Oh god, not this again - Red iso 8!

Comments

• Despite Situp whom I've seen multiple times in various brackets, I don't know anyone now.

Situp - 4575
    Phantomux - 4394
    Arclight (me) - 4255
    Hadamar - 4218
    minh99900 - 4021
    NWTFISJUICE - 3783
    OffisaPups - 3728
    tdh2233 - 3726
    Uther916 - 3707
    CapnRogers - 3588
  • I recognize Russad (who's the only person currently above me), but I don't think anyone else. It looks like we have about five players battling it out for the top three spots. I'm hoping I can keep it up on Monday when I'm at work for most of the end of the event.
  • I have no chance.. I went from 2nd - 26th because I went to bed... Its not worth it.. I went from 100 pts behind first place to 2000 pts behind.
  • Vexed wrote:
    I have no chance.. I went from 2nd - 26th because I went to bed... Its not worth it.. I went from 100 pts behind first place to 2000 pts behind.

You went to sleep? Vexed, I don't think you understand how these 5-day tournaments work.
  • I just want top 15 because Sue's yellow is pretty useless.
  • cepage wrote:
    Vexed wrote:
    I have no chance.. I went from 2nd - 26th because I went to bed... Its not worth it.. I went from 100 pts behind first place to 2000 pts behind.

You went to sleep? Vexed, I don't think you understand how these 5-day tournaments work.

I guess whoever has insomnia will win lol. The truly hardcore probably set an alarm to go off
    every 2 hours lol.
  • I can't even be bothered with this one. It's not fun, just a long grind. I do the missions for the initial rewards - wouldv'e also been good to have the next part of the story rather than just a repeat.
  • My current thought is: If I'm in the top 3 both when I go to sleep and at 3 PM EDT each day, I'm probably in pretty good shape. We will see how that holds up when the work week starts...
  • JohnduBois wrote:
    My current thought is: If I'm in the top 3 both when I go to sleep and at 3 PM EDT each day, I'm probably in pretty good shape. We will see how that holds up when the work week starts...

You know, I had no intention of trying to finish high in this one, but somehow I wound up near the top, and now I'm working like crazy to stay up there. I have no clue why. There's no way this character is going to be useful, especially without a bunch more covers it could take months to get.
  • I just noticed, my bracket says it has 1001 players, on the featured tab banner for this event.
  • Misguided wrote:
    You know, I had no intention of trying to finish high in this one, but somehow I wound up near the top, and now I'm working like crazy to stay up there. I have no clue why. There's no way this character is going to be useful, especially without a bunch more covers it could take months to get.

Exactly the same boat.... Don't know how I wound up there, but now I find myself grinding away, while simultaneously asking myself "what the heck are you doing?! I don't even want or have use for the extra cover..." icon_e_confused.gif
    ... Geez.. I should just stop...but i've invested all this grinding time already... icon_rolleyes.gif
  • You all sound like addicts icon_e_smile.gif
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    You all sound like addicts icon_e_smile.gif

Hey man... the first cover was free!
  • Zathrus wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Hey man... the first cover was free!

I can stop any time...really...
  • cepage wrote:
    Vexed wrote:

I went to sleep #2 and woke up at the same place. I slept for about 6hrs, no alarm, just woke up by myself. True, my lead on #4 decreased from over 1000 pts to about 700pts, but it wasn't a problem, because all my reapatables were nicely restocked.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about...
    Video games aren't addictive.. icon_redface.gif
  • I'm just gonna put this out there and say I don't particularly like the new format. Too grindy for my taste. Even the first Unstable ISO event which was devoid of gimmicks was less grindy. I'm just glad I don't care for IW.
  • I'm just gonna put this out there and say I don't particularly like the new format. Too grindy for my taste. Even the first Unstable ISO event which was devoid of gimmicks was less grindy. I'm just glad I don't care for IW.

Right there with you. And while I don't care for IW, I do still want to place in the top 15, just because.

But it's grindy and BORING grindy. I don't know if it's because my covers are higher level now, making it easier, or because of the point changes, or all of the above. I suspect the latter.
  • i'm never starting a non-lightning round event immediately again. only the hardcore players join and it just turns into a super grindfest.

right now, 9:40 eastern time, here's the top 5 in my bracket

htGarp 8349
    Demo17 8343
    Loguen 8028
    imredkewl 7032
    me 6948

It's SO grindy. There's no way anyone is catching top 3, and there's no way anyone below me is knocking me out of top 15 because I have the same huge lead over them, but EVERYONE HAS TO KEEP PLAYING BECAUSE THEY ARE DON'T KNOW IF THEY CAN STOP icon_e_sad.gif

I bet if you had a poll that was like "end event now", a vast majority would say yes.

meanwhile I'm #1 in the hawkeye/bullseye thing because I joined a day late and it seems like there's only 10 people actually trying in the bracket. I have 600 points or something and if you have 400 points you're top 10.
  • Was #1 the first days but decided to have a life during the weekend and sitting quite happy as #9 right now 1000points up to #1 and a couple of 100's to #16 so if needed I will grind later today/tomorrow to stay within top 15