New character- Cyclops

Options
I've read a lot of surveys that want to see Cyclops in the game, so here's what I think would make a cool Cyclops cover. The concept I am going for his high-damage, low-HP, and based on his abilities stated in the comics.

Cyclops (Astonishing X-Men or Classic)- I like the Astonishing look but I know many people like his X-Men cartoon look too.

2* or 3* (Probably a 3* since those are mostly what is added these days)

Red ability- Optic Blast- Destroys a row or column of tiles, selected by the player. Does damage but does not generate AP. Successive levels increase the amount of damage done by the blast and reduce the amount of AP required.

Blue ability- Tactician- Cyclops uses his leadership abilities to coordinate his team's attacks. Adds 1-2 blue strike tiles at level one. Successive levels increase the strength of the attack tile and the number of attack tiles

Black ability- Ricochet (or yellow, depending on whether Astonishing or Classic- should match the color of his visor)- Cyclops uses his mastery of his optic blasts to do targeted damage. Destroy a random number of tiles. Does damage to entire enemy team, but does not generate AP. Successive levels increase damage and tiles, at the cost of adding 1-4 AP.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• I don't read comics, but from skimming the Dark Reign page on Wikipedia it looks like Cyclops isn't really involved in the Dark Reign saga (except for having his severed head featured on a cover). It seems like likely candidates for future characters include Victoria Hand, Emma Frost, Spider Woman, Deadpool, Elekra, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk.

That said, I'd personally enjoy more x-men characters, since I'm personally more familiar with those guys than most other Marvel characters.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Even though I can't keep up getting HP for character slots as is, if they must add more, X-Men are my favorite branch of Marvel. Thumbs up.
  • I don't read comics, but from skimming the Dark Reign page on Wikipedia it looks like Cyclops isn't really involved in the Dark Reign saga (except for having his severed head featured on a cover). It seems like likely candidates for future characters include Victoria Hand, Emma Frost, Spider Woman, Deadpool, Elekra, Moon Knight, and She-Hulk.

That said, I'd personally enjoy more x-men characters, since I'm personally more familiar with those guys than most other Marvel characters.

There is the Utopia storyline, in which the X-Men come into direct conflict with the Dark Avengers and takes place during the Dark Reign saga. I also love the X-Men and I'm surprised that Psylocke got in before Cyclops did. The X-Men need their leader! (Note: yes, Storm was their leader while during the mid to late 1980s and led the Gold Team, but let's be honest, when I think "leader of the X-Men," I think Cyclops.
  • ricochet mono target dps and generate AP.
    Optic blast. should be multi target