ok I was curious about this because I too heard someone claim the last commander couldn't leave an Alliance. That is false I just farmed 2500 iso and created an alliance on my laptop and left it... There was no one else in it so it dissolved. So while it is possible maybe that event should cause the alliance to collapse no mater what? I think that would solve some of this at least. And considering its quite expensive to buy 20 slots I doubt many/anyone would do this intentionally if not cheating.

My alliance, 15 man at the moment has definitely been affected negatively by these leaderless 20 man alliances (remnants of cheaters) and it just every easy to see in the leader board these unorganized masses are definitely a threat in PvE events where a warm body with any roster is able to collect a lot of points and out rank us because of rubber banding and scaling systems. PvP is different because they in general would have to work harder and use shields to score highly. Last PvE we were close to not ranking top 100 in PvP event we can rank top 50. So yeah they really need to work on this because people are def. getting screwed out of rewards.
  • The whole alliance thing is still forming up, so let's remember most players aren't on the forum. So some of them get in a cheaters alliance who gets ousted, they don't know what the tinykitty is going on.

If devs just break those alliances without any word to the members we might see a lot of people just quitting. The whole alliance matter is pretty confusing to non-forum players
  • MaxCavalera
    Options
    The whole alliance thing is still forming up, so let's remember most players aren't on the forum. So some of them get in a cheaters alliance who gets ousted, they don't know what the tinykitty is going on.

If devs just break those alliances without any word to the members we might see a lot of people just quitting. The whole alliance matter is pretty confusing to non-forum players

If you just join a public alliance w/o being invited there is a possibility of getting booted already. People in these alliances might try to find out **** happened and end up here on the forum. If no one in the current alliance contributed any HP to roster expansion I really do not see any down side to making them go POOF.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    The whole alliance thing is still forming up, so let's remember most players aren't on the forum. So some of them get in a cheaters alliance who gets ousted, they don't know what the tinykitty is going on.

The people joining cheated alliance didnt spent anything on roster slot. They already benefited from illegitimate player. They are not losing anything from getting remove from an illegitimate alliance.
    On the other hand people who legitimately paid for member slot are losing out on reward because they are given out to cheated alliances. You will lose at lot more player this way. Also remember, people who legitimately increase their roster slot are most likely willing to spend on the game as oppose to people who are freeloader and doesnt even visit the forum.

Ok I was curious about this because I too heard someone claim the last commander couldn't leave an Alliance. That is false I just farmed 2500 iso and created an alliance on my laptop and left it... There was no one else in it so it dissolved.
    I was the one who claim that fact and it is not false.
    This only happen because you are the only member in the alliance. Have you ever think how stupid would it be if you would prevent someone from leaving an alliance when he/she is the only member there?. If there are 2 or more member in an alliance and you are the only commander. You cant not leave until you make someone else the commander.
  • The whole alliance thing is still forming up, so let's remember most players aren't on the forum. So some of them get in a cheaters alliance who gets ousted, they don't know what the tinykitty is going on.

If you just join a public alliance w/o being invited there is a possibility of getting booted already. People in these alliances might try to find out **** happened and end up here on the forum. If no one in the current alliance contributed any HP to roster expansion I really do not see any down side to making them go POOF.

I do agree and approve of this, just send a message out.
  • dlaw008 wrote:
    I've been curious about how many alliances have expanded to 20 members.
    A week ago my alliance had 13 members and finished ~#65 in a pvp. At some point I checked the alliances that were around us in the screen. 8 of them were already 20/20 and only 1 was 19/20 so I think it's safe to assume by now we have 100 maxed alliances, probably more.
  • This issue is not so simple and it actually comes down to how alliances are handled especially member numbers. While it is easy to make money with it now we have to deal with possibility of cheater effecting far more players with persisting effects even after said cheater removed.

I guess a lot depends how well are player actions logged and how long those logs kept. It is easy to say commander cheated and should delete alliance as he bought those places with hacked money...but are you sure that happened? What if someone else bought some of them or even cheater before he started cheating. Do you delete entire alliance still, those spots and who do you boot from alliance if reduced slots.
  • MaxCavalera
    Options
    Justdangit wrote:

The people joining cheated alliance didnt spent anything on roster slot. They already benefited from illegitimate player. They are not losing anything from getting remove from an illegitimate alliance.
    On the other hand people who legitimately paid for member slot are losing out on reward because they are given out to cheated alliances. You will lose at lot more player this way. Also remember, people who legitimately increase their roster slot are most likely willing to spend on the game as oppose to people who are freeloader and doesnt even visit the forum.

Ok I was curious about this because I too heard someone claim the last commander couldn't leave an Alliance. That is false I just farmed 2500 iso and created an alliance on my laptop and left it... There was no one else in it so it dissolved.
    I was the one who claim that fact and it is not false.
    This only happen because you are the only member in the alliance. Have you ever think how stupid would it be if you would prevent someone from leaving an alliance when he/she is the only member there?. If there are 2 or more member in an alliance and you are the only commander. You cant not leave until you make someone else the commander.

Ok thanks for clarifying its a weird loop hole but i guess it makes sense that you need some way to be able to disband an alliance.

bjgiZO0.jpg

Screen capped this from the just finished Captain America PvP French army known cheater alliance still rolling around sucking up rewards **** ****.
  • Yup and now the cheaters are getting smarter. Now they are buying roster slots, then leaving the alliance and rejoining as a non-commander to make it less obvious. Only if you happen to check the alliance when they are the only commander will you see something fishy (high level 4*s with very few 3*s and 2*, maxed Gold Caps + Gold Thor)

At this point I'm not even bothering to report them anymore as there hasn't been a word from D3 about any kind of effort being put in to address this. In the picture above you can see proof of a cheater alliance taking rewards away from legitimate smaller alliances, but the majority of forum goers don't care because they are already in 20 man alliances with guaranteed rewards (Disclaimer: I am too!). Really disgusting to see French Army getting any sort of rewards.
  • Unknown
    edited April 2014
    Options
    Atren wrote:
    This issue is not so simple and it actually comes down to how alliances are handled especially member numbers. While it is easy to make money with it now we have to deal with possibility of cheater effecting far more players with persisting effects even after said cheater removed.

I guess a lot depends how well are player actions logged and how long those logs kept. It is easy to say commander cheated and should delete alliance as he bought those places with hacked money...but are you sure that happened? What if someone else bought some of them or even cheater before he started cheating. Do you delete entire alliance still, those spots and who do you boot from alliance if reduced slots.

The point is not whether they have been keeping logs but they should do so fom now on if they want to stem this tide of cheater funded alliances. They should keep tabs on how much HP was pent by each member. And most of the ones mentioned here are alliances where there was only one commander so he/she paid for all the slots. That's why when the sole commander gets removed, the alliance is left with no commander.

Keeping logs isn't something that is different to implement. I think as a player, we just want to know that they are doing something about it not just rely on the unreliable reporting by players since we only catch the dumbest/clueless/ arrogant cheaters.

In fact, the recent cheater I reported made his friends commanders before leaving and rejoining so he didn't even have commander status. And then all his friends was emboldened by his success and started cheating too and now all of them are sandboxed, but not before leaving another 18 slot public alliance with no commander. You can be sure they will be back since it takes them no effort at all to get all the covers and levels back.

Edit: just for the record, the alliance name is dark-heroes
  • N00b question, what exactly does "sandboxing" mean? Is their account just banned/deleted? Or is it something else?

Thx
  • Cheaters alliances out NOW icon_evil.gif
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I find these cheater alliances really frustrating since I'm building a legitimate alliance & we have just reached our 7th slot. I'm spending my own hard earned HP on each slot, and the last PvP event, we couldn't even earn any ISO because we were just below the lowest threshold when an illegal 20 man alliance is sucking up rewards that we could be collecting.